Comanche Rider

Vintage Port

Backstab this!
My apologies if this has been discussed somewhere else but I couldn't find it. Other than being a bit cheaper, is there any difference between a Comanche Rider and Cavalry?

Says cheaper and faster, but what does faster really mean? Both have 4 movement points. I believe one of the abilities is "Full Moon Striker" but I have no idea what that is. Full Moon Striker says +1 movement but on the tooltip it still says 4 movement points for a Comanche Rider, same as Cavalry.

Anyone help me out?

Thanks.

It should have 4 movement and then +1 from the promotion. The basic stat still is 4 movement so the tooltip is correct. And ingame the unit will still have 5 movement then.
Why is that "important"/correct?
If you upgrade the Comanche Rider it will keep the promotion unlike other unique units with more basic movement (that doesn't come from an promotion) - they'd lose their extra movement after you upgrade them (example: Danish Berserkers, German Panzers).

It should have 4 movement and then +1 from the promotion. The basic stat still is 4 movement so the tooltip is correct. And ingame the unit will still have 5 movement then.
Why is that "important"/correct?
If you upgrade the Comanche Rider it will keep the promotion unlike other unique units with more basic movement (that doesn't come from an promotion) - they'd lose their extra movement after you upgrade them (example: Danish Berserkers, German Panzers).

This is true. Full Moon Striker carries over to your Landships etc, when you upgrade your Comanche to them. That is how it is better than other units that have the extra movement factored into their hard numbers.

And don't forget they are cheaper than regular cavalry now.

Fantastic, good to know. I'm playing them right now but only 30 turns in so this is helpful to plan my attack. 5 movement points for Cavalry sounds fun :D

This is true. Full Moon Striker carries over to your Landships etc, when you upgrade your Comanche to them. That is how it is better than other units that have the extra movement factored into their hard numbers.

And don't forget they are cheaper than regular cavalry now.

Speaking of cheaper, do they cost less to upgrade, if one already has knights?

Because as we all know, the Shoshone were both expert riders and masterful engineers, designing some of the world's quickest and most agile tanks! :lol:

Note however that being cheaper to produce also means upgrading them is more expensive than it usually would be (and also upgrading to CR is cheaper, so it has advantages and disadvantages). Without having played bnw though yet I'd say this mechanic is bad for early era units while for later era units like the CR it should be fine as at that point gold probably isn't as sparse as it is at the beginning of the game.

Because as we all know, the Shoshone were both expert riders and masterful engineers, designing some of the world's quickest and most agile tanks! :lol:

Texans lie awake on moonlit nights in trepidation. Was that distant rumble thunder or Comanche Diesel?:lol:

Texans lie awake on moonlit nights in trepidation. Was that distant rumble thunder or Comanche Diesel?:lol:

I wonder if they would make the swap to top mounted macine gun for the CO or stick to the old ways and have a traditional lancer ride atop the turret?

I wonder if they would make the swap to top mounted macine gun for the CO or stick to the old ways and have a traditional lancer ride atop the turret?

On top the turret? No. They straddle the gun barrel and steers the tank with their knees.

On top the turret? No. They straddle the gun barrel and steers the tank with their knees.

I can hear the panzer elite soiling themselves and crying in fear as we speak.

Well, this is the game of "could have been" s, remember? ;)

Who would have said in 100 AD that the Germanic tribes of central Europe would built the best tank of the world in 1944?

The beauty of history... everything seems so obvious in retrospective.

Tanks are history. Welcome the greatest Shoshone GDR!

Top Bottom