• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Community Patch for BNW

OK, I installed the combined patch dll - it loads the game and the mods now, but I can't build anything in the city.

The only CityView.lua can be found in:

My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 23)\Assets\UI\InGame

Not sure if deleting it would help.

OK, I installed the combined patch dll - it loads the game and the mods now, but I can't build anything in the city.

The only CityView.lua can be found in:

My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 23)\Assets\UI\InGame

Not sure if deleting it would help.

You need that file. What other mods are you using? If any other mods have the cityview.lua file, that will cause this problem.
G

Suggestion for Version 2: Let the AI recognise and consider city health and troop proximity when negotiating peace deals.

One of the problems with war against the AI at the moment is that it will do bad peace deals when it either a) has lots of troops near your city and has a possibility of taking it, or b) will give you a city even though your troops are no where near to its cities.

I am assuming that all the AI is taking into consideration is the relative army strengths, so when you take out enough of its troops, no matter what the situation is, it will give a peace deal. I have had situations where one of my cities is surrounded by troops and on zero health, but because I killed just enough units before asking for a peace deal, the AI accepted. It is also possible to declare war, then just sat back and kill enemy troops as they come to you. When your army strength hits a certain point above the AI, it will give you a city.

There is already a mechanic in the game to assess troop proximity, which is used by city states to calculate whether they will give tribute. Hopefully this code could be used in some way, along with city health, to improve the AI negotiations.

Looking forward to testing Version 1, and will give feedback when I do.

You need that file. What other mods are you using? If any other mods have the cityview.lua file, that will cause this problem.
G

I am using only:

"DLL - Various Mod Components" (v51)
"Civ IV Diplomacy Features" (v10.03)
"Diplomacy - CivIV Features" (v 1)
"City-State Diplomacy" (v23)
"Diplomacy - City States" (v 4)
"Community Patch (V1)

Basically, disabling City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD), brings back the production windows.

I am using only:

"Community Patch (V1)

And, to be clear, you deleted the DLLs from

"Civ IV Diplomacy Features" (v10.03) and

, yes?
G

And, to be clear, you deleted the DLLs from

"Civ IV Diplomacy Features" (v10.03) and

, yes?
G

Yes, all of them, except Community Patch DLL. I disabled CSD and the windows are back.

On another note, the DLL and mod files for the Community Patch are now hosted on GitHub. Here's the link: https://github.com/LoneGazebo

Collaboration permissions will be decided later, however, for now, I'm going to leave the DLL is read-only. Once v1 is fully out, we can move on from there.

I've also uploaded a new version of the Community Patch with a bundle of new features, most of which are behind-the-scenes or optional (i.e. new trait options). More on this later. The link on the first page will take you to the new version.

Cheers,
G

hi all,

this mod sounds very interesting, i just tried it, but i get a crash as soon as i try to start a game. no other mods are active. as far as i see, the only hint of something going wrong is in database.log:

Spoiler :

[968058.012] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[968058.012] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[968059.447] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[968059.447] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[968062.287] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[968062.287] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[968062.973] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[968067.575] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[968067.575] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[968067.575] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[968068.105] Invalid Reference on Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean.CivilizationType - "CIVILIZATION_KOREA" does not exist in Civilizations
[968068.683] Invalid Reference on Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[968068.683] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[968068.683] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[968069.619] Failure to check references for foreign key Units(PolicyType).
[968069.619] no such table: PolicyTypes
[968069.619] Failed Validation.
[968070.196]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 6169104 69435392
PageCache: 6 12
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 5754168 61035576
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 262144
PageCache: 1172
Scratch: 6640

Prepared Statements:
Current: 6
------------------------------
[968070.227] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[968070.243] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[968070.243] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[968070.757] Invalid Reference on Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean.CivilizationType - "CIVILIZATION_KOREA" does not exist in Civilizations
[968071.335] Invalid Reference on Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[968071.335] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[968071.335] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[968072.271] Failure to check references for foreign key Units(PolicyType).
[968072.271] no such table: PolicyTypes
[968072.271] Failed Validation.
[968072.863]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 6170280 69435392
PageCache: 6 12
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 5755344 61035576
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 262144
PageCache: 1172
Scratch: 6640

Prepared Statements:
Current: 6
------------------------------
[968123.080] no such table: CustomModOptions
[968123.080] In Query - insert into CustomModOptions('Class', 'Name', 'Value') values (?, ?, ?);
[968123.080] In XMLSerializer while updating table CustomModOptions from file Core Files/BaseModValues.xml.
[968123.080] no such table: CustomModOptions
[968123.080] In Query - UPDATE CustomModOptions SET "Value" = ? WHERE "Name" = ?;
[968123.080] Database::XMLSerializer (CoreModOptions.xml): There was an error executing the update statement! See Database.log for details.
[968123.080] In XMLSerializer while updating table CustomModOptions from file CoreModOptions.xml.
[968123.158] near "EXISTS": syntax error
[968123.174] no such table: Unit_BuildOnFound
[968123.174] In Query - insert into Unit_BuildOnFound('UnitType', 'BuildingClassType') values (?, ?);
[968123.174] In XMLSerializer while updating table Unit_BuildOnFound from file Test Files/FreeCSDSettlerBuildings.xml.
[968124.281] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[968124.281] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[968124.281] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[968124.843] Invalid Reference on Civilization_SpyNames.CivilizationType - "CIVILIZATION_KOREA" does not exist in Civilizations
[968124.843] Invalid Reference on Civilization_SpyNames.CivilizationType - "CIVILIZATION_KOREA" does not exist in Civilizations
[968124.843] Invalid Reference on Civilization_Start_Along_Ocean.CivilizationType - "CIVILIZATION_KOREA" does not exist in Civilizations
[968125.436] Invalid Reference on Leader_MinorCivApproachBiases.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[968125.436] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[968125.436] Invalid Reference on Leader_Flavors.LeaderType - "LEADER_SEJONG" does not exist in Leaders
[968126.387] Failure to check references for foreign key Units(PolicyType).
[968126.387] no such table: PolicyTypes
[968126.387] Failed Validation.
[968126.465] no such column: ConsecutiveEras
[968126.465] In Query - select Bonus, Description, SameEra, UniqueEras, ConsecutiveEras, MustBeArt, MustBeArtifact, MustBeEqualArtArtifact, RequiresOwner, RequiresAnyButOwner, RequiresSamePlayer, RequiresUniquePlayers, AIPriority from Building_ThemingBonuses where BuildingType = ?

any idea how to fix this?

thanks!

You need to install the Combined DLL mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518556

It is required for this mod to function. Follow the instructions on that site, and on the first page of this mod.
Cheers,
G

Update: I've added very large instructions to the first page on how to install this mod. Follow those, and you all should be set!

Odd. I'll look into it. I'm currently using the exact same setup with no problems, so I cannot imagine what is going on.
G

I've just updated the Community Patch (with newer version), and re-activated the mods - and there are no problems - all windows are visible.

I've just updated the Community Patch (with newer version), and re-activated the mods - and there are no problems - all windows are visible.

Excellent. Perhaps the previous version was buggy. Who knows! (I should, but I don't, because I'm sleepy).

Be sure to report back.
G

One of the mods you are using, aside from CSD, is modifying the CityView.lua file. That's what is causing it. As far as which mod is causing it, I'm not sure. Search the mod folders for that file, and let me know where you find the other one.
G
I'm afraid the only CityView.lua I have is in CSD. I tried deleting the CSD one and getting EUI, but to no avail. The issue persists. Anything else that might be causing it?

You need to install the Combined DLL mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518556

It is required for this mod to function. Follow the instructions on that site, and on the first page of this mod.
Cheers,
G

Update: I've added very large instructions to the first page on how to install this mod. Follow those, and you all should be set!

Ok, got it running. Thanks for the quick feedback. Still seeing problems though (with only "Community Patch" and "Various Mod Components" enabled). Seems I really need to enable all the diplomacy stuff as well. But I sure hope the installation is going to be easier in later releases. Keep up the good work!

Ok, got it running. Thanks for the quick feedback. Still seeing problems though (with only "Community Patch" and "Various Mod Components" enabled). Seems I really need to enable all the diplomacy stuff as well. But I sure hope the installation is going to be easier in later releases. Keep up the good work!

Good to hear. We're still in the early stages. To be clear, the Community Patch is designed with the features of CSD, CivIV Diplomacy and Whoward's PNM mods in mind – the best, and most stable, experience will be had with all of these elements enabled.

Have fun,
G

OK, I started playing the game. The game crashed in the diplomacy window. Then, I wanted to load a save game, and here is the problem. They don't work. I tried a few times to load them in different ways (with mods, without the mods enabled) from different places. I can save a game, but when I try to load it, the game crashes or a runtime error appears, which takes me back to desktop. The game loads saves if I used a different random mod or with no mods at all, to be clear.

I left these mods enabled:

"Community Patch (V1)

and disabled these:

and the game loads a save.

OK, I started playing the game. The game crashed in the diplomacy window. Then, I wanted to load a save game, and here is the problem. They don't work. I tried a few times to load them in different ways (with mods, without the mods enabled) from different places. I can save a game, but when I try to load it, the game crashes or a runtime error appears, which takes me back to desktop. The game loads saves if I used a different random mod or with no mods at all, to be clear.

I left these mods enabled:

"Community Patch (V1)

and disabled these:

and the game loads a save.

Odd! CSD's my other project, so I'm curious.

Do me a favor – on the first page of this thread I posted a beta of CSD v24 earlier (bottom of first post). Download that and use it in lieu of v23 (use the Diplomacy - City States (v4) along with it). Let me know if that works. If not, I'll figure it out.

Sorry for the trouble!
G

Odd! CSD's my other project, so I'm curious.

Do me a favor – on the first page of this thread I posted a beta of CSD v24 earlier (bottom of first post). Download that and use it in lieu of v23 (use the Diplomacy - City States (v4) along with it). Let me know if that works. If not, I'll figure it out.

Sorry for the trouble!
G

Well, the game seems to be loading now, but again, I can't choose production after I build a city, so...

Download the Community Patch, but do not delete its DLL. It should be the only mod in your MODS folder that contains a DLL.

This instruction is confusing. It is implying that we should have already deleted the .DLL from Whoward's Combined DLL. No where in the instructions in the first post or on Whoward's Combined DLL page does it say to do this.

So do we delete Whoward's Combined DLL .dll file or not? If yes can that be put somewhere in the instructions.

Excuse me if I missed where it said that but I double checked and couldn't find whether to delete Whoward's Combined DLL .dll file or not.

EDIT: Great mod by the way. I am now gonna use it instead of the Communitas mod which seems to have died unfortunately.

EDIT2: Off topic but has anyone noticed that two of the options in the profile options for sex is "not specified" and "unspecified"? Seems sort of weird to have both of those options.

Top Bottom