Combat animations / Quick combat / Horse archers?

tlaurila

Warlord
So, the quick combat option is broken, at least for now.

However, it seems that for some reason chariot archers have stopped playing out combat animations at some point. I found this rather good in speeding up the game- unless this is just some odd bug in my game. Since most of the tedious combat waitings tend to be bombardments, at least how I play the game, maybe this "feature" could be extended and taken advantage of? I don't see any problems in the game relating to chariots, such as lacking loot with prof army, either.

So lack of quick combat in melee I don't really mind, it's somewhat exciting to watch anyway. But bombardment could just skip the animation like those horse archers already do.

What'd you think?

Or alternatively, if possible, maybe the bombard animations could be sped up significantly?

However, it seems that for some reason chariot archers have stopped playing out combat animations at some point.
I have also observed this. Camel archers and Keshiks too, maybe, I forget.

I've also noticed that AA guns keep shooting and getting little explosion "hits" on fighters long after the fighter animation has stopped playing.

The mounted archer combat class has no attack animation because it's not possible to link attack animations to new combat classes. I could rename other combat classes so they'd have no attack animation either, if you'd like that.

I'd prefer archers and the siege line of bombards to not play animations, but that's just me.

Btw, isn't it silly that you can't choose "quick combat" from the graphic options menu, but you have to click it on/off for the whole game? Typically, when numbers of units increase towards the later game, I would like to remove animations as they just take so long. But they do bring a nice atmosphere, especially in the early game where every combat counts.

Is it possible for you to re-establish the original unit classes for mounted archers until you get access to the core code? Or does some game effect depend on the new unit class? I really miss seeing my keshiks slaughter enemies with their arrows.

I introduced the mounted archer class because of the Stable and Mongolia's trait. Since these units were previously the archer class, they did not receive bonuses from the stable or trait, which didn't make much sense to me.

Top Bottom