• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Community Call to Power Project

Quick question, everytime i get to mid-game or late-game my game crashes during my turn. Its infuriating, because theres no work around it, unless i play in strategic mode, which is no where near as fun.

I've played with all the gfx settings (plus my computer is MORE than capable to handle the game) so I dont think its that.

I haven't finished one game because of it.

Any any help would be great!!!

PS Im not using the epic speed mod.

Vanilla or with Epic Speed mod?

With epic speed mod, although I'm playing marathon speed.
Also in my current game there are no oil resources at sea after the discovery of "offshore platform" Which I presume should reveal them?

Also in my current game: AI has built procelain tower, which has never been available to me. Which I suppose it shouldn't be with the removal of research agreements.
"Military academy" is listed as a prerequisite in the description of "arsenal", but it isn't...

With epic speed mod, although I'm playing marathon speed.

Well Marathon will break alot of things, Play on Epic, its why its called Epic Speed Mod :)

Also in my current game there are no oil resources at sea after the discovery of "offshore platform" Which I presume should reveal them?

Yes and No, If your using MoreMapTypes then it should, if your not then it wont. If you are using MoreMapTypes and gettign this issue I'll look into it.

Also in my current game: AI has built procelain tower, which has never been available to me. Which I suppose it shouldn't be with the removal of research agreements.
"Military academy" is listed as a prerequisite in the description of "arsenal", but it isn't...

With Epic Speed Mod, 90% of wonders are either Civ Specific wonders or Terrain Specific wonders(Still undergoing balancing). Alot of the Original Text has yet to be changed to reflect the changes, this is somthing that Decimatus(the original author) had put off till everything he intended to add to the mod was added, then he took an extended break from moddign and the community took up his project, as well as you can see some stuff has been overlooked or put off for more important stuff.

Updated the 1's System, some text fixes, corrected center city tile yield and clearing forest/jungle, adjusted gold down a bit, 10% added maintenance to Units/Buildings.

is anyone experiencing what im going through at all??? or is it just me??

that is crashing mid-game / late-game during my turn when shifting perspectives from one unit to another

@ holyhell Any chance of some logs? Are you using any other mods? Have you tried clearing cache? What Civ DX are you running? Patched upto date?

Just built the national park service wonder and it added 20% policy cost instead of subtracting :)

@ holyhell Any chance of some logs? Are you using any other mods? Have you tried clearing cache? What Civ DX are you running? Patched upto date?

Here are two logs of the crash occurring. Each time its the same, when its about mid game and its during my turn whilst doing things.

I have tried clearing the cache, plus I'm using DX11. Playing with DX9 makes no difference what-so-ever, same crash occurs in the same manner. Also I'm not playing with any other mods.

Further, the game is patched to the latest version!

Any help would be GREAT as I have some great games that I just can't finish because of this :(

Attachments

• lua.txt
    27.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Lua1.txt
    367 bytes · Views: 66
[1153713.740] Runtime Error: [string "Assets/UI/Civilopedia/CivilopediaScreen.lua"]:1198: attempt to index local 'freePolicy' (a nil value)
[1153713.740] Runtime Error: Error loading Assets/UI/Civilopedia/CivilopediaScreen.lua.

Not sure if this would cause a crash, but its definatly an issue. And I cant see CivilopediaScreen.lua in CCTP anywhere, maybe you have a corrupt file or somthing look here.

Chrome-rome and Horem, some feedback after playing CCTP with Horem's epic speed mod. Been playing as the Dutch (Lord Alderaan's civ), Epic speed mod with multiplication factor x5, on a PerfectWorld rendered earth and on Prince level.

- I find it too easy to construct Wonders. Either the AI has no clue or pure bad luck with starting locations but I believe Civ favours the AI. When I entered the industrial era I had 29 Wonders, France was 2nd with 3. Also, I completed the Oracle in 4 turns halfway in the indyutrial era.

- Resources are spread nicely. Copper and poopies are scarce on my map though. Is that intentionally or totally randsom?

- Civil Engineers are nice! And they can be even nicer if they could dig tunnels through mountains, like the Tunnel Boring Machine mod I'm also playing with.

- Something I always wondered is the promotion for submarines against land units: as if they ever can attack them :)! Of course it's different when they are embarked. And what I somewhat find missing with paratroopers is that you cannot let he engage in a battle straight after paradropping.

- The Utopia project is easily reached, I'm done choosing policies now but have yet to discover the technology to start it.

- I find it annoying that I cannot select mutliple techs to research in a row when it are different technology branches. I wouldn't mind if you went back to the traditional tech tree.

- Great Scientists are a waste product now they can't be used to get a free tech. I agree they are too powerful but what if you turn them into a GP that contributes a fixed amount of beakers rather than an entire technology? Much like a Great Engineer seems to do, or doesn't it?

- I noticed France is very fond of Artillery. I counted about 30 of them and still it was the richest nation (until I wiped them off the map for declaring war on me). Not sure this depends on CCTP though.

- Auto and Aircraft plants and Industrial Shipyards are "wonders". Advanced Aircaft plants aren't, and I think the latter is correct.

- The late game is very time-demanding: it takes ages for buildings to construct as they cost too many shields. That quite takes away the fun to play.

- I find it too easy to construct Wonders. Either the AI has no clue or pure bad luck with starting locations but I believe Civ favours the AI. When I entered the industrial era I had 29 Wonders, France was 2nd with 3. Also, I completed the Oracle in 4 turns halfway in the indyutrial era.

What version of Epic Speed mod? v14 Current.

- Resources are spread nicely. Copper and poopies are scarce on my map though. Is that intentionally or totally randsom?

Bit of both :)

- The Utopia project is easily reached, I'm done choosing policies now but have yet to discover the technology to start it.

Utopia Project is disabled I think.

- Great Scientists are a waste product now they can't be used to get a free tech. I agree they are too powerful but what if you turn them into a GP that contributes a fixed amount of beakers rather than an entire technology? Much like a Great Engineer seems to do, or doesn't it

I do not think they are a waste product, if abused thier improvment can still be very OP.

- The late game is very time-demanding: it takes ages for buildings to construct as they cost too many shields. That quite takes away the fun to play.

How many turns per building/unit/research/policies? About when does it get to be more of a chore than fun?

V12 to be precize, Horem.

And abou time consuming: late industrial is where it goes "wrong": 16 turns for a rocket artillery in a city with >3.000 shields per turn. and close to 30 turns for an advanced aircraft factory.

V12 to be precize, Horem.
What Civ were you playing?

And abou time consuming: late industrial is where it goes "wrong": 16 turns for a rocket artillery in a city with >3.000 shields per turn. and close to 30 turns for an advanced aircraft factory.

That can be adressed.

As I said, the Dutch. They are an additional civ I downloaded. The only problem with it is the "cheap" unique building (doesn't cost x5).

What I forgot to mention is that I really like the mod. The pacing allows for a better feeling of the early eras and the technologies have been well considerated.

The government ideologies -> nationalism -> jingoism which is supposed to give 75 hammers for every military academy, doesn't seem to be working.

As I said, the Dutch. They are an additional civ I downloaded. The only problem with it is the "cheap" unique building (doesn't cost x5).

That would be why you had so many wonders then :), since most wonders in Epic speed mod are now civ based. And since a custom Civ isnt on the list, they get access to all wonders.

The government ideologies -> nationalism -> jingoism which is supposed to give 75 hammers for every military academy, doesn't seem to be working.

What Version? Theres, Vanilla(Fireforevers version on fist page) or EpicSpeedMod or 1's System, or EPic speed and 1's system :)

But doesn't that defy the "spirit" of the game, Horem? You start of on a journey to conquer the world, by whatever means. You therefor have the possibility to construct Wonders as you discover technologies, just like other nations.

With your epic approach you seem to be stirpping some nations from possible benefits. I mean, if you decide to play as Greenland do you deny them to build an army ;)?

But doesn't that defy the "spirit" of the game, Horem? You start of on a journey to conquer the world, by whatever means. You therefor have the possibility to construct Wonders as you discover technologies, just like other nations.

I can see you point, but then I dislike the way any civ can build any wonder it just doesnt fit having some random civ build the Great Pyrimids for example. Not in my head anyways. And I feel with a bit of a mess around with these Native Wonders it could make civ more enjoyable to play, give ea civ a distinctive feel/way of play. Also I should have been specific take a look here.

That link explains a lot :). And it remembers me of another thing I disliked: terrain requirements like a river and the presence of a palace. I'm OK with either one alone but not combined. As you can guess I found my capital without a river present ;) (and I refuse to relocate).

Isn't it possible to come up with National Wonders that require specific civilization traits Those can give a bonus that is unique to that civilization and doesn't touch "real" World Wonders. Just my two cents.

Top Bottom