Community Patch - How To Install

The auto-installer indicates, prior to installation, all of the files it will install as part of the installation process...

Anyways, hope it works!

G

Works now, my apologies apparently I wasn't having all the DLC's active in the steam settings or something and the nonconventional civ 5 install is not the latest update so it wouldn't have worked anyway. Reinstalling steam and making sure every DLC is active there solved it :)

Thanks for the fast support :)

If i want to play Community Patch with CSD or Civ 4 Diplo do i have to donwload a specific version of them for Community Patch ? And do i need whowards DLL various Mod components + his DLL for Civ 4 diplo and CSD to make Community Patch,CSD and Civ 4 diplo to work ?

No, just the Community Patch.

Works now, my apologies apparently I wasn't having all the DLC's active in the steam settings or something and the nonconventional civ 5 install is not the latest update so it wouldn't have worked anyway. Reinstalling steam and making sure every DLC is active there solved it :)

Thanks for the fast support :)

Yep!

Keep heavy bombers in the building list, after stealth bombers are available, they can be used on carriers, while stealth can't.

Hey love the mod and hadn't played it in a while. I came back to try it again and am having a problem installing it. I did the following steps:

1. Used the auto installer and installed 1 & 2 (community patch and community balance patch)

2. Noticed that the science screen wasn't working (image attached) so uninstalled the mod, cleared my cache, deleted EUI, and verified game files from steam.

3. Reinstalled the mod and I'm still having the same science screen issue.

Any advice on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-04-16 08.32.05.jpg
    Screenshot 2016-04-16 08.32.05.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 171
Hey love the mod and hadn't played it in a while. I came back to try it again and am having a problem installing it. I did the following steps:

1. Used the auto installer and installed 1 & 2 (community patch and community balance patch)

2. Noticed that the science screen wasn't working (image attached) so uninstalled the mod, cleared my cache, deleted EUI, and verified game files from steam.

3. Reinstalled the mod and I'm still having the same science screen issue.

Any advice on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!

Looks like you are missing some DLC?

Hey Gazebo,last time i told you about problem with expensive trade with AI for luxury resoursces (25 gold PT). Now i have problem with culture. As i saw,and think you have lower the costs for social polices in begging of the game. More easly to have one branch full. But i'm in middle game and i have 5-6 branches,not only me,AI also.I do have very big culture output but looks like there is a problem. Here is logs.
View attachment Logs.rar

When I load into a game I get a swath of errors saying stuff like 'MISSING TEXTURE: notificationeventcityorange.dds or something. I'm only using this and JFD's mods (No EUI because it was really buggy).

With this mod is there a change in the game speed at all? Also, I was playing a game and I had an army of boats in the classical era (before I discovered Astronomy) which I used to go to war with an AI, and it summoned a Great Admiral. Which could cross the ocean and looked like a renaissance boat. Is there anyway it's possible to have a pre-renaissance version of the boat which can't cross the ocean? Thanks
One more thing, it would pretty cool if the barbarians had a leader scene. It doesn't have to be an actual leader, just a picture of a barbarian.

Can you still get achievements with the mod installed? I still have several of the "win the game with leader X" achievements that would be a lot more fun with this new rebalancing of the game.

With this mod is there a change in the game speed at all? Also, I was playing a game and I had an army of boats in the classical era (before I discovered Compass) which I used to go to war with an AI, and it summoned a Great Admiral. Which could cross the ocean and looked like a renaissance boat. Is there anyway it's possible to have a pre-renaissance version of the boat which can't cross the ocean? Thanks
One more thing, it would pretty cool if the barbarians had a leader scene. It doesn't have to be an actual leader, just a picture of a barbarian.

The game speed itself is not changed, however due to the addition of several techs the game does take longer.

Can you still get achievements with the mod installed? I still have several of the "win the game with leader X" achievements that would be a lot more fun with this new rebalancing of the game.

Unfortunately, no. Civ disables achievements when you load mods, so it is not possible to play mods with achievements.

The game speed itself is not changed, however due to the addition of several techs the game does take longer.

Does it by any chance change the month/turn increments then? You see, I made a mod which changes the gamespeed. It works fine in normal Civ where the time of the game matches you're current era. But with the Community Patch, it's 2000AD and I'm still in the Classical Era!

Hiya Gazebo, sorry to pester you again, but can you remind me how I ensure that I have a version of "Events & Decisions" & "Health & Plague" that is compatible with this mod? Thanks in advance.

Aussie_Lurker.

Does it by any chance change the month/turn increments then? You see, I made a mod which changes the gamespeed. It works fine in normal Civ where the time of the game matches you're current era. But with the Community Patch, it's 2000AD and I'm still in the Classical Era!

Sorry, I have no clue. I would imagine, but can't say for sure. I guess that's a question for G

Hello, i don't seem to be able to make the CP work with EUI. To be exact i'm trying the newest beta build (10.04) with the newest version of EUI 1.28f.

Both seem to work on their own, but together my right top panel doesn't display correctly and when I meet a City State or loot a ancient ruin there is no pop-up. (These are the most obvious problems i encounter so far, but a lot of the EUI stuff seems to not work correctly).

I found the following errors in my lua.log
Spoiler :
Runtime Error: C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\LUA\DiploList.lua:39: attempt to index field 'OuterGrid' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\LUA\DiploList.lua.

Runtime Error: C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\LUA\ProductionPopup.lua:50: attempt to index field 'ScrollPanel' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\LUA\ProductionPopup.lua.

When using the lates stable version of CP (09.03)there is no top-panel problem but the same lua-errors occur and pop-ups are still missing aswell as other minor EUI problems.

Using older EUI versions (I tried 1.27c and 1.28c) show the same or even worse results.

I always clear my cache when changing mods and (for the testing) have no other mods enabled.

Any idea where i went wrong? Do i need any compatibility files for EUI to work with only the CP?

Hello, i don't seem to be able to make the CP work with EUI. To be exact i'm trying the newest beta build (10.04) with the newest version of EUI 1.28f.

Both seem to work on their own, but together my right top panel doesn't display correctly and when I meet a City State or loot a ancient ruin there is no pop-up. (These are the most obvious problems i encounter so far, but a lot of the EUI stuff seems to not work correctly).

I found the following errors in my lua.log
Spoiler :
Runtime Error: C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\LUA\DiploList.lua:39: attempt to index field 'OuterGrid' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\LUA\DiploList.lua.

Runtime Error: C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\LUA\ProductionPopup.lua:50: attempt to index field 'ScrollPanel' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\LUA\ProductionPopup.lua.

When using the lates stable version of CP (09.03)there is no top-panel problem but the same lua-errors occur and pop-ups are still missing aswell as other minor EUI problems.

Using older EUI versions (I tried 1.27c and 1.28c) show the same or even worse results.

I always clear my cache when changing mods and (for the testing) have no other mods enabled.

Any idea where i went wrong? Do i need any compatibility files for EUI to work with only the CP?

If you are using just the CP, did you follow instructions re: deleting the CP's lua folder?

G

If you are using just the CP, did you follow instructions re: deleting the CP's lua folder?

G

Deleting the lua folder does the trick:blush:

Sorry for not finding this solution myself, i'm still not sure if i found the instructions you're reffering to.

In this thread i actually only find this:
Spoiler :
Installation Steps:

Download all desired mods, placing them in your MODS folder.
If using the CBP, delete the LUA folder in the main Community Patch mod folder.
If using a CBP Compatibility Mod, choose one or the other, but not both, based on your use of EUI.
If using one of the CBP Compatibility Mods, delete the LUA folder in the Community Balance Patch and Community Patch mod folders.
Make sure to delete all files in your cache (Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Cache) before starting a new game.

But i guess you refer to this:
Spoiler :

Q: Is the Community Patch Only-Modpack compatible to the official version of EUI?
A: Yes, but you have to delete the YieldIconManager.lua and xml from
MP_MODSPACK\Mods\Community Patch (v 66)\LUA.

Or is there actually an even more obvious place i would have found this solution?

So do I actually only need to delete YieldIconManager.lua and xml or the whole lua folder of the CP?

Deleting the lua folder does the trick:blush:

Sorry for not finding this solution myself, i'm still not sure if i found the instructions you're reffering to.

In this thread i actually only find this:
Spoiler :
Installation Steps:

Download all desired mods, placing them in your MODS folder.
If using the CBP, delete the LUA folder in the main Community Patch mod folder.
If using a CBP Compatibility Mod, choose one or the other, but not both, based on your use of EUI.
If using one of the CBP Compatibility Mods, delete the LUA folder in the Community Balance Patch and Community Patch mod folders.
Make sure to delete all files in your cache (Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Cache) before starting a new game.

But i guess you refer to this:

Or is there actually an even more obvious place i would have found this solution?

So do I actually only need to delete YieldIconManager.lua and xml or the whole lua folder of the CP?

The installation guide PDF is the best source for installation instructions. And you need to delete the whole folder.

G

Top Bottom