Completely random first game

Bino

Warlord
Hi all! I wish to know how many in here plan to have their very first CIV Six game completely random generated! :)

Myself for sure I will, since I plan to spend like 1k hours over the years on this game, much like with Civ 5, and play all leaders and maps combos anyway, why not playing with whatever fate sends my way on the first, hopefully memorable game?

And yes, we need more info from the devs to discuss of more important things :D

No. I know enough of the game to choose which civ to try first.

i had planned on picking one once they were all revealed but a random Civ would be kind of fun also.

I'll go with a random civ but standard on everything Else. I hope if balance issues occur it will be least likely on standard settings. I will go down 1 difficulty level and take my time!
Usually I like different map types on huge and epic speed... But that'll be my 2nd game...

I thought I'd chose germany for my first game. A random civ could be exciting too. I guess I'll decide spontainiosly.

I wouln't like a complete random game though.

I will probably make a decision after we know all the civs. I'll consider going random but knowing myself, I will eventually go for the one I decided :lol:

I've gone Rome for my first play through since Civ 2, but I really like Norway and Greece this go round.

We'll see what they have for Rome though.

It wont Be Random, probably one of Germany/Rome??/Arabia??/Russia??/maybe I want a baseline "Boring Civ" where i can get afeel for the game.

I do know it will be Standard/Continents/Prince/Epic Though :)

I'll go through each leader in order as they existed (or supposedly existed) through time . So, if I'm not mistaken, that would make Gilgamesh the first game, and then I'll move on wih the next one in the Timeline and so on until Gandhi. Which is perfect, cos' I'm sick tired of seeing Gandhi's face in every Civ game.

Random civ I'm heavily leaning toward.. Maybe not random map as I'd want it to be something like continents or fractal. I don't like everyone on the same land mass but also don't like archipelago maps.

Random civ I'm heavily leaning toward.. Maybe not random map as I'd want it to be something like continents or fractal. I don't like everyone on the same land mass but also don't like archipelago maps.

Based on the Ed Beach video with Norway (it's the first half of the one in which he plays Spain and discusses religion), the archipelago map script has been retired and replaced with a new script as a direct result of unstacking cities. It looks a lot like something between the Large Islands & Small Continents map scripts in Civ V.

I don't like playing in maps that are not TSL, so I probably won't unless I don't have a choice e.g. there's no TSL option or serviceable scenarios on release. If there is... well, I still haven't quite decided, but I'm torn between going completely random, going with one of my usuals (England or Rome) or try some of the cool new civs like Norway.

I may go semi-random. I've never been very warlike in Civ, and especially now that I'm going to want to experience the full game and all of its eras, I may go random and then reroll if I get a militaristic leader.

I like your idea of going random, OP. I wonder how many games I can go random before I select my leader.

My first game will be on the largest map size possible, real Earth map if available (otherwise Continents), Epic speed, playing as Qin Shi Huang unless I wind up liking Sumer better.

My 20th game will be with a random Civ.

Top Bottom