Concepts and Ideas for a Modpack( suggestions, helps and fans wanted)

Spoiler Investment Rates :

The major idea here is to balance the value of commerce, after all, commerce is a major part of what moves an empire.

:gold::science::culture::espionage: Right? These are named commerce types... What are they exactly? Spending right?

My idea is to start treating these commerce type rates( how its called in the SDK) what they really represent, the rate of investment of an empire on destined subject (the rates that stays at the top left of the screen).

Consider like this, each thing on your empire would generate :commerce:, a part of this commerce is collected as tax to the empire, then the empire redirects part of this income back to the cities giving a reason for citizens to live:
:gold:=> This part goes to the government coffers to compensate for the cost and to fill the kings purse.
:science:=> Investment in research and education.
:culture:=> Investment in infrastructure and citizen well being.
:espionage:=> Investment in military and espionage purposes, feeding the war machine.

Did you just read what you think you did? Yeah you did, with the concept of Espionage for military and Culture for infrastructure, we give a whole new meaning and importance for these two kinds of commerce that were so overlooked.

Say there is a new Emperor in town, and he decides education is for the stupid, what the people really need is swords and wars, he will tune up the :espionage: investment at the cost of :science:, would the schools continue to work the way they were?

Commerce and investment will have a whole lot of more importance and abundance and the investment will make a lot more of sense in the next part.

Spoiler Building Outputs :

The way we usually see is most buildings that increase commerce in rates (such as library with +25%:science: ), instead most of them will have a directly output per investment rate, with a additional cost, after all, we don't expect these buildings to work for free.
Which really makes a whole lot more sense.

Try to imagine, you have a little small town in the middle of nowhere, and crazy as you are, you decide to build a Great library there ( +100%:science just for presentation). This town is so up far from anywhere, it doesn't have any trade, no cottages around, no :commerce: production.
Now guess what, your Great pretty Library produces what? Nothing at all...(100%*0=0)

Now this was dramatization for the sake of demonstration. Most buildings would have direct output on what they supposed to offer, but of course there will be buildings who affect the the overall rate (such as Great Library) but those are more likely to be National or World Wonders, and a few selection of specialized buildings such as Banks.

To get a more touchable idea of this concept:
Library == 1:science: -1:gold:/ 5% Invest. rate
Invest. Rate == 25%:science: rate
Output == +5:science: -5:gold:

The +5 science is a direct output from the library, the -5 gold are counted as maintenance.
Now keep in mind that in this example, the library is a pretty inefficient building, converting directly gold to science, for better efficiency you have to upgrade the building, make options to reduce maintenance, and even further, specialize the city to have a even greater output.

Another example is the barracks:
Barracks == +1xp -1:gold:/ 5% :espionage: spent
Invest. Rate == 10%:espionage: rate
Output == +2xp -2:gold: for new units​

Markets for example, should generated only :commerce: instead of the +25%:gold: rate.
Another idea I have for buildings that aren't specialized(such as market), to give and output relative to the size of the population: +1 commerce / pop.
Considering that the market is the place where people have access to the to the resources, each resource would also produce a +commerce and the usual happiness or health.

The concept also adopts the upgradable buildings feature already seen in some mods( such as A New Dawn), that way output can become even greater when you decide to properly invest in it, by upgrading buildings and directing the empire coin to it.

Spoiler Balance between commerce types :

You may have not noticed, But by giving buildings costs and direct outputs, we get a lot of balance in the greater picture.

Without the buildings, you may still leave the :science: at tops 90% at all. But as soon as they start being built, your cost will sky rocket, but the loss of science you get from reducing the Invest. rate are soon compensate by the surplus production of the buildings themselves, reaching greater scales with more efficient city setups.

I predict that a 20% to 40% will be already a great deal of investment.

As well :culture: as infrastructure means, buildings will provide more :health: and :) for your cities. While, :espionage: will give direct outputs on xp for military.

I know this thread is rather old, so excuse the bump, but as I brainstorm for my Fractured States mod. I have come up with this exact idea, that buildings produce direct commerce in relation to the tax slider. I'm glad to see that gfurst had the same idea! I can't say it any better than him, so I'm just quoting his old post and asking if anyone has the ability to put this into place as a modcomp.

Dom Pedro put this modcomp together which is just what I (and gfurst) are looking for, but while he apparently succeeded in giving health, xp, great person points, etc from the tax slider, he wasn't able to get direct commerce ( :science:, :gold:, :espionage:, etc). Also, it looks like Dom Pedro's mod was uploaded in 2007, so I'm not sure whether it is compatible with 3.19 (I'm at work so I can't check).

So my ask, if anyone is willing to take it on, is thus:
1. If it isn't yet, please help update this modcomp for 3.19.
2. Expand the modcomp to allow buildings (and civics, traits) to produce :science:, :gold:, :espionage:, :culture: directly depending on the tax slider.

Pretty pleeeeeaaaasssee?

Top Bottom