Combining mods

Chiyochan

King
I'm combining a mod called dynamic civs with the gods of old mod, now, I've gotten it to load with a few errors, specifically the units that spread religion where replaced with the defaults, now, I fixed most of the xml errors that popped up, but the game started crashing in the load screen before it could even start, and the worst thing is it wont tell me where the problem is, I know its throwing the error for unit infos, but I've scoured it and cant find anything wrong with it, with the exception of the extra units that load just fine in the base mod, nothing seems to be different so far as I can tell with my eyes.

The biggest issue I'm having is with logging enabled I get the message info type NONE not found constantly. It seems to happen in almost every xml file when mods load correctly, so I can only assume its there because fraxis thought it would be funny to leave a red herring. has anyone encountered errors like this when dealing with merging or the Unitinfos file? are there any pitfalls to avoid?

info type NONE not found annoys the hell out of me too, but afaik there is nothing that can be done about it.
I tried to delete all those lines and my log went from 6.7MB to 500KB....

You will see those lines in unmodded civ also.

You need to make sure the Schema files match the xml (maybe there is extra tags in Gods of Old)
Also make sure both unitinfo.xml and unitclassinfo.xml matches.

info type NONE not found annoys the hell out of me too, but afaik there is nothing that can be done about it.
I tried to delete all those lines and my log went from 6.7MB to 500KB....

You will see those lines in unmodded civ also.

You need to make sure the Schema files match the xml (maybe there is extra tags in Gods of Old)
Also make sure both unitinfo.xml and unitclassinfo.xml matches.
so far as i can tell GoO doesnt have any schema files but i'll try and double check

Top Bottom