1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Completely random first game

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Bino, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Bino

Bino Warlord

Hi all! I wish to know how many in here plan to have their very first CIV Six game completely random generated! :)

Myself for sure I will, since I plan to spend like 1k hours over the years on this game, much like with Civ 5, and play all leaders and maps combos anyway, why not playing with whatever fate sends my way on the first, hopefully memorable game?

And yes, we need more info from the devs to discuss of more important things :D

2. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

No. I know enough of the game to choose which civ to try first.

3. rastak

rastak Emperor

i had planned on picking one once they were all revealed but a random Civ would be kind of fun also.

4. paulmclem

paulmclem Warlord

I really fancy some religious game play. That's probably where I'll start.

5. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

I'll go with a random civ but standard on everything Else. I hope if balance issues occur it will be least likely on standard settings. I will go down 1 difficulty level and take my time!
    Usually I like different map types on huge and epic speed... But that'll be my 2nd game...

6. X_nemesis_X

X_nemesis_X Chieftain

I thought I'd chose germany for my first game. A random civ could be exciting too. I guess I'll decide spontainiosly.

I wouln't like a complete random game though.

7. WiseGreen

WiseGreen Warlord

All random always : )

8. Haggbart

Haggbart King

I will probably make a decision after we know all the civs. I'll consider going random but knowing myself, I will eventually go for the one I decided :lol:

9. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I'd probably go random the first time around to not prejudge my experience.

10. BohoMojamboEsq

BohoMojamboEsq Chieftain

I've gone Rome for my first play through since Civ 2, but I really like Norway and Greece this go round.

We'll see what they have for Rome though.

11. dturtle1

dturtle1 Prince

It wont Be Random, probably one of Germany/Rome??/Arabia??/Russia??/maybe I want a baseline "Boring Civ" where i can get afeel for the game.

I do know it will be Standard/Continents/Prince/Epic Though :)

12. Gambito

Gambito Chieftain

I'll go through each leader in order as they existed (or supposedly existed) through time . So, if I'm not mistaken, that would make Gilgamesh the first game, and then I'll move on wih the next one in the Timeline and so on until Gandhi. Which is perfect, cos' I'm sick tired of seeing Gandhi's face in every Civ game.

13. Ebrim

Ebrim Warlord

Random civ I'm heavily leaning toward.. Maybe not random map as I'd want it to be something like continents or fractal. I don't like everyone on the same land mass but also don't like archipelago maps.

14. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Based on the Ed Beach video with Norway (it's the first half of the one in which he plays Spain and discusses religion), the archipelago map script has been retired and replaced with a new script as a direct result of unstacking cities. It looks a lot like something between the Large Islands & Small Continents map scripts in Civ V.

15. Gwydden

Gwydden Warlord

I don't like playing in maps that are not TSL, so I probably won't unless I don't have a choice e.g. there's no TSL option or serviceable scenarios on release. If there is... well, I still haven't quite decided, but I'm torn between going completely random, going with one of my usuals (England or Rome) or try some of the cool new civs like Norway.

16. Alsark

Alsark Noble

I may go semi-random. I've never been very warlike in Civ, and especially now that I'm going to want to experience the full game and all of its eras, I may go random and then reroll if I get a militaristic leader.

17. isau

isau Deity

Aztecs for me first go-round.

18. Carazycool

Carazycool Warlord

I like your idea of going random, OP. I wonder how many games I can go random before I select my leader.

19. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

My first game will be on the largest map size possible, real Earth map if available (otherwise Continents), Epic speed, playing as Qin Shi Huang unless I wind up liking Sumer better.

20. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

My 20th game will be with a random Civ.