Combinatory casus belli

ilker

Chieftain
After watching tons of gameplay videos and the AI battle royale, I was quite worried about the (in)aggressiveness of the AI, however after playing the game myself for days, I realised the AI is quite good, and the difficulty settings are much better balanced than the previous installments (especially thank you for cutting down annoying and unfair handicaps for the player at Deity). I totally agree with the early aggressiveness and more calmer, grounded wars in modern eras. However still I find the AI not declaring necessary wars due to the enormous late game warmongering penalties.

Here I suggest a small addition that the allowance to combine different casus belli warmongering reductions if possible. I guess this will help the AI to start "necessary" wars in later eras and will be a decent addition. It is also realistic if you have more reasons to declare war to someone you declare more easier. What you guys think?

Sounds like a good idea to me! I was actually thinking that something along the same lines could help with the heavy warmongering penalty for late-game warring, though it was more just to simply make casus... bellum? (I think that's the plural of belli, could be wrong :confused:) have an even more reduced penalty than they currently have, so that surprise wars would still lead to chain denouncements/be avoided by the AI, but justified ones would occur whenever they were possible.

Seems reasonable, as you do get penalised a lot even for supposedly just wars.

casus... bellum? (I think that's the plural of belli, could be wrong :confused:)

Apparently the plural for casus belli ("case for war") is simply casus belli.

The plural of casus ("case") in the nominative is just casus, whereas belli is the genitive (i.e. "of war" rather than just "war").

Combining Casus Belli and evening out the warmonger penalty by era (by slightly increasing ancient and classical warmongering penalty) would make the early game slightly more peaceful and the late game slightly more violent. There are still wars being waged in 2016, why should a justified war in the information age be penalized so much as to become unviable?

Top Bottom