1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CONES - The Hero (or Villian) Within Us All

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by conehead234, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Contempt

Contempt The Barbarian Warlord

Can you extend the order deadline? Since your internet was down for awhile, I wasn't sure when I should have sent my orders. Maybe Monday, or Tuesday?

2. conehead234

conehead234 Braves on the Warpath

Just a reminder, please read the rules, you need to invest money for your plots to work. The money is needed for planning, execution, and other stuff.

3. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

Ooh i forgot precise costs.... Umm spend all my funds on research and manufacturing if you didnt get that idea already...

4. EffingPrancer

EffingPrancer Chieftain

The SS had come in the night to the camp, the people had never had any love for the Roma, and noone could complain to see the SS coming to remove them. Damn Gypsies deserved what they got anyways, as far as the neighbors could tell.

Jericho could remember wanting to bite them, suck them dry, he had made the mistake of asking his father first.

His father had been dissapointed, and lectured him for hours about why they shouldn't change, why they shouldn't show themselves.

His father was ashamed of who they were, it occured to Jericho.

His father lay on the floor now, his hand lifted up as if that would protect him from the SS men. It burned to see this, knowing that his father could overpower them all with ease, suck them all dry and burn the bones. Who would deserve it better than the SS men?

His father didn't move.

Even in the camp his father's eyes stayed low, he didn't escape as he could, he didn't fight back as he should, he let the guards take him and use him. He let the guards murder him.

Jericho could imagine him being lead humbly out into the daylight, dying with his secret as the rays of sunlight boiled his flesh off. Jericho had flown away in the night, killing three guards who saw him.

He had spent the last years feasting off the unsure populace of the now communist half of Europe. Jericho had no politics, but it was easier to feed in the communist areas. Here men went missing for days and noone questioned, noone asked. Noone cared. Here a Vampire could feast.

And here a Vampire could scheme.

Jericho Jaroka
    Home town location: Kosice, Slovakia
    Base Level: Basement
    Funds: 1000 WC
    Weapons: A pistol and a knife
    Stockpile: nothing
    Henchmen: 5 Gypsie faithfuls
    Vehicles:
    Superhero level: 0
    Strength:0
    Speed/Agility: 0
    Endurence:0
    Powers
    Flight
    Research:
    Description: A Vampire Gypsy who escaped the concentration camps and blames his father for being ashamed of his Vampyrism. Is working on developing the full extent of his supernatural powers though he never learned of them from his parents. Kills people and drinks their blood. Self serving and selfish, but not necesarrily evil, if Vampires can be described that way.

-

"Someone is trying to upset the balance here, that is all that I can be sure of, the move against Stalin wasn't political, there are no clear sucessors, this was just a strike against the Soviet and all of the communists."

His henchman nodded from under the hood of his black robe, which he wore with leather gloves, a full mask over his face and head, it was hot, but the sun would have had murderous effect on him otherwise, Jericho and the others were clad in the same way.

"The communists have been good to us, people don't care when others go missing," The henchman kept nodding, "But chaos always promotes that even more."

Jericho grinned, his fangs showing.

His henchman did the same.

5. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

Hero Name : Norbit Carter-Smyth aka. Bobby Dazzler / Fe3333au
    Home town location: Sydney, Australia
    Base Level: Attic Garret
    Funds: 2000 WC
    Weapons: A pistol, a Silvered Boomerang and a Garrotte
    Stockpile: nothing
    Henchmen: 30 men, 2 women
    Vehicles: Red Cadilac Convertible
    Superhero level: 0
    Strength:0
    Speed/Agility: 0
    Endurance:0
    Powers: Sound Weapon 500/3000
    >Laser Eyes - (1) Short Range: Range of 20 feet
    Research:

---------------------

The tinny sound disturbs Bobby as he stares out at the epic landscape ... every flavour of red, purple, yellow, orange and brown ... the Outback

The sound is the evasive 'proper' voiced details of a news broadcast ...

"... Australia winning the match by 23 runs against the Kiwis ... and this just in, a special report from Fiona Childs ... "

a new voice ... sultry and school teacher sexy ...
    "Hello this is Fiona Childs ... the body of trucking magnate Mario Redding was found dead yesterday in the wreckage of his Melbourne factory, Redding has long been suspected to be associated in protection, illegal gambling and prostritution ... This brings the number of confirmed dead criminal personalities to 27 and span all Australian capital cities ..."

Bobby chuckles ... 40 actually, but who's counting ... the blood of 40 headmen ... sometimes assorted thugs and henchmen as well ... but who's counting ? ... Me that's who !!!

" ... The official police statement indicates that a massive nationwide investigation is taking place ... however unnamed sources within the police are suggesting that this vigilante action is quietly being supported by not only the public, but also elements within law enforcement ... "

Yes ! ... It's supprising that not only the 'paid' officers but many cops are supporting my efforts and turning a blind eye to the 'cleaning' process ... and those that join me are compensated ... the 1 rule !? ... No the 1 law !! ... Bobby Dazzler is King !!!!

"... The one connection between these actions is that a mysterious figure dressed in shimmering gold or silver has been reported in the area of many of the incidents ... this is Fiona Childs reporting ..."

Nice ... add some mystery ... I think you and me are going to have to meet Mizz Childs ... and now to work ...

Bobby turns around from his musings to see that the man has finished digging ...

"You done a baaad thing baby"
    "No !! ... No !! ... Noo !!"

A take off my glasses ... my helpers step back and turn their eyes ...

"I'm gonna have to look into your soul Sammy"
    "No ! ... Please No ! ... Noooooooooo"

Silence ... with a hint of BBQ in the air ... the helpers start to fill the hole ...

Spoiler Mod and Lurkers :

Bobby Dazzler orders are as follow:

Bobby Continues to direct his organisation to expand ... and now into the other cities of Australia

He controls the underworld activities of:
    Sydney - 80%
    Melbourne - 20%
    Brisbane - 10%
    Perth - 30%
    Adelaide - 30%
    Hobart - 30%
    Darwin - 40%

Taking over the Jazz and Music venues and running them in a legitimate manner.

Increase in henchmen, cash and equipment

Spending

Funds: 2000 WC

Legitimate Income from investments and Sheep Station (renamed Golden Dawn Pastoral)
    The profits are spent on maintaining support for the arts, science and rightwing politics

Illegal Income
    From drugs, protection, prostitution, gambling is channeled back into bribing the police and informers.
    > 200 WC buy more equipment

Political Contacts with Unions, Workers and Left Wing organisations
    >100 WC to establish a network of loyal people in these organisations
    >contacts are made
    >Ensures that Bobby Dazzler will kept aware of worker struggles, and also receives invitations to leftist functions

Special Soviet Contact
    >Uri, the Soviet Diplomat now knows that Bobby Dazzler is available to assist in any political endevour to change the Australian Government or maybe even spy for Soviets ... (I guess I will be PMed if any orders)

Training Facility - on the Sheep property Golden Dawn Pastoral
    >300 WC spent on infrastructure
    >Start to develop a training facility ... eventually to base ultra loyal, hightech assassin henchmen/women

Research
    >Sound, Accoustics, with the aim of creating an instrument (or a unit that can click into the sound loop), which will either mesmerise an audience or destroy through sonic vibration ...
    >Dazzler wants to possibly use the Pointing of the Bone magic in broadcast attack ...
    >But will settle for creating music which will sell heaps of recordings, but also instill good leftist subliminals into the audience ... mainly the young.
    >1400 WC

6. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

update? Cant die.

7. conehead234

conehead234 Braves on the Warpath

It's not dead, I just got busy all of a sudden, but I have the update all planned out, just need to write it.

8. EffingPrancer

EffingPrancer Chieftain

I would have been all pissed if this NES (which looks bamazing) died as soon as I get my cool Vampire Super-Person (I'm not sure which direction to take him in yet)

9. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

I know this is my favourite Nes at the moment i love the Superhero/Villain idea and its nice to have a more relaxed/funny Nes.

10. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Essence of Awesome

I absolutely love this concept, too. It's nice to get something unorthodox.

11. EffingPrancer

EffingPrancer Chieftain

Jericho dropped out of the nights sky, the lights burned in a house not too distant, close enough to walk.

Fangs presented themselves with his smile.

Jericho was tall, slender, dark. There was an almost deceptive handsomeness to him, his features sharp and well carved, a long trench coat swayed behind him with his long black hair.

Jericho Jaroka had come to call again, another family would fall tonight.

He lifted his foot to the door.

-

Leather gloves were gripped around her fathers neck as he began to go limp, the strangers face was dug into his neck, blood tricked down her father’s shirt onto the floor.

She was a brave girl… or was it just shock? She told herself she was brave.

Only twelve years old, brown hair, clear eyes. Her mother already had fainted, but little Ariel wouldn’t let herself drop to the floor.

She was a brave girl.

Her fathers pale corpse dropped to the floor.

The Vampire, Ariel had heard the stories, looked at her with an almost perplexed look as it, or maybe he, turned to her mother. He was civilized, sapping her of her blood, none of the awkward nude fumbling that the Russian soldiers had spent so much time on, Ariel didn’t know what it was, but it made her mother cry. There was no pain to her mother here. She was dead, her father was dead too. Ariel knew the tears would come later. She never suspected for a moment that she would die too. It, or was it he, would have killed her already. Wouldn’t he have?

The Vampire looked at her, still perplexed.

“You aren’t afraid of me?”

She shook her head as fiercely as she could.

He laughed, “Why not?”

“Someone will save me, some hero.”

He laughed even harder, “My dear, I wish you could only know that there are no heroes,” he bent down on his knees, his long coat sweeping out and around behind him, “the men who torment the bullies are still bullies themselves. The only good people are victims.”

She shook her head again, even more fiercely.

He laughed at her and stood up, tapping her gently on the head.

The Vampire walked out the door, leaving the blood on the floor.

-

She hurried down the street, there were no cinders, no ashes, the house was in perfectly fine condition, she wondered what the man had been talking about.

The morning sun was growing tall in the morning sky, and here she was charging out to the farm that the Daarovas ran, out in the middle of nowhere, not enough work for the communists to assign more than the family to.

She knocked on the door, it creaked open at the touch.

The girl, Ariel sat in the middle of the floor, whimpering.

Ariel looked up, and stopped her crying to see someone at the door.

The bodies of her parents lay about her, pale and dead, their blood spilt on the floor.

The woman from down the street vomited.

Ariel was there in a moment to help her up, “Who sent you?”

The woman looked to Ariel, “There was a man, dressed all in black from head to toe, not a drop of sunlight on him, he told me he had seen fires here last night.”

Ariel shook her head and let out a sad sort of snorting laugh.

“You’re a very brave girl.”

Ariel looked at the bodies of her parents, “They are in a better place.”

The woman smiled sadly, “So do you know the hero who sent me down here?”

Ariel frowned and looked at the woman, shaking her head.

“There are no heroes.”

12. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

The sound of boots pounding on pavement rang in the young man's ears. He stopped, panting, to catch his breath. Running boots.

Was that a peg leg?

No, it couldn't be.

The stomp of boots on concrete grew louder. The young man began to run again.

It didn't matter.

"Avast ye, scoundrel!"

The butt of an old pistol, heavy, solid wood, came down on the back of the young man's head. The criminal fell.

"Ye thought I didn't see ye a-plunderin' over on yon street, didn't ye? Ye thought ol' Steve the Pirate couldn't catch ye. BUT NO DEED ESCAPES THE EYES OF STEVE THE PIRATE! NO MAN CAN ESCAPE FROM STEVE THE PIRATE'S FURY! Yarr!"

The criminal tried to regain his senses. His head hurt like all hell. He wasn't sure where exactly he was, or why a guy in a pirate costume was yelling at him. He vaguely remembered shoplifting a pair of denim jeans from the clothing shop a few streets over.

"Not answerin' me, eh? Answer me this then, ye scurvy dog! Answer me this, ye wretched sea-rogue!"

With each "answer me this", the guy in the pirate costume kicked the young man on the sidewalk in the face. After the third kick in the face, the lad mustered up all the energy he could find, and all the clarity his clouded mind could manage.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, pirate dude! I'll return the jeans! Christ, I'll return the Godforsaken blue jeans! Please don't kill me!"

Steve the Pirate looked at the rogue at his feet and smiled a ruddy pirate smile.

"Kill ye? Shiver me timbers, I right well ought to kill ye! Dead men tell no tales. But dead don't return pillaged denim pants, either. Bring yer loot back to its rightful master, and ye won't suffer the terrible fate of those who cross Steve the Pirate. No be gone, you no-good scurvy seadog."

The young man got up off the sidewalk with every shred of energy in pirate-beaten body and ran, fast as he could, back to the store, where he immediately turned the denim pants over to a store employee. A salty dog had been taught a lesson about shoplifting he wouldn't soon forget about, and a merchant's goods had been protected. Steve the Pirate had saved the day once again. Garr!

13. EffingPrancer

EffingPrancer Chieftain

Looting in the name of justice?

Nice story Gm.

I want an update... I love this game....

14. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

:bump: update?

15. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

Update?!?!

16. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

bad news people, after talking to conehead on aim he told me that he will have to close this nes due to lack of time and since school is starting soon.

However, he promises to make a continuation of this nes 10 years from now when he gets time again.

This Nes Is Dead

17. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

I'm the richest ( i think)

I win! :p

18. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

AHHHH! But i have weapons of mass destruction... im so sad right now.... i was going to gas the dirty Capitalists...

19. JosefStalinator

JosefStalinator Я буду снова здесь

:cry::cry::cry:

This nes was great!

20. Toteone

Toteone Deity

Too bad, it was very comic(k?)y. :)