Community Enhancement Pack

J-boy

Chieftain
Civ III CEP version 0.5

This pack will enhance the look, feel and playability of Civ III. All work done by members of the community. There is no new content here. Only a bundle of the very best enhancements done by some folks way more talented and dedicated than I. Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

origin

The high quality of Civ3 mods and vast quantity of minor enhancements are what convinced me to shell out the 20 bucks to get Civilization III: Complete, but when I started to look at what's available, it hit me how exhausting the whole act of researching and filing these items was. I thought it would be cool to assemble what I think is the very best output from the community, in a neat and tidy pack, ready to deploy. Evidently, many will not agree with the choices I have made, but I hope to have been fair during my personal selection process.

If any author objects to the use of their work in this compilation, please contact me asap so that I can make the necessary corrections.

requirements

Civilization III: Conquests version 1.22

content

Patch Suggestion MOD - lite 2.10
by player1 fanatic

Conquests Unofficial Data Patch, third draft
by player1 fanatic

Confirm Check
by Rhye

Rhye's New Team Colours v1.1
by Rhye

Ancient Greek-Roman User Interface Mod 1.0
by Bebro

New Era Splashes
by Bebro

New Wonder Splashes
by Pounder

Air and Harbor Markers
by Pounder

Turns Left Display Alternate
by Pounder

Barbarian Fix
by watorrey

Civ Usability Pack 1.0
by Il Mafioso

Population Heads with Tiny Mood Badges
by EvanCiv

New Tech Boxes
by aaglo

Victorian Stamps Advisor Screens
by Rufus T. Firefly

New Random Leader Avatar
by sebsage

Orange Civ Color Palette Fix
by Weasel Op

ARES Terrain Pack 1.0
compiled by Ares de Borg
artwork by Arne, Hikaro Takayama, Joker, Pounder, the RFRE Mod,
Rhye, Snoopy, Taé Shala, Winter, Womoks, and others.

Technology Icons Compilation
compiled by Yoda Power
artwork by Bebro, Kal-el, Sween32, GIDustin, Neomega, Nemesis Rex, Ukas, Drift, LBPB

Snoopy's complete citymod with Kettyo's additions
by Sn00py & Kettyo

homepage

coming soon

DOWNLOAD

version log

simpler zip archive, added a few files (such as missing internet wonder splash)

minor bug correction

initial release

WARNING
Please back up the following files and folders before proceeding with installation:

<Civilization III main directory>\Conquests\Art (except for "Art\Flics" and "Art\Movies")

You can use the backup archives from the Conquests Unofficial Data Patch Project's thread, if you think it's simpler, or else you will need to backup its files by hand if you don't want to make the jump to it permanently.

Make sure you uncompress INSIDE your main Civilization III folder. Mine is located under "Program Files\Firaxis"

I have decided to abort my initial plans for an advanced installer, since it's too much trouble for its own good. I'm not much of a programmer/scripter and I don't want to bother with the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System. Nevertheless, if a brave soul wanted to work on this, it would sure be nice to have an installer that auto-detects the Civ3 installation, offers a customization option, and takes care of backups. Not that I'm unhappy with the situation. On the contrary, it's fine as it is, and works very well. Just make sure you choose the right folder, and, as always, make you backups.

The bundle is thus now organized in a simple zip file.

Mybe add that metal pak. I dunno it looks like a good thing here. New atleast. Nobodys ever grouped all the individual upgrades to improve original format before. Cheers to you

Hey, thanks! Nice to see that the first reply is a positive one. I'm not too hot about the metal look, but if there is a strong demand for it, I should probably develop the installer to accomodate it as an option.

There's a stupid bug with the Ancient Interface, where TileInfo.pcx, located in the Art folder, simply refuses to display in-game.

I've personally replaces the file with its original version for my game, but I really wonder what the heck is wrong with it. :confused:

Good news, I've tweaked the TileInfo.pcx file so that it will now display properly in C3C.

TileInfo.pcx

Just place it in Conquests/Art

I'll add it to the pack in a future release.

update: corrected transparency problem

Attachments

• TileInfo.pcx
    39.2 KB · Views: 315
Top Bottom