Completely new Nuke animation

Ohh Aluminum! Aluminiiiummm! Could you resize This? It is to honking huge!

Sorry for dropping off the planet for like a year, I have been checking in more frequently recently. My battleship that I mentioned will have to wait until I can get a proper 3D program again (hopefully soon) along with any update for this.

I realize, a year later just how solid this thing is, luckily about three months of extensive skill building has hopefully given me the chance to do much better on my next atempt.

My main goal originally was, as the thread suggested just make a completely new nuclear explosion animation. Hopefully someone else out there is trying to do the same thing, I'd really like to see some variety. Also I realize this is huge, but I wanted it to be. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to center it. At this point anyone is free to edit this as they please, since it's such an old version (not that any new ones have come out, yet)

Just for future reference, this thing was made with one of the earliest FLCster versions and I don't remeber the original frame speed, but it shouldn't be zero. Also it was made for the original Civ 3, just keep that in mind future downloaders!

The moment I get my 3D modelling program (A version of 3D Studio Max for sure) EXPECT (no guanantee's here) me to start putting out a few new units, I've got a heck of a lot of ideas and a descent amount of time, just no program, yet.

Yep, so that's my come back spill.

I know, other people said the same thing a few months ago, actually more like a year ago.

As you can all see I ended up using POV-Ray as my unit making program, so the re-do of this will be done with POV-Ray. But currently I've got a whole lot of other stuff I'm working on so this will have to wait.

Yes there is reason to the madness of bringing back an over-half-year-old-thread, since while was rendering my most recent unit (the Highwind, the death animation for it is taking a PAINFULLY long time to render) I found the time and the means to convert the nuclear explosion animations from Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 into civ3 format! Check the first post (which will be redone practically) for the file and more info.

Precisely, and directly, the animation is the EXACT same, since I managed to extract it directly.

Top Bottom