Community Patch - How To Install

After I installed i could start the game but as soon as i built my city and it had me choose my first research the research screen had nothing on the screen so i could not select anything to research....

Having the same issue as neverminds and Shldrinj. UI is messed up.

Using Installer and selected Full version with the EUI.

I do not have any other mod installed.

Have not modified any files and checked to make sure LUA folder wasn't in CP and CBP mods folders (it's not there).

After I installed i could start the game but as soon as i built my city and it had me choose my first research the research screen had nothing on the screen so i could not select anything to research....

Having the same issue as neverminds and Shldrinj. UI is messed up.

Using Installer and selected Full version with the EUI.

I do not have any other mod installed.

Have not modified any files and checked to make sure LUA folder wasn't in CP and CBP mods folders (it's not there).

Check that ALL the parts are being selected when you enter the "Select mods" dialogue. Sometimes the 4th part, CivIV Diplomatic Features gets missed out. You need to have all 6 parts active in order.

Check that ALL the parts are being selected when you enter the "Select mods" dialogue. Sometimes the 4th part, CivIV Diplomatic Features gets missed out. You need to have all 6 parts active in order.

If that doesn't solve it, I'd suggest reinstalling the mods - wiping clean your MODS folder and using the installer again.

Is here something like mod load order? I remember in Skyrim that correct load order was very important. If so, how to check it and what is correct mod load order?

Is here something like mod load order? I remember in Skyrim that correct load order was very important. If so, how to check it and what is correct mod load order?

No, load order isn't very important.

Load order is extremely important.

The CP project has them numbered, 1-6. They have to be checked in that order anyways, so it should be fine.

G

Oh, I assumed he meant in general.

Load order is extremely important.

The CP project has them numbered, 1-6. They have to be checked in that order anyways, so it should be fine.

G

I know this to be true but it still confuses me when I load a save game and see the details of what mods I have active and see part 5, More Luxuries, listed 2nd and then the rest of the mods in order. This only shows for me on saved games and I am very sure to activate them in numerical order upon first install.

I know this to be true but it still confuses me when I load a save game and see the details of what mods I have active and see part 5, More Luxuries, listed 2nd and then the rest of the mods in order. This only shows for me on saved games and I am very sure to activate them in numerical order upon first install.

That is usually innocuous. Usually. :)

G

Stupid question of the day. Sorry if it's been answered before, this thread is 75 pages now and I just didn't feel up to reading through it all.

So: Does the Community Patch work with TheCrazyScotsman's Omnibus Mod? Because I REALLY REALLY like the extra buildings and other options, but since I applied the Community Patch, it's so messed up.. wrong icons and stuff. It does work, but it's extremely ugly and confusing to look at.

Also, the names on my cities comes and goes, as they do on the AI players' cities. And I can't see a way to check neither my own nor the AI's cities for religion. Is this as it is supposed to be? Or is some om my other mods messing that up, too?

Lastly... as much as I (think I) like this Community Patch... is there a way to remove it? If it keeps messing up everything, I'd frankly rather go back to the way the game were... But I love mods and new options, so I'll give it a go (especially now where I think I've found out how to actually use it with YNAEP without it crashing to desktop when it loads :)

Hope someone will take the time to answer :)

Used the installer, deleted the LUA file from CP LUA was not present in CBP.

The mod is quite fun. However, I disabled everything from the ingame mods list and started a vanilla multiplayer game with a friend. The EUI is still present and renders building stats on the production menu with nullvalue string arguments. This is quite annoying. A fix for this? Did I miss a step or do something wrong? Or must I face it alone because no one can help me?

Stupid question of the day. Sorry if it's been answered before, this thread is 75 pages now and I just didn't feel up to reading through it all.

So: Does the Community Patch work with TheCrazyScotsman's Omnibus Mod? Because I REALLY REALLY like the extra buildings and other options, but since I applied the Community Patch, it's so messed up.. wrong icons and stuff. It does work, but it's extremely ugly and confusing to look at.

Also, the names on my cities comes and goes, as they do on the AI players' cities. And I can't see a way to check neither my own nor the AI's cities for religion. Is this as it is supposed to be? Or is some om my other mods messing that up, too?

Lastly... as much as I (think I) like this Community Patch... is there a way to remove it? If it keeps messing up everything, I'd frankly rather go back to the way the game were... But I love mods and new options, so I'll give it a go (especially now where I think I've found out how to actually use it with YNAEP without it crashing to desktop when it loads :)

Hope someone will take the time to answer :)

The Community Patch by itself should work. The CBP+, no. Delete the lua folder in the CP if you are experiencing errors with mods that alter the UI.

The mod is quite fun. However, I disabled everything from the ingame mods list and started a vanilla multiplayer game with a friend. The EUI is still present and renders building stats on the production menu with nullvalue string arguments. This is quite annoying. A fix for this? Did I miss a step or do something wrong? Or must I face it alone because no one can help me?

Delete the EUI folder in your DLC folder of your civ install. Clear cache afterwards.

G

Would be nice to have an option to set a maximum number of cities limit. It is annoying how AI spams cities everywhere for the whole game.

Would be nice to have an option to set a maximum number of cities limit. It is annoying how AI spams cities everywhere for the whole game.

Oh, so I'm not the only one who has that problem.
Best map I had I was alone on the continent till @ turn 90. Last patch. Replayed the map and had a winning game but the last save I had @ 400 wouldn't load again. Have had that problem late in game loading saves. Also if I re-use the map the later saves don't always load.

Anyway.....:)

Balerune, I don't have any save problems. (although I do get some spontaneous crashes)
It's just annoying when AI squeezes cities between mine on my borders when they already have 4+ cities...

look at this amazing city-placement by aztec AI (it already has 7 cities on the continent), tlacopan literally has nothing:
123.jpg

Balerune, I don't have any save problems, It's just annoying when AI squeezes cities between mine on my borders when they already have 4+ cities...

look at this amazing city-placement by aztec AI (it already has 7 cities on the continent), tlacopan literally has nothing:
View attachment 402959

I piggybacked on your answer.

I added another issue, sorry.

Top Bottom