Colourblind mode?

kodemunkey

Chieftain
Hello again, is there an option to assist colourblind players find the borders of civs? I'm red / green colourblind and the borders of the Commanche tribe don't really show up on the map unless i zoom out, they're a lighter shade of red than the Danish civ's borders.

Would it be plausible to add a white dotted line with the borders? I kinda ended up exterminating the Danes with a group of bear riders.

Hello again, is there an option to assist colourblind players find the borders of civs? I'm red / green colourblind and the borders of the Commanche tribe don't really show up on the map unless i zoom out, they're a lighter shade of red than the Danish civ's borders.

Would it be plausible to add a white dotted line with the borders? I kinda ended up exterminating the Danes with a group of bear riders.

IIRC you can change colours in BUG option.
Or give me a hint which colours you like and I change them in XML files and send you special files for these 2 civilizations.

IIRC you can change colors in BUG option.

Its better to just change them in the BUG options, you have waaay over 200ish options in the BUG stuff you just need to mess around the way YOUR gameplay is.

It is sometimes really difficult to see borders at all, on the main map and even more so on the minimap. Especially with greyish colours.

Try buying a color monitor, instead of a black and white one. :lol:

There was a mod that changed what the borders looked like and another that added a large number of colours so everyone could be unique. Those mods need to be hunted out.;)

Edit A post on the main forum gives some info on how to change the colours see here

edit 2 the mod with the extra 150 colours is here

It is just XML to set up the colours. Then the civs need to be changed to use the new colours. As noted in the document some look better than others.

Edit 3 on further examination it looks like we have all those colours in c2C with some variations. I wonder why they are not being used for the culture borders colours?

Top Bottom