[RD] Comey's "A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership"

Zkribbler

Deity
I read somewhere that Comey draws behavioral parallels between the Trump administration and organized crime.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, here it is, from The Washington Post

The Washington Post said:
Interacting with Trump, Comey writes, gave him "flashbacks to my earlier career as a prosecutor against the Mob. The silent circle of assent. The boss in complete control. The loyalty oaths. The us-versus-them worldview. The lying about all things, large and small, in service to some code of loyalty that put the organization above morality and above the truth."

Last edited:
So we should buy this book to tell us what we already know? Seems redundant.

I think the book is trying to change the mind of “moderate Republicans.” If they can be convinced that Trump is no good, then Trump’s impeachment next year will be more likely.

There are those inquiring minds who want to know the finer details of certain settings such as the interactions between the acting-president and Mr. Comey before he was abruptly terminated.

After Clapper briefed the team on the intelligence community's findings of Russian election interference, Comey said he was taken aback by what the Trump team didn't ask.

"They were about to lead a country that had been attacked by a foreign adversary, yet they had no questions about what the future Russian threat might be," Comey wrote, according to The AP. Instead, he wrote, they launched into a strategy session about how to "spin what we'd just told them" for the public.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...grity-questions-his-marriage-in-new-book.html

Meanwhile, Trump brags about firing Comey because of Hillary. Yet days after the firing, Trump admits to the press (and to the Russian ambassador) that he fired Comey because of the Russian investigation. The then divulges classified information to the Russians in the same meeting.

Reactions: HEF
Ex-FBI Director Comey's tell-all is on sale April 17th. CNN has obtained a copy and says, "He [has]painted Trump as a relentless liar who is obsessively unethical, devoid of humanity and a slave to his ego, who is clueless about his job and unconcerned about a Russian assault on American democracy."
:eek: NO WAY!!!

I hope he actually can reach some people. We cannot abandon hope that we can get our fellow Americans to wake up.

Last edited:
Perhaps. But perhaps there are lots of Americans out there who don't follow things that closely who can be persuaded by someone who is a lifelong Republican and at least appears to be a very serious and sober individual.

I share doubts that one book alone can make any meaningful, broad change in public opinion, but every bit helps.

Perhaps. But perhaps there are lots of Americans out there who don't follow things that closely who can be persuaded by someone who is a lifelong Republican and at least appears to be a very serious and sober individual.

I share doubts that one book alone can make any meaningful, broad change in public opinion, but every bit helps.
Boy do i hope so.

This is the same guy who said "Lordy, I hope there are tapes" after Trump tried to threaten him with tapes being released haha.

This is the same guy who said "Lordy, I hope there are tapes" after Trump tried to threaten him with tapes being released haha.

Y'mean, like when the Feds conducted an official raid on the acting-president's personal lawyer residence and found recorded material which led to an official criminal investigation? :lol:

No. The raid would not have been conducted if it wasn't already in criminal investigation. How do you think they got the authority to conduct the raid?

God, the pisstape is very real, isn't it

I think the book is trying to change the mind of “moderate Republicans.” If they can be convinced that Trump is no good, then Trump’s impeachment next year will be more likely.
The only thing that will lead to Trump's impeachment is a Democratic majority in the House. With a Democratic majority, he's impeached, period... impeachment proceedings will begin before the new Congress even sits down in their chairs. As long as there is a Republican majority in the House, he will NEVER be impeached and that's all there is to it.

I admit that I did not have high expectations of this book, but I did not expoect to see the broad bipartisan rejection of it that has developed. The best take is probably the Federalist, which ran the story in the humor section. Does Jim Comey Write YA Fiction Or Romance Novels In His Spare Time? Atlantic says that Comey is no hero. CNN's take is that Comey was out to get Trump:

Whether or not you buy that line, what is without question is that Comey isn't pulling punches. He is aiming to tear the hide off Trump and expose what he views as a President who is unfit for the office.​

Comey's a legend in his own mind, as if we needed another one.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/13/does-jim-comey-write-harlequin-romance-novels-in-his-spare-time/
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/04/james-comey/557981/
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/12/politics/james-comey-war-with-donald-trump-analysis/index.html

J

CNN's take is that Comey was out to get Trump:
Whether or not you buy that line, what is without question is that Comey isn't pulling punches. He is aiming to tear the hide off Trump and expose what he views as a President who is unfit for the office.​

Whup! :eek2: If what Comey is saying s false or misleading, then it can be fairly said that Comey was out to get Trump. If on the other hand, if what Comey is saying is 100% accurate, then Trump is indeed unfit for the office and deserves to have his hide torn off.*

Top Bottom