Colorful Tech Web

The recent update for this mod seems to have broken the unit UI, such as putting farms/generators ect down it also removed how many turns the unit had used. I unclicked this mod in the mod list and started a new game and it was fixed.

That really shouldn't be possible. This mod only alters one game file which is only used when building a tech info box. Activating a unit also removes the "currently building" information - are you sure you weren't accidentally double clicking?

New version fixes the "empty .zip file" problem some people have been having and may fix the "interferes with unit UI" bugs that others have reported.

I like this mod! I gave you a shoutout on my blog. :thumbsup:

I love the idea of coloring items, though the exact colors don't quite fit the game's color scheme. What if we match hues from the game?

A few things are tough to identify in the base game:
  • Wonders look like buildings.
  • Satellites look like units.
  • Affinity-locked items don't stand out.
These need color most. We don't need to see a color difference between units and buildings, since the icon shape makes that difference obvious. Adding affinity icons to their items looks a bit cluttered. I tried something new. I took a few screenshots of the game interface, extracted art assets, and tinted icons for those 3 areas to match colors from the interface.

What do you think of this:

Spoiler :

• Wonders - purple
  • Satellites - sky blue
  • Affinity items - affinity colors (red, orange, teal)

This makes it very easy to spot those things at a glance, particularly affinity items. If some people prefer the old colors, could both color themes be options in the download? I attached the psd and dds files for your convenience. :)

Attachments

• buildingatlas360.zip
    618.5 KB · Views: 280
Is it possible to do this as a compatible replacer that can just run like a DLC, like the Enhanced UI mod so I can use it multiplayer?

I like this mod! I gave you a shoutout on my blog. :thumbsup:

I love the idea of coloring items, though the exact colors don't quite fit the game's color scheme. What if we match hues from the game?

A few things are tough to identify in the base game:
  • Wonders look like buildings.
  • Satellites look like units.
  • Affinity-locked items don't stand out.
These need color most. We don't need to see a color difference between units and buildings, since the icon shape makes that difference obvious. Adding affinity icons to their items looks a bit cluttered. I tried something new. I took a few screenshots of the game interface, extracted art assets, and tinted icons for those 3 areas to match colors from the interface.

What do you think of this:

Spoiler :

• Wonders - purple
  • Satellites - sky blue
  • Affinity items - affinity colors (red, orange, teal)

This makes it very easy to spot those things at a glance, particularly affinity items. If some people prefer the old colors, could both color themes be options in the download? I attached the psd and dds files for your convenience. :)

Great idea.

they added their own colour in the patch :p

...and it's nowhere near as good a color coding system as this mod...Would have thought they'd use it for clues. :)

I know this is old but I just saw CIVBE on sale and decided to grab it from steam.

I am getting an error that it can't load the IconAtlas .dds files. And the game won't get past those errors at load start.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

The Mod is from before they revamped the tech tree, so it's most likely simply not functional in the current version of the game.

And it shouldn't really be required either, the basic tech tree now has color coding by default, not on the icons themselves, but by the border around them.

Last edited:
The Mod is from before they revamped the tech tree, so it's most likely simply not functional in the current version of the game.

And it shouldn't really be required either, the basic tech tree now has color coding by default, not on the icons themselves, but by the border around them.

Thanks I'll disable it then

Top Bottom