• Compliance

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Deference

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thunderbrd

C2C War Dog
Ok, yeah this is getting ridiculous now.

But fun. :)

Let's try this again. We had a lot of clear losers on the last attempt and more ideas and some strong opinions (negative ones) about the forerunners. So, only including new ideas and the forerunners of the last poll, this one will hard end in 7 days, which is about where it seemed we ran out of new votes or so on the last poll.

We'll see if we have a new emerging winner (Even though the last poll, as with this one, IS set to allow us to change our vote...)

We will have to all agree to peacefully accept the winner, no matter what this time.

Food for thought from the randomness of social media:
upload_2022-6-14_16-49-11.png

I'm... not sure what I just read tho tbh.

Attachments

• upload_2022-6-14_16-48-39.png
    upload_2022-6-14_16-48-39.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 20
Doesn't cultural norms sound much nicer than social norms somehow? Perhaps the subtle implication that something cultural is relative, and something societal is generic and thus more of an absolute concept. Wikipedia straight up redirects to social norms if you search cultural norms though, and I'm not surprised since they're effectively the same thing, but the nuance is lost. Today we are in a post-cultural/multicultural society after all. Up untill a couple hundred years ago, however, societies were strongly tied to exclusive, isolated cultural values...

Also, mores is another, stricter definition that came up while looking into this stuff.

I'm liking the sound and feel of conformity but it's not getting as much traction unfortunately
I voted Conformity as it feels right for the era. Codes of Conduct sounds like it belongs in the Ancient era and could also be a building or national wonder if it isn't already one. Social Norms is my 2nd choice. Compliance is acceptable also.

I voted Conformity as it feels right for the era. Codes of Conduct sounds like it belongs in the Ancient era and could also be a building or national wonder if it isn't already one. Social Norms is my 2nd choice. Compliance is acceptable also.
That's my top three as well, but I put Compliance first, Conformity second, and Social Norms in third.

You can vote for more than 1?

I voted for Vigilance.

You can vote for more than 1?

I voted for Vigilance.
Shouldn't be able to get more than one vote on this but I think it does allow a vote change.

You can change your vote into an "useful vote" before the polls close... come on, conformity gang.

At first I voted for Compliance but switched my vote to Conformity after some thought. I think the Latter has a better ring to it in the Prehistoric era and I owe T-Bird one anyways for allowing this vote and listening to my concerns. Yay it's settled now :3

Is it proper to say it's rather ironic that we had to take two rounds of votes to settle on 'Compliance'?

(I earlier today read someone saying that the Alanis Morisette song 'Ironic' has no examples of irony, which doesn't track with my understanding of what irony is at all - I'd say every example is exactly irony but apparently it depends on what a person has been taught irony means. In fact, I see that in itself as coming up on the same day as the end of this vote as being also ironic.)

Is it proper to say it's rather ironic that we had to take two rounds of votes to settle on 'Compliance'?

(I earlier today read someone saying that the Alanis Morisette song 'Ironic' has no examples of irony, which doesn't track with my understanding of what irony is at all - I'd say every example is exactly irony but apparently it depends on what a person has been taught irony means. In fact, I see that in itself as coming up on the same day as the end of this vote as being also ironic.)

Irony tech when? :p

It's very interesting that having more options available actually lead to clearer results. Well, sort of anyway.

https://grammar.yourdictionary.com/vs/irony-vs-sarcasm-types-and-differences.html

Top Bottom