1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[RD] Comey's "A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zkribbler, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Warlord

Azem.Ocram likes this.
  2. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Warlord

I read somewhere that Comey draws behavioral parallels between the Trump administration and organized crime.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, here it is, from The Washington Post

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  3. civvver

civvver Chieftain

So we should buy this book to tell us what we already know? Seems redundant.

Angst likes this.
  4. Azem.Ocram

Azem.Ocram Chieftain

I think the book is trying to change the mind of “moderate Republicans.” If they can be convinced that Trump is no good, then Trump’s impeachment next year will be more likely.

Angst likes this.
  5. HEF

HEF Chieftain

There are those inquiring minds who want to know the finer details of certain settings such as the interactions between the acting-president and Mr. Comey before he was abruptly terminated.

6. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...grity-questions-his-marriage-in-new-book.html

Meanwhile, Trump brags about firing Comey because of Hillary. Yet days after the firing, Trump admits to the press (and to the Russian ambassador) that he fired Comey because of the Russian investigation. The then divulges classified information to the Russians in the same meeting.

HEF likes this.
  7. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

:eek: NO WAY!!!

I hope he actually can reach some people. We cannot abandon hope that we can get our fellow Americans to wake up.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  8. HEF

HEF Chieftain

850,000 copies printed should be able to do it.

9. Perfection

Most of that is preaching to the choir

10. metalhead

metalhead Angry Bartender

Perhaps. But perhaps there are lots of Americans out there who don't follow things that closely who can be persuaded by someone who is a lifelong Republican and at least appears to be a very serious and sober individual.

I share doubts that one book alone can make any meaningful, broad change in public opinion, but every bit helps.

Angst, HEF and Perfection like this.
  11. Perfection

Boy do i hope so.

12. El_Machinae

This is the same guy who said "Lordy, I hope there are tapes" after Trump tried to threaten him with tapes being released haha.

Angst likes this.
  13. HEF

HEF Chieftain

Y'mean, like when the Feds conducted an official raid on the acting-president's personal lawyer residence and found recorded material which led to an official criminal investigation? :lol:

Angst likes this.
  14. El_Machinae

Hmmmm, it's backward. There's already an official investigation if a raid occured

15. HEF

HEF Chieftain

Are you paying attention?

The Cohen investigation just turned criminal.

16. El_Machinae

No. The raid would not have been conducted if it wasn't already in criminal investigation. How do you think they got the authority to conduct the raid?

17. Arwon

Arwon Show me your moves

God, the pisstape is very real, isn't it

Angst and Kaitzilla like this.
  18. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

The only thing that will lead to Trump's impeachment is a Democratic majority in the House. With a Democratic majority, he's impeached, period... impeachment proceedings will begin before the new Congress even sits down in their chairs. As long as there is a Republican majority in the House, he will NEVER be impeached and that's all there is to it.

Lexicus likes this.
  19. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

I admit that I did not have high expectations of this book, but I did not expoect to see the broad bipartisan rejection of it that has developed. The best take is probably the Federalist, which ran the story in the humor section. Does Jim Comey Write YA Fiction Or Romance Novels In His Spare Time? Atlantic says that Comey is no hero. CNN's take is that Comey was out to get Trump:

Whether or not you buy that line, what is without question is that Comey isn't pulling punches. He is aiming to tear the hide off Trump and expose what he views as a President who is unfit for the office. ​

Comey's a legend in his own mind, as if we needed another one.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/13/does-jim-comey-write-harlequin-romance-novels-in-his-spare-time/
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/04/james-comey/557981/
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/12/politics/james-comey-war-with-donald-trump-analysis/index.html

J

20. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Warlord

Whup! :eek2: If what Comey is saying s false or misleading, then it can be fairly said that Comey was out to get Trump. If on the other hand, if what Comey is saying is 100% accurate, then Trump is indeed unfit for the office and deserves to have his hide torn off.*