come begging for mercy

neoaspilet11

Chieftain
i wonder how the ai calculates this. it is kinda true when i am in a middle of a war and two ais just suddenly DOWed me.

The main factors are:
- your reputation with the other AI civs: if it's horrible, they'll all team up at the worst possible time for you after denouncements.
- your army size: if it is small and engaging someone else, neighbouring AI's would take the opportunity to set back your progress.
- Forward settling: Just about 100% of the time I forward settle someone, they DOW me, so if you wish to remain peaceful, it's best not to do this.
- rapid expansion: your neighbours might be pissed that you got about 6-7 cities already, or something.

It's possible the civs that DOWed you got bribed, possibly by a third party. In a recent game Shaka and Atilla both DOWed me on the same turn but sent no units, signed a peace deal shortly after, and were friendly afterwards. Rome on the other hand denounced me whilst we had a DOF, I suspect Rome was the "third party".

It's possible the civs that DOWed you got bribed, possibly by a third party. In a recent game Shaka and Atilla both DOWed me on the same turn but sent no units, signed a peace deal shortly after, and were friendly afterwards. Rome on the other hand denounced me whilst we had a DOF, I suspect Rome was the "third party".

I don't think AI's actually bribe other civs to DoW others, like players. One AI could have talked about attacking you to another AI and that second AI agreed.

In that game I'd say the AI did as Attila was getting taken out by Austria and Shaka was on the other side of the continent. Both civs had no real reason(like the AI needs a reason). Shaka perhaps was asked, but Atilla I would say was bribed. Unless there is no code for the AI to bribe.
If you are asked to DOW in 10turns and agree you cant sign a peace deal until at least 10 turns of war have passed(seems to be longer in later eras). Civs you bribe sometimes sign peace deals quickly. Both peace deals were signed pretty quickly in this case, and they did the asking.

Top Bottom