Coming soon to a theatre...''The FFH2 Movie''

hexagonian

of the realm of Hexagonia
...and here is a trailer. :)

(The blends are pixelated to get the file to fit in the 10MB limitation - the actual high-quality filesize is about 55MB)

Requires RadVideo to view (...it's in bik format)

Kael now have access to the finalized version of this video. He is free to work it into the game in some format.

Enjoy!!!

This is v4 (dated 05/21/07). It now includes the musictrack...
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/10966/ffh2_splash_v4.zip

Thank salaminizer for the rad link. In Yahoo your original result was number 8 when I searched. :eek:

Awesome soundtrack for that! What's the name of the track? I especially liked the volume and motif climax when the text on good and evil civs appeared.

How did you get all the pictures of the leaders into all those different shots btw?

Posted publically just so others can offer feedback as well (let me know if you prefer PM's hex).

I like it alot, the screens I didnt think were done as well were the leader compilations. The art style on the leaders is so different from each other that having them merged into one picture doesn't look right. Maybe have the leader pictures in seperate frames.

I would skip the spider text anf pic, its a lot of time for a minor mechanic.

1. The Age of Ice has ended,
- perfect, I love the slide and transition here

2. What of left of the empires of Erebus have formed into small tribes ready to rebuild and retake that which was lost.
- They need some fade here showing an advancing society. Ideally they would be in game screenshots of a new city in the wilderness, with a raw mana nearby. Then fade to a more advanced version of the city with some worked plots around it. Then fade to an advanced version of the same city full of buildings and wonders and with an improved version of the mana node.

3. But the world is not empty.
- No fade here is fine, breaks up the pattern which is good.

4. Hordes of barbarians, and darker creatures, await these new civilizations.
- I love the Jonus picture. It would be good to get some skeletons in the background, maybe a spider

5. There is great evil...
- Evil leader pics as seperate frames appearing around the words. Then all the pictures fade to grey as Hyborems picuture (full color) fades in

6. and selfless good
- Good leaders as seperate frames appearing around the words.

7. The first goal is survival
- Screenshot of barbarian hordes approaching a few human units

8. The second goal is power, for good or ill
- Split picture of powerful units, an angel and a balor (maybe a screenshot or those units put into a more crafted screen)

9. Will you pursue power through strength of arms or arcane studies, through piety or blasphemy?
- Pictures of an archmage, eater of dreams, paladin and a lich

10. On each path you will meet allies, and bitter foes, and the deeper you delve into the secrets of combat, or sorcery, or the divine, the harder it will be to turn back
- Hell picture covered with flames and demonic creatures

11. Choose carefully
- No picture here to break the pattern

12. Fall from Heaven II
- I LOVE this end screen, its awesome!

<blinks in awe>

Ok - this firms my thoughts on the matter. This...world, Kael is becoming franchiseable.

I must reread all your literature on the world. For I see 3 things in the future of Fall from heaven, and most certainly by the time Fall from heaven III comes out.

They are:

Multiplication of media.

Videos like this one are spectacular. I've seen two now, one on gameplay one in cinematics. I love both. Eventually I foresee the ability to start melding the two together. The rich tapestry and emersion continuously into this world is being given new and vibrant life through the community - and will likely grow.

Novella
Those of us with a penchant for words, must discuss with you how to thicken stories. I suggest that fiction begin to be written with the full intent of being placed throughout the game itself. Stories, but for us and the game. (Phase Ice perhaps?) To find a book in the game would offer one the chance to read it, and the community could contribute even more.

Finally, I see the creation of the game itself independant from the Civ Platforms. It'd still be an empire-building strategy game. But the eventual outcome of all this fantastic work, to me, is some company going "yes please" and throwing some programers at you to do the dev teams bidding. Also, art from many sources (there are many out there who would jump at the opportunity to submit art that would get exposure on a grander scale) would flow in.

Essentially Kael and friends. I think we are witnessing the birth of a Myth. I am simply awed.

Fanboy Containment Sheilding:
Spoiler :

I want an FFH MOVIE
I want FFH novels!
I WANT FFH roleplaying systems!
I want FFH first person adventures!
I want FFH MUSIC! Their Own composers!
I want this to become unto universes like starwars, LOTR, etc.
This video gave me shivers - as though I was about to enter a world with an unfolding story, intensely rich depth, cunning plot, even more cunning strategy.
There should be a general call for art. Landscapes, Music, Portraits, and epic scenes (of our heros and leaders in situations.) I want to see and hear more than merely the god's point of view in the game! I want to be there, on the ground hearing the sounds and feeling the emotions and sights drift through me.

Clearly this community has people who can accomplish this, the ...Vision, is
What I've always wanted in a game.
If this is done, my abstinence from games would swiftly meet its end. (Yes, I'm still not actually playing.)

-Qes

it doesnt work with me :( when i try to open the file the program just crashes before it even opens.

Wow.

*Rushes off to play FFH*

Qes:

I've actually given some thought to an NWN campaign set in Erebus. Then again; I've given "some thought" to a lot of things without ever getting around to them. Point is; this setting is indeed sufficiently inspiring to become much more than a CivIV mod.

This is wonderful! I can't wait to see a new version with Kael's suggestions (and any others might appear here). My tiny little comment would be that text #2 is rather long. Other than that, everything is great.

Kael said:
12. Fall from Heaven II
- I LOVE this end screen, its awesome!
QFE! Awesome!

Miloe said:
it doesnt work with me :( when i try to open the file the program just crashes before it even opens.

It happened to me too when I tried with the version of RADplayer linked above. I uninstalled it and tried an older version I had and it worked fine.

actually it works if you go to the official radgametools side (google it) and use the only version which is there for download.

Cool Vid, Hexagonian, what about including some more in game stuff?

Loved the music :)

Posted publically just so others can offer feedback as well (let me know if you prefer PM's hex).
Check your PM...but we can keep it public too...It's a community-wide project anyhow. Remember though...too many cooks spoil the soup. :lol:

I like it alot, the screens I didnt think were done as well were the leader compilations. The art style on the leaders is so different from each other that having them merged into one picture doesn't look right. Maybe have the leader pictures in seperate frames.
That'll work but it may be better to highlight several leaders instead of everyone - after all, there are quite a lot of them.

I would skip the spider text anf pic, its a lot of time for a minor mechanic.
That image can be wrapped into the revised #4 text

8. The second goal is power, for good or ill
- Split picture of powerful units, an angel and a balor (maybe a screenshot or those units put into a more crafted screen)
I'll need some pics for this if you have them.

Pictures of an archmage, eater of dreams, paladin and a lich
Same here, I'll need some pics if you have them

Hell picture covered with flames and demonic creatures
I think I can wing this one... :lol:

Awesome soundtrack for that! What's the name of the track?
I'll let you try to figure that out. I'm sure someone can nail it down. ;)

and I did have to reveal this from QES's spoiler post...
This video gave me shivers - as though I was about to enter a world with an unfolding story, intensely rich depth, cunning plot, even more cunning strategy.
Thanks for that comment.
...which was the intent of this. I play video games to create stories, not necessarily to win. It's all about atmosphere.

I invite everyone here to download RadTools and watch this.

Hex

Top Bottom