Completely new Nuke animation

Orthanc

Shipwright
Well I said I would redo this, but I had no idea it would be this soon and using this method. Instead of an original redo, the new files (yes, files, as in the plural) are a conversion from the game Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 using a program I stumbled upon. So now the excellent nuclear explosions from that game can be implemented into civ3!

There's two animations, as explained in the included readme, a large explosion and a small explosion, since the game did provide 2 versions. I'm also including the sound that came directly from the game which works great with the animations, sort of obviously.

The original file (my first, despite being hopelessly outdated) I will keep just for old time's sake, but the new converted animations are what I was aiming for from the start. As usual with me, now, I'm attaching an animated preview, of the large version, but note that the preview quality is much lower than the actual animation.

File:
ICBMBomb

Enjoy! The Preview is attached, the original file attached here was incorrect, so use my post below if you want the old version for some strange reason.

EDIT: For all those who I hope have not been waiting all this time for that futuristic battleship I was saying would be done in a post of mine lower on this page, obviously that model was abandoned but I will do a much better redo (that'll be finished) sometime, maybe by Spetember I'll be finished the other stuff and finally get back to that.

Attachments

• ICBMBombLarge.gif
    ICBMBombLarge.gif
    229.1 KB · Views: 3,076
Welcome to CFC :band:

Create a preview. If it is smaller than 100k, you can attach it just like you attached the file. If it is larger, you need to use the Upload File option at the bottom of the main forum page. Follow the instructions there to upload, then place an IMG tag in your post with the address of the preview.

EDIT: By the way, the archive is supposedly corrupt (unexpected end of archive), so I couldn't create a preview for you. It could be just me, but you should check your file.

Downloads just fine, but the zip file won't open.

Try again - one can never have too many different kinds of explosions.

:)

It looks very promising. Just make the mushroom cloud more smoke-like instead of a solid shape.

Yes, I need to know what you used to make this. It looks very good. I do think it looks a little solid, but it's still useable. Great. Just tell me what you used!!

Looks great! If anything I'd suggest that the white flash at the beginning lasts longer. Other than that it looks good.

Here's an animated preview:

I used gmax to make the model and textures. In game it looks quite a bit better than in the preview (still gets the idea across though. Thanks GEChallenger for making that preview for me) In a lot of nukes, the plume at top actually doesn't get too cloud like until it starts to dissipate (I think, I looked at a lot of nuclear bomb pictures before I made this animation) Yeah, the flash at the beginning could be longer. I'll get an update for it a bit after I release my new unit.

Just to let you know, my new unit will be a MASSIVE futuristic battleship. Hope you like it when I release it!

Outstanding. :thumbsup:
I'd appriciate much more if I ever played a game all to the Modern Age :)

Fine by me. By the way, expect a preview (of some sort) for some of my new units soon. I'll be making a new post for them though.

Top Bottom