Conquest 06: First Spoiler

Alan, which Mapstat calculates QSC scores? There are so many versions.

The one in Dianthus' CRpSuite. He and ainwood have collaborated on getting his calculation to match the one we use for the published results. I believe there are still some small differences in tech valuations, but CRpSuite should give you a pretty good idea. As Akots says, we only look at it at 1000 BC for the QSC. Any other saves you try to submit should be rejected.

Thanks. :)
It gives a QSC score of 7848 for my COTM#6 game, is that any good?
(In COTM#4 it gives me a QSC score of 10726.)
The number of tiles is slightly different from my own count.
It also says that Lisbon has a 0.000% chance to flip to Spain (phew!). Lagos is listed as well (0.010%) but none of the other towns.
There is a proper pollution warning (Rio Janeiro - volcano erupted) but the number of polluted tiles that the table shows is not stable, it went from 1 to 3 to 6 while I was looking elsewhere.
A pity that there is no tech tab.

Hannabir said:
Thanks. :)
If that was your 1000 BC score then I would strongly suggest you should have submitted it.
(In COTM#4 it gives me a QSC score of 10726.)
The highest 1000BC score registered for that game was SirPleb's 8446 so that is a high score compared with those that were entered. I'm sure we'd all like to see how your QSC results are made up.
The number of tiles is slightly different from my own count.
It also says that Lisbon has a 0.000% chance to flip to Spain (phew!). Lagos is listed as well (0.010%) but none of the other towns.
There is a proper pollution warning (Rio Janeiro - volcano erupted) but the number of polluted tiles that the table shows is not stable, it went from 1 to 3 to 6 while I was looking elsewhere.
A pity that there is no tech tab.
You'll have to discuss these issues with Dianthus.

I posted my timelines in the spoiler threads. That is really the important thing, I love to read all the different approaches and see how they work out, especially the more extravagant ones (which typically do not score highest). :)

My QSC score of COTM#6 breaks down as follows:

Production 690 (palace, 3 granaries, 3 harbors, 1 library, Colossus)
Diplomacy 280 (7 contacts)
Cities 1376 (12 towns (2 larger than 6), 154 tiles (my count, MapStat says 149))
Population 875 (35 heads, all happy)
Units 1095 (7 Workers, 1 Scout, 1 Warrior, 2 Galleys (1 vet), 1 Curragh)
Techs 3532 (all AA techs except Monarchy; Monotheism, Engineering)
Total 7848 (319 gold, 126 food, 245 shields - not sure where to put those)

I have some doubts though whether everything is calculated correctly. Those few units do not seem worth 1095 points, for instance.
Techs seem to count very heavily.

Hannabir said:
154 tiles (my count, MapStat says 149)
I checked your screenshot. My guess is that you are including five sea tiles in your tile count. I don't think the QSC terrritory count includes these, as I believe it uses the same metric as the domination territory rules - land and coast only.

You were probably only a day late, if that, to post your QSC for this game. Here's what I do to save work (I am fundamentally lazy) - write a reasonable timeline for the spoiler - yours is fine, then copy/paste the first 80 turns of it into a text document to submit as your QSC timeline. I actually use 'View source' on the spoiler page, and copy/paste my post as html. That way you get the pictures as well.

Hannabir said:

I submit QSC only once in my first game (may be Gotm24). Later I didn't write timeline because it is to boring. I play not fast and timeline can make my game endless. But may be I simply lazy. :blush:

In Cotm6 I got 7542 according MapStat and can say: Your Score is Good! :goodjob:

Hannabir said:
Production 690 (palace, 3 granaries, 3 harbors, 1 library, Colossus)
Diplomacy 280 (7 contacts)
Cities 1376 (12 towns (2 larger than 6), 154 tiles (my count, MapStat says 149))
Population 875 (35 heads, all happy)
Units 1095 (7 Workers, 1 Scout, 1 Warrior, 2 Galleys (1 vet), 1 Curragh)
Techs 3532 (all AA techs except Monarchy; Monotheism, Engineering)
Total 7848 (319 gold, 126 food, 245 shields - not sure where to put those)
Improvements (your 'Production') go into the city and territory score.
Gold, shields and food in stock are counted as your 'Base' score, and I call them 'Product' in the results tables.
35 happy faces is impressive!

AlanH said:
35 happy faces is impressive!
Not sure if this is the case or not, but one of the earlier QSC forms of scoring gave you 5 points for each Happy Citizen! In the ensuing discussion it was pretty much decided that at 1000 BC people would set their Lux% to 100 to make all (or nearly all) citizens happy, save the file for QSC submittal, then reset their percentages and play on.

Top Bottom