Comfort Zone & Paycheques

Sashie VII

Balance of Power
I believe everyone has a particular civ or two that is naturally comfortable to play as, in that the player generally is more at ease, has better confidence and plays better than usual (if ever so slightly). Sometimes, it is the particular civ that is trusted and called upon when jumping up a level.

So what's your comfort-civ?

Personally, I find China and maybe Babylon fit my playing style(s) perfectly at the moment.

I'm most comfortable with two of my favourite civs, Greece and Hatti, although more so with Greece.

One civ who I (for reasons unknown) don't seem to "mesh" well with is the Iroquois. For all purposes, I should get along with them great, but for some reason I don't...

EDIT:
Need I say mine?
It's Rome, isn't it?!

I definitely go with the germans, though I also do well with the Ottomans and Russians. I also occasionally do the Greeks, though that's mostly just because I like greece. Never the Aztecs, though-their UU sucks.

I still consider France my "Safe bet". It took me a long time to come around to them (in my Vanilla days) but a few wiser heads here convinced me they were worth a try at Regent so I played several games with them and got really used to making them work well.

I am sorely tempted to try at least 3 games with them at regent before I try another assault on "all the civs".

my fav civs are the Indians, Greeks, and Russians. but whoever i am, i never hesitate to nuke everyone
:nuke::nuke::nuke::run::run::run::nuke::nuke:

me = :woohoo:

Mine is Carthague too.

I went through regent with them and got really fond of their racial traits and unique units. Numidians rule the early ancient age!! And when I move to Emperor, maybe I'll take my numidian army with me.
I play currently at monarch and took me awhile to finally let the numidian hand go and try other civs... regular spearmen feel pathetic!!! :cry: Now I do well with most other civs, but secretly :hide: I'm always hoping at the beginning of a game to read "Hannnibal, your people are..."

I wonder why weren't war elephants the carthaginian unique unit? Besides threatening Rome, crossing the Alps with elephants was what made Hannibal known, and that's one of the things people first thinks of when they mention Hannibal.

My two were kindof at odds with each other in RL...I'm always sorely tempted by Alexander and the Immortals.

My two were kindof at odds with each other in RL...I'm always sorely tempted by Alexander and the Immortals.

it would be nice to have hoplites at home and immortals in the field. the perfect Civ :goodjob:

Mine is Carthague too.

I went through regent with them and got really fond of their racial traits and unique units. Numidians rule the early ancient age!! And when I move to Emperor, maybe I'll take my numidian army with me.
I play currently at monarch and took me awhile to finally let the numidian hand go and try other civs... regular spearmen feel pathetic!!! :cry: Now I do well with most other civs, but secretly :hide: I'm always hoping at the beginning of a game to read "Hannnibal, your people are..."

I wonder why weren't war elephants the carthaginian unique unit? Besides threatening Rome, crossing the Alps with elephants was what made Hannibal known, and that's one of the things people first thinks of when they mention Hannibal.

I think it was to balance out the game. There were already a ton of UU replacing the knight and the Carthagian war elephant would have been another. However, I don't see why Indian could not have had Buddist Monks as a UU and Carthage with the war elepahants...

I think it was to balance out the game. There were already a ton of UU replacing the knight and the Carthagian war elephant would have been another. However, I don't see why Indian could not have had Buddist Monks as a UU and Carthage with the war elepahants...
Before the introduction of Carthage there were only three Knight replacing UU's: Rider, Samurai and War Elephant, the others - Keshik and Ansar - came at the same time as Carthage. But perhaps the fact that there was already an elephant unit was enough to go with the Numidian Mercenary.
If Firaxis would have gone for an elephant unit for Carthage, it wouldn't have necessarily replaced the Knight, instead they could have gone for a 2-2-2 horseman unit or so - the Hittites were not yet in the game.

My comfort civ would have to start with Alphabet, and I would probably pick Portugal or Hittites.

Top Bottom