• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Community Patch for BNW

So if V1 al this stuff included:

Current Tasks:
Settler site selection biases (strategic value, yield value, etc.) (v1)
Starting settlers will move to nearby sites if they are better than the starting site. (v1)
Settlers trained to hunt for strategic choke-points, both for water and impassable terrain. (v1)
Naval invasions and AI military strategy performance (v1)
Variable value goods/trades with AI based on friendship, quantity, proximity and happiness (v1)
Additional variables for building/unit production (NoWater, etc.), as well as beliefs and policies (v1)
AI tactical performance improvements (v1)
AI movement and embarkation logic improved (v1)
Science Overflow Exploit fixed (v1)
Minor Civ war exploits eliminated (v1)
AI better able to target cities for assault (v1)
Flavors and weights for AI military production, size, and behavior optimized (v1)
AI naval quantity and performance improved (v1)
Fix for Krakatoa offshore problem (v1)
AI evaluation of player targets for war and player strength criteria modified (v1)

Current Tasks:
Modifiable Great Work yields (v1)
Additional granularity to AI difficulty (CSD)
Spies scale with map-size (v1)
Additional spy names (for scaling purposes) (v1)
Fix diacritics for existing spies (v1)

but still being tweaked and tested? like if i used this i should get better ai performance etc?

Well I'm back ;-) and I have a quick question - how to make whoward's small mods, this new dll beauty and CSD work together, as right now I can't seem to build anything. I've got the borg without dll, CSD without dll and the beauty with dll and everything seems to be working, but when I create a city it can't build anything.

Using EUI? If so, delete the CityView.lua from CSD's Assets folder.
G

Edit:

but still being tweaked and tested? like if i used this i should get better ai performance etc?

Yep - tweaks are smaller-scale right now, but the current build is pretty solid.

G

Edit:

Yep - tweaks are smaller-scale right now, but the current build is pretty solid.

in your opinion does it provide better challenge than smart ai?

in your opinion does it provide better challenge than smart ai?

Yes, very much so. I'll say it again - Smart AI is not as 'smart' as the mod claims that it is - what Whoward and I have done is much, much more stable, and functional, than the Smart AI mod.

G

i have to give you guys huge props. 1st game in and wow. the ai is bananas compared to smart ai. i feel like i need to use "" now for smart ai.

brilliant job guys. brilliant.

When you will have Final Version you should
1) post it on Steam Workshop
2) post it on Main Page (recommended mods)
3) advertise it in the Internet

Come on, weak AI has been the greatest source of complains in Civ5 ;)

i have to give you guys huge props. 1st game in and wow. the ai is bananas compared to smart ai. i feel like i need to use "" now for smart ai.

brilliant job guys. brilliant.

bananas? Is that a good thing? When I think "bananas" I imagine an insane AI, burning down its plantations and denouncing everyone.
G

I installed the mod, but the game won't load. It's loading for a while, and then takes me back to desktop. I put all folders/files into expansion2 folder, and replaced the dll file. Any ideas?

I installed the mod, but the game won't load. It's loading for a while, and then takes me back to desktop. I put all folders/files into expansion2 folder, and replaced the dll file. Any ideas?

replaced the dll? You don't need to replace any dlls - just delete the dlls from all other folders except for the Community Patch DLL.
G

replaced the dll? You don't need to replace any dlls - just delete the dlls from all other folders except for the Community Patch DLL.
G

I downloaded community patch (v1) rar, and extracted all files into Expansion2 folder. There is a CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll inside, and windows asked me to overwrite it. I did so. It seems I have no idea how to install it.

G

Not using EUI, should I? ;-) I just got Community Patch, Whowards Borg (-dll) and CSD (-dll) and few other mods from whowards list + Advanced Setup Screen (the thingy for playing hotseat with mods). Without Whowards Borg folder his mods list as "missing dependancies" and I still can't get it to work.

Not using EUI, should I? ;-) I just got Community Patch, Whowards Borg (-dll) and CSD (-dll) and few other mods. Without Whowards Borg folder his mods list as "missing dependancies" and I still can't get it to work.

What's your install process? You should not mess with the Community Patch folder. Delete the dll files from all other mods except for CP. It should work.
G

What's your install process? You should not mess with the Community Patch folder. Delete the dll files from all other mods except for CP. It should work.
G
Well I wouldn't ask for help if it did ;-] I had Advanced Setup Screen, Whoward's Borg and CSD (-dll) already, along with a couple of whoward's mods. I added a few additional whoward's mods, Community Patch, got rid of the Borg dll and voila, everything works but I can't build anything - the build prop does come up, I can enter city screen (though the right side is messy) and clicking on "choose production" does nothing. In addition to this, there are no hover-tooltips present.

Edit: I also turned off some parts of the test stuff in options, and that's about it.

Here's how it looks.

Well I wouldn't ask for help if it did ;-] I had Advanced Setup Screen, Whoward's Borg and CSD (-dll) already, along with a couple of whoward's mods. I added a few additional whoward's mods, Community Patch, got rid of the Borg dll and voila, everything works but I can't build anything - the build prop does come up, I can enter city screen (though the right side is messy) and clicking on "choose production" does nothing. In addition to this, there are no hover-tooltips present.

Here's how it looks.

One of the mods you are using, aside from CSD, is modifying the CityView.lua file. That's what is causing it. As far as which mod is causing it, I'm not sure. Search the mod folders for that file, and let me know where you find the other one.

Also, make sure your CSD has that file (it is in the assets folder) - if not, this will happen.

The joys of LUA,
G

I have many (40+) mods in my mod folder.

I installed this mod and emptied my cache folder.
In game, enabling only this mod, then clicking Next, I get the popup "Configuring game data... please wait", then crash to desktop.

The same thing also occurs when this is the only mod in the mod folder (cache was cleared too).

Any logs you need to diagnose this?

Unfortunately, when I activate the mod in the game menu and click Next button, the game crashes. I have no other mods installed - the game is fresh installed.

I strongly recommend that you also download the Combined DLL mod from Whoward (look in the ModPacks forum), and delete the DLLs from the mods he instructs you to download. The Community Patch is, in its working version, fairly reliant on the Combined DLL mod for stability. In the meantime, I want to remind everyone that we haven't reached v1 yet (officially). I'm still working on bugs and errors, and new versions are being posted regularly, so early crashes like this are expected.

G

Edit: please post your log here if your game is crashing while loading. Thanks!

Top Bottom