• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Conflict on Chiron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both planetary council and map exploration do not work.

The AI seems to know the whole map when i trade it. For me it just turns black again.

Never seen council votes. I am playing Gaians, not sure if i am a voting member right away.

Yes it is....and yes it gives planetary council, but where is the problem?!?:confused:

CoastLand and RiverSide dont turn zu black, Cities with Wonders also...

But i think you want, after discovery of Planetary Networks, the whole Map dont turn to black right?!?

Maybe i extend the code...

Ah, so that is the idea. I can send you my savegame, a picture is worth more than a 1000 words.

I see lots of cities not just the ones with a wonder. Riverside yes, coastal not always. I wonder if i see cities because they are next to a river not just because they are cities, since some cities are landlocked and are invisible.

Also the swarm has an orbital base and i can see it in FOW. Now that should be inviible aswell. It takes getting used to but i think i like the idea. Its harder to plan new cities though.

I have yet to see notifications for planetary voting. Either because i am not a member and dont know what is going on, or it just is not working right.

Ok I just finished playing a few " full games " on you're Mod and let me the 1st to tell you good job.

If your open to critical suggestions here is my 2 cents:

#1 I know this is intended but its super annoying that half the terrain you cant build the Mag Tubes on . Its annoying trying to move troops around with 1 movement almost to the point that there completely obsolete by anything like hover tanks or helicopters. Mag tube also isn't even in the data-links for improvements under improvements. It would be much more enjoyable and better if all the improvements but mountains of course could run build on them. Its not even realistic that it cant be build on any rocky terrain 500 years in the future but we can build super star destroyers?

#2 Nukes cost more then wonders? idk id say to be honest cut the cost of nukes in half at the very least and if you want interesting and realistic this is optional of course but for if possible for every land plot with fallout add the radiation plot ( since its in the mod anyway ) to simulate radiation from the fall out? Im also finding that the requirement Helium-3 is rare and most computers and humans have a hard time getting it. Maybe make it so nukes can be built with Helium-3 or Thorium making it much more accessible to both humans and computers.

#3 I noticed at some point in the game almost all the other civs go straight down environmental paths or at least the games ive played and making them easy to counter late game. Like sure they got some good worms and such but like going all down one path. Maybe this can be countered more by adding some code or making more requirements or certain tech.

#4 BIG ONE when the two aliens civs spawn late game are completely garbage. They get what 1 city? While everyone else has like 5 or 10? I noticed you make it so the cyborgs get any 3 civs techs because they start late game and that makes sense to kind of balance the civ cool but the aliens are just trash late game. Something needs to be done to give them some kind of advantage for starting so late game. Idk Some suggestions are maybe give them some ultra powerful late game units when they start or give them a bunch of colony pods and units with some super national wonders or building or palace that increase there tech,resource..ect by like 200-300% per city or something..... Something to bring them up to speed and make them interesting.

#5 Make some more techs have more pre req techs for at least some other techs or it just gets stupid. Literally one guy can almost go all the way without even picking up 1st tier tech. Make some of them pre require at least some other techs i mean i love how you can completely customize things but it just gets stupid at a certain point. Note end game this is done very well but early game in some situations its just dumb.

#6 I love the orbital spaceship things but i notice some of them at least the early ones get caught up in some mountains.

#7 I dont think i played a single game where the pirates were anything but the bottom score. Something needs to be done to balance them more. This was a problem originally in Aliens Crossfire 1999 but they did some tweaking before releasing it making them viable. Can I suggest they start out with at least a few sea pods maybe some units since the ocean land isn't exactly prime real estate or give them some kind of special building that maybe adds a resource for every water land or something making them more viable then the currently broken state that they are?

#8 The Building that's supposed to reduce the pollution per 25% of population doesn't work bro :(

#9 Going all the way in the original mod gave you an overpowered Leviathan. Now Yeah it was a little OP but reducing one of the funnest units from 30 to 14 end game where you're mod has more powerful end games units to begin with just sucks. Maybe reduce it from 30 to 22 or something. There only is one of them why make that 1 special unit fun unit no more special then any other unit?

#10 Is there anyway to prevent land units from attacking orbital units? Idk I noticed my space carriers kept getting hit. I dont mind them getting hit artillery for (50%dmg) but being flat out attacked by some guy firing a machine gun 32,000 feet in the air and hitting it is turning these defensive carriers very offensive against the computers.

#11 A lot well at decent amount of the data in the datalinks is missing If you want ill be happy fill in all the blanks if you want. Ill write a decent description of all the buildings, units, techs..ect missing information and send it via email.

#12 All the wonder movies come up blank which isn't the end of the world but idk why not throw a few pictures or at least a screenshot of the 3d version of the wonder on at least a image better then blank coming up.

#13 The data angels civ usually sucks. They usually don't even end up topping the espionage list too. Maybe start them out with 1 or 2 great spys to give them more of an edge?

#14 Lets make this game fun and add some events!

#15 Oh if you start out or switch to the aliens cross fire civs every time you click diplomacy of any other civs the automated message comes up please dont leave the drones need you. Every single time and its annoying to the point where I am discouraged from playing them altogether. I know that can be turned off but if you turn off the volume that turns that off you turn off a bunch of the other critical sounds like the war sound ..ect and you miss out on a bunch of stuff.

#16 Add more sound fx to the units attacking even if its a generic lazer beam sound adding something is better then nothing heck ill even give you some sound fx for some of the units if you want. Its so plain hearing nothing.

#17 Adding some more customized music for the eras or even generic would be nice. It just makes it more enjoyable when you're playing 500-600 turns and you're not listening to the same 1 track over and over maybe add a few space themed or whatever tracks. I can even help with that if you want.

There are a few minor bugs but those are the main ones that pissed me off. I'm no coder but id be willing to help with trouble shooting or ideas or helping fill in the data links or beta test anything. I really think this mod has a lot more potential then if some of the above are fixed or added. Anyways regardless if you take anything I said seriously or ignore me I would like to say so far what you have done is great :)

Ok I just finished playing a few " full games " on you're Mod and let me the 1st to tell you good job.

If your open to critical suggestions here is my 2 cents:

#1 I know this is intended but its super annoying that half the terrain you cant build the Mag Tubes on . Its annoying trying to move troops around with 1 movement almost to the point that there completely obsolete by anything like hover tanks or helicopters. Mag tube also isn't even in the data-links for improvements under improvements. It would be much more enjoyable and better if all the improvements but mountains of course could run build on them. Its not even realistic that it cant be build on any rocky terrain 500 years in the future but we can build super star destroyers?

I know that problem and i was also in the german forum asked "why you cant build the Mag Tubes on rocky terrain???"
But that is justified in BtS. Did I understand correctly that any improvements can be built on all terraintypes????

#2 Nukes cost more then wonders? idk id say to be honest cut the cost of nukes in half at the very least and if you want interesting and realistic this is optional of course but for if possible for every land plot with fallout add the radiation plot ( since its in the mod anyway ) to simulate radiation from the fall out? Im also finding that the requirement Helium-3 is rare and most computers and humans have a hard time getting it. Maybe make it so nukes can be built with Helium-3 or Thorium making it much more accessible to both humans and computers.

That's the idea behind the Planet Buster, it is a super weapon...and the resources to be able to build the have to be rare!
But there is an idea to add a building (National Wonder) that is unique in the city, wich produces the resource of thorium and helium.
Maybe the Planetbuster can be build with the Resource of Antimatter. Because it exists an Ántimatter refinery...

#3 I noticed at some point in the game almost all the other civs go straight down environmental paths or at least the games ive played and making them easy to counter late game. Like sure they got some good worms and such but like going all down one path. Maybe this can be countered more by adding some code or making more requirements or certain tech.

I noticed that too, and i hope i have fixed this little error...

#4 BIG ONE when the two aliens civs spawn late game are completely garbage. They get what 1 city? While everyone else has like 5 or 10? I noticed you make it so the cyborgs get any 3 civs techs because they start late game and that makes sense to kind of balance the civ cool but the aliens are just trash late game. Something needs to be done to give them some kind of advantage for starting so late game. Idk Some suggestions are maybe give them some ultra powerful late game units when they start or give them a bunch of colony pods and units with some super national wonders or building or palace that increase there tech,resource..ect by like 200-300% per city or something..... Something to bring them up to speed and make them interesting.

Mhmmm...I think they' have to start earlier, and they will get an extra Colony Pod...+ 1 free Networknode!

#5 Make some more techs have more pre req techs for at least some other techs or it just gets stupid. Literally one guy can almost go all the way without even picking up 1st tier tech. Make some of them pre require at least some other techs i mean i love how you can completely customize things but it just gets stupid at a certain point. Note end game this is done very well but early game in some situations its just dumb.

The Techtree should be more branched....right?!?

#6 I love the orbital spaceship things but i notice some of them at least the early ones get caught up in some mountains.

...:scan:

#7 I dont think i played a single game where the pirates were anything but the bottom score. Something needs to be done to balance them more. This was a problem originally in Aliens Crossfire 1999 but they did some tweaking before releasing it making them viable. Can I suggest they start out with at least a few sea pods maybe some units since the ocean land isn't exactly prime real estate or give them some kind of special building that maybe adds a resource for every water land or something making them more viable then the currently broken state that they are?

I thought i have solved the problem....but i musst work on it. I think 1 sea colo pod more at the start...

#8 The Building that's supposed to reduce the pollution per 25% of population doesn't work bro :(

Aha....

#9 Going all the way in the original mod gave you an overpowered Leviathan. Now Yeah it was a little OP but reducing one of the funnest units from 30 to 14 end game where you're mod has more powerful end games units to begin with just sucks. Maybe reduce it from 30 to 22 or something. There only is one of them why make that 1 special unit fun unit no more special then any other unit?

I dont like this unit...we will see....

#10 Is there anyway to prevent land units from attacking orbital units? Idk I noticed my space carriers kept getting hit. I dont mind them getting hit artillery for (50%dmg) but being flat out attacked by some guy firing a machine gun 32,000 feet in the air and hitting it is turning these defensive carriers very offensive against the computers.

Thats very interesting, normaly you should not able to attack Orbital Ships directly (moving Landunits on the plot of the orbital ship) but you can attack them with ranged fire...

#11 A lot well at decent amount of the data in the datalinks is missing If you want ill be happy fill in all the blanks if you want. Ill write a decent description of all the buildings, units, techs..ect missing information and send it via email.

You are employed!!!! :goodjob:

#12 All the wonder movies come up blank which isn't the end of the world but idk why not throw a few pictures or at least a screenshot of the 3d version of the wonder on at least a image better then blank coming up.

:lol: Do you have downloaded them...and put them in the Moviefolder???

#13 The data angels civ usually sucks. They usually don't even end up topping the espionage list too. Maybe start them out with 1 or 2 great spys to give them more of an edge?

i will deliberate somthing...

#14 Lets make this game fun and add some events!

:lol: Im working on it...

#15 Oh if you start out or switch to the aliens cross fire civs every time you click diplomacy of any other civs the automated message comes up please dont leave the drones need you. Every single time and its annoying to the point where I am discouraged from playing them altogether. I know that can be turned off but if you turn off the volume that turns that off you turn off a bunch of the other critical sounds like the war sound ..ect and you miss out on a bunch of stuff.

I will have a look, i hope i can fixed this bug...

#16 Add more sound fx to the units attacking even if its a generic lazer beam sound adding something is better then nothing heck ill even give you some sound fx for some of the units if you want. Its so plain hearing nothing.

That sounds good!

#17 Adding some more customized music for the eras or even generic would be nice. It just makes it more enjoyable when you're playing 500-600 turns and you're not listening to the same 1 track over and over maybe add a few space themed or whatever tracks. I can even help with that if you want.

:goodjob:

There are a few minor bugs but those are the main ones that pissed me off. I'm no coder but id be willing to help with trouble shooting or ideas or helping fill in the data links or beta test anything. I really think this mod has a lot more potential then if some of the above are fixed or added. Anyways regardless if you take anything I said seriously or ignore me I would like to say so far what you have done is great :)

Thanks a lot, this is the kind of feedback i need to made this mod better an better!!!:goodjob: I would appreciate of your support.

Perhaps some of you have noticed that the two new Civs had a bug with their farms,
in the advanced eras, and the farms were no longer visible. This bug was fixed.

Games technically the following is more important:

Factions under the "Civic" Hybrid gets, for every new build flamethrower Unit the free Promotion adv. Hypnotic trance.
I think this could be the benefit for factions under hybrid im looking for.

3. Update II - 11.4.2012

...more Changes ...

Spoiler :

Python

Python

> Promotion adv. Hypnotic Trance with Hybrid Civic for:

> Flamenthrower +

> Plasmathrower +

> Hyperion +

> Helion +

Trait

> Awoken -25% Less experience needed for promotion +

Aliens

> +1 Colony Pod at start +

> +2 Alien Trooper at start +

> + Start tech Industrial Automation +

Pirates

> +1 Sea Colonypod at Start +

Angel

> free promotion ECM +

> Bio Reactor

+1 Energy from Jungle +

New Civs Awoken / Swarm

> Farm Bug fixed + (now visible)

> Awoken +

> Swarm +

> appropriate faction buildings assigned +

> appropriate HQ assigned +

Bunker

> Can now also get the particle cannon promotion +

Fungus

> -0,5 Planet +

Ice

> Gives freshwater +

Not buildable anymore in Orbital Base

> Hunter +

> Transportsschip +

> Aquaforrmer +

> Sea ColonyPod +

> SeaColonyPod Pirates +

As are other naval vessels +

Ok im back and beta testing everything.

Yeah so far from what I have found is Only the Consciousness Civ is the only civ where when you open dip with any other civ everytime says " Please don't go the drones need you "

Continuing Beta testing..

Yeah confirmed only civ that does that is Consciousness

Yeah not space carrier is the one getting attacked by land units but cloud base.

Also putting together that sounds list for all the units. It's taking a lot longer then expected.

Ok 5 hours later im done all sound fx for all units and fresh soundtrack. I'll email it to you Monald

Wow...faster as i thought! I hope you have not, as we say in german, everything turned on its head! :)

Edit. Im waiting of your mail...:coffee:

Having technical problems says it wont let me email a file over 25MB so im putting it on this MSN Skydrive thing one second

Ok sent!

If you could add those sound FX, the new update and all the wonders in 1 solid link that would be great ( If possible). Just makes it a lot easier.

Oh yeah if you could post the actual download links on the english page instead of having us all goto the german site that would be great too. I know it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where the download is on the german page but I dont see why it can't also be on the english page? It just makes it a lot less confusing for us english folk. I mean a prime example was I completely missed the wonder movies because most of the page is in german. Being able to download everything while staying on the english page would be super cool.

This is all just my 2 cents tho.

Anyways ill update the datalink missing information soon.

If you could add those sound FX, the new update and all the wonders in 1 solid link that would be great ( If possible). Just makes it a lot easier.

You mean the new sounds and the Wonder Movies (in one File)?!?!
That could be a big downloadfile...

Anyways ill update the datalink missing information soon.

You have time..:)

Thanks for all your work.:goodjob:

EDIT: I like some Units sounds...the fighter Sound...ayea...the empire needs you!!!

Yeah even if it is a big file it would be a lot easier on everyone. I mean single big files have never discouraged anyone from downloading a mod if anything its encouraging because usually the bigger the file the more content ppl think there is. When ppl have to download 1 main file then 4 separate wonder files then an update file then possible a sound fx file that's 1,2,3,4,5, 6 files it becomes discouraging. Yeah 1 file is the way to go bro.

As for the sounds thanks it probably took me a good 6 hours to do them I had actually download Civ 2 and 3 and a bunch of mod sound fx files to get what I needed. Finding some of the files was hard especially the AT-AT and AT-AD. Apparently Lucus Arts owns the rights to those sounds and keeps them under lock and key. I mean you can goto there website http://www.starwars.com/play/online-activities/soundboards/ and get the sounds easily but they wont let you exact the sounds :( Only play around with them while you're on there website like a big tease :( Even if you email "share it" to yourself or a buddy it only emails a link of what you did so they have to go to that website if you want the sounds it was really frustrating for me :(

Anyways Let me know if there is anything else I can help with or do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom