Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ask, Apr 21, 2020.
... and the Pass broke CQUI again :-/ Might be the final nail in the coffin.
Ahh, and I JUST reinstalled it after a year or more without it. History repeats itself yet again!
Anyone know why combat log messages and rumors are skewed toward the right of the screen rather than center?
It was changed in a patch
WASD is in the clear. Sadly I suspect it's the radial measuring tool that blocks the yield hotkey.
Some more mods:
Appeal, Loyalty and Prestige (Diplo VP) Font Icons by Leugi
Happiness and Growth Indicators by lockstep (displays neat info about housing and amenities of ALL your cities on the top panel)
I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned even with all the policy change reminder mods, but "Alternate Policy Screen" is an absolute MUST!
Not only does it make viewing the policies and changing the policies cleaner, but it also tells you what the overall benefit to your empire will be for changing policies! For example, switching to rationalism it will tell you "+22.5 science."
Will that work with CQUI?
Yeah I've been using this for a few weeks now, and it's awesome... I loved the Better Report Screen mod equivalent screen a lot, but this is better as the info from BRS in incorporated in the UI itself. And it IS using BRS for it's numbers.
We're working on reviving CQUI. There's a version functional with Frontier Pass on GitHub: https://github.com/civfanatics/CQUI_Community-Edition
It will work with anything that has been updated with the patch that was released with Frontier Pass. It does NOT require that you have purchased Frontier Pass.
We haven't had any success in finding the person that uploaded CQUI to the workshop, so we are working on uploading a new version of it.
Does assigning envoys to city states not work? I'm not able to allocate them still, unless I installed the wrong version somehow.
Works fine for me... which never helps What expansions are you running and what kind of machine (PC/Mac/Linux)?
It's not mentioned because "Better Report Screen" does the same thing and it also enhances the other report screens like the city overview significantly. A must-have mod in my opinion.
I do wonder if both mods can be used at the same time though?! That would be neat. Does anybody know?
Edit: Another question: Does anyone know a mod which shows the correct length (turn number) of trade routes? Better trade screen is often wrong and let's not talk about vanilla -_-
Here are my "3 grosze" (aka 2 cents).
I am using what I think is "the best of breed". Since most of the UI in Civ6 is modular and loosely coupled (with few exceptions), you can pick the cherries.
1. CQUI - the core, which I consider City screen, Production panel and Worldview. I was using CUI for a long time for that.
2. CUI - Deal screen (arguably the best out there), City States (quest on the main page, hell yeah), Great Works (for theming helper), screenshot, spy counter
3. Astog's Better Trade Screen (and BES + ML which are in CQUI)
4. My mods: Real Great People, Betters: Report Screen, Tech Tree, Civilopedia, Leader Icon, Loading Screen, Climate Screen
5. Extras: Enhaced Mod Manager, Map Tacks, Sukritact's Global Relations, Real Era Tracker, Simplified Gossip (now in CQUI), Quick Start
6. Cosmetics: Civ5 Environment Skin, Better District Icons, Alternative Fog of War, Prettier Lakes, Tsunami Waves Lite.
7. The only gameplay mods I use on a regular basis are Gold Resource, Real Tech Tree and Real Balanced Patheons.
8. Real Strategy for AI.
To make it all work, a few manual tweaks are needed.
1. Better Trade Screen - up the Load Order, so it will overwrite CQUI.
2. CQUI - disable in .modinfo all diplomacydealview related lines, so Deal Screen from CUI may work, and BTS integration (just in case).
2. CUI - disable unused modules and up the LoadOrder (e.g. to 200).
3. I am also tweaking ML so the scroller is gone (it is not needed and I hate it), so also up the Load Order here.
Do all those, including your fine mod Real Strategy, work with the latest update? And when you say the core of CQUI, is that the "lite" version on steam? Thanks for this helpful post!
1. Yes, I use all of them with GS and 22.214.171.1241 game.
2. No, I use full CQUI from the latest update. I wrote about “core” meaning that these are the most important parts for me. CQUI modifies hundreds of other files, but I don’t want to do changes there. I prefer to overwrite the files with the mods that I want to use. Simply less work. This deal screen thing was an exception because CQUI modifies a file that CUI does not and it breaks the flow of control.
Excellent, thank you. I have CQUI already installed from the latest (I think) github. So you're saying to make sure that Astog's Mods are higher up the load order than CQUI, and that Concise UI is lower? And where in the load order do you put your own Betters mods? Thanks again!
Load Order should be CQUI-> CUI -> other mods. CQUi uses up to 150 I think. I dont remember if I changed CUI LO, you need to check it yourself. I put BTS at 500. All my UI mods have already LO adjusted for CQUI.
Edit. I've checked it. CUI needs the higher Load Order too. It uses 10-20, so it clashes with CQUI. I put it at 200+.
I mistakenly thought load order was possible through a mod or through the mods list in Civ. How do you modify load order?
Alternate Policy Screen USES Better Report Screen... BRS is still useful by itself because of all the other screens, but for the civics, APS is way better because it let's you see the yields expected AND choose the civics at the same place
Separate names with a comma.