1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Conquest of the World

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by Quintillus, Apr 2, 2007.

1. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Huh, I thought Winston Churchill was Prime Minister there in World War II!

2. Dezzilisk

Dezzilisk THIS GUY.

Yay got my new month for the net so ive just read all the updates since christmas, :goodjob:

You should raze that korean city in revenge.:mischief:

3. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

That'd take an awful lot of :spear:'s! Their Infantry are doing well enough, the last thing we need is Spearmen.

At least I've got considerable megalomanical company in failing to capture Britain in the past 941 years. We'll be back, though. Not sure an army will come next, but if it keeps up like this too much longer Modern Armor will arrive on the scene.

Is there really something that bad about failing to destroy Britain? Sure it's a relatively small island, but it's a pretty strong one, too.

It's not the city that's causing a problem, it's the defenders. We're benevolent conquerers, so unless the city revolts (or a very large number of cities from that nation have already revolted) we don't raze it.

Besides, we could use the Furs that Pyonsong will provide immediately. It's the only luxury we lack.

4. Dezzilisk

Dezzilisk THIS GUY.

Tsk tsk, greed disguised as Benevolence:) , what Govt. are you in atm?

5. Quintillus

I'm in Monarchy.

6. choxorn

He's been in Monarchy since chapter 2.

7. D0NIMATRIX

D0NIMATRIX Full of drivel

Furs always elude me in games, they're in the stupid tundra most of the time, and looking there for any extended period of time makes you want to just rinse out your eyes.

8. Quintillus

1993 AD -

:sad: The defence of Britain must have made the Koreans think they could resist us elsewhere as well, despite our earlier victories. We'll just have to show them that they are mistaken.

One more Settler coming right up...

We then return to the English front, starting at Liverpool.

That was easy. York, west of Liverpool, is the next victim of my advance.

Alcibiades easily defeats an Infantry, and a Pikeman remians in garrison, taunting him for not having enough movement points to take the city.

Unable to advance further against England, we turn to Sardica, a city Persia captured from the Byzantines awhile back.

That was a big reward coming from a small town. Another Modern Armor army in a few turns!

Tlacopan is next. Our Cannons do no damage, but the Radar Artillery has moderate success. We'll have to depend on the tanks.

The first one is destroyed without inflicting any damage. This isn't looking good. The second is turned back without inflicting any damage. This is going worse than Britain. Maybe this is why American never took Tlacopan.

The third one gets turned back without inflicting any damage, too! Apparently it wasn't just American incompetance after all - these guys are good. I decide to wait until next turn to continue the attack, when I'll have fresh reinforcements from Australia. Tlacopan is turning out to be just as good at defence as Great Britain

1993 IBT -

Hwach'a vs. Battleship. The sad thing is, the Battleship can't do anything to the Hwach'a.

The Aztecs attack a Tank with a Guerilla and get just as destroyed as my Tanks did on their attack. That's one less defender to worry about.

A Mayan attack on Chichen Itza destroys a Tank, but does not take the city. We'll make sure we reinforce it with Mechanized Infantry next turn.

1994 AD - We hit another milestone - 100 tons of pollution!

On the plus side, we didn't reach that milestone as quickly as we thought we would.

The first thing on our agenda this turn is to sink a Mayan Galleon that wandered a bit too close to two of our Battleships.

It's a dangerous world, as that ship learned all too well.

Our bombardment of Tlacopan goes exactly as it did last turn - not a promising sign. To shake things up a bit, we attack with an Infantry Army rather than a Tank to begin the battle.

It is a close battle, but my Infantry prevail in the gritty combat that is machine gun on submachine gun combat. The most elite defenders of Tlacopan have fallen, and we hope that with this our Tanks can finally start to gain some leverage.

9. Quintillus

Much better! The first Tank wins, and even the second one, which gets destroyed, shows improvement by knocking one hitpoint off the defending Infantry.

The third Tank also wins, and it now looks feasible that Tlacopan may fall this turn. Tank #4 loses, but redlines what appears to be the last Infantry. A Flak remains, so another Tank is sent in.

It also loses. The Infantry Army did help us get off the ground, but we sure aren't flying smoothly yet. Fortunately we still have another Tank to send in.

Good and bad news. The good news is we won. The bad news is they've got more guys. We order the first Tank that was sent in back into battle.

It gets promoted to Elite, and reveals no more new troops! Unfortunately, a couple American Infantry are blocking the railroad from Central America.

It consequently takes a whole movement point to move from our airport in Teotihuacan to North America, leaving us with two redlined Tanks and our Infantry Army to attack with. But we can't just let Tlacopan sit there with one defender daring us to attack, so we send the Infantry back in.

:woohoo: Our army got redlined - all the way down to one hitpoint - but won! The legendary resilience of Tlacopan was not enough to deny us J.S. Bach's!

Moving east, a Battleship spots an injured Korean Destroyer and Transport, likely beat up in a battle with America, whose own modern fleet has been nearly eliminated.

We take the pleasure of destroying the Destroyer and send the Battleship that was Hwach'a'ed last turn out to finish the Transport while the frontrunning Battleship chases some Persians we saw before the IBT.

We're still waiting for another invasion of Britain. We have a Transport full of Marines near enough to invade from sea, but we need those guys to take Iceland - can't have the whole transport destroyed on the landing beaches of Britain.

England, however, is going to take quite a hammering this turn. Nottingham is first.

Then London, preceded by a slight Bomber blitz, which leaves the Brits with only a Pikeman in defence!

Oh, make that two pikemen. Like it really matters against our army of Tanks!

Then comes York.

I didn't even both with the Radar Artillery since I was facing Pikemen.

And then Newcastle.

Once again the second defender was a Pikeman. How poor can you get, still using Pikemen in your army in 1994? And these weren't ceremonial pikemen, either, they were a good quarter of the English army.

At this point we're out of cities to take this turn, and I'm really wishing our deal with Babylon expired in 1995 instead of 1996. We're sending waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much force towards the last English city in Asia.

And you can't even see the 35 Radar Artillery within range of the city from that screenshot...

1994 IBT - America and Korea make peace, and soon afterwards five Korean Destroyers and two Transports head towards the British Isles. Looks like my Battleships will be in for a battle. Meanwhile, the Transport we'd planned to attack next year escapes into a harbour in Scotland, and a Sumerian Galleon also approaches one of our Battleships. All of a sudden there's far too many naval targets!

Babylon founds a city in Siberia where our razing of a Korean city had left a gap. It'll be a short-lived city.

America finally makes some progress against the Maya, taking the city of Bonampak in the Canadian forest-tundra. With a 110-25 troop advantage it's about time they start taking some cities.

The Hittites, too, make progress, as Ollantaytambo falls in South America. The Inca are down to three cities in South America

10. D0NIMATRIX

Let's see a world map after this turn!:lol:

11. oneperson

oneperson Crazy in a box!

You posted that last post twice.

Oh yeah, and you rock :).

12. choxorn

How can the Inca make progress in South America if their city falls to the Hittites?

And Yeah, the World must look different!

EDIT: It seemed he fixed the double-post bug by putting the first part in the second post, the second part in the third post, and used the first post to answer somebody's question.

13. Quintillus

None of the small outlying areas I labeled last time have changed hands. The Aztecs did sneak a city in British Columbia, and the Babylonians in Siberia.

Thanks!

It's no longer double posted. Originally there were two posts between the first part of part 78 and the second part and it just didn't look fluid enough, so I had to fix it. The forum started moving really slowly while I was doing it, and the end result was a double post for several minutes.

The Inca making progress was a typo. They certainly aren't making progress.

14. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

hmm have you tried using the world map from the military advisor, i think its bigger? Don't think it will be too drastic of change, just curious. :)

15. Headbanger

Headbanger Chieftain

Going to run england off the continent next turn? How long till own spain?

16. Tasslehoff

Tasslehoff Kender

:dubious: :wow: :eek: :faint:

Why, oh why are you sending in 5 armies that could be used smashing the Korean Brits!?

They must fall! Bwahahahahaha!!!

17. Dezzilisk

Dezzilisk THIS GUY.

Its siberia, however long it takes tanks to run over trees.:goodjob:

18. D0NIMATRIX

I dislike the tan and blue-green stains in South America, Green must dislodge them.:evil:

As to how the Babylonians got a Siberian colony, I'll never understand.

19. Headbanger

Headbanger Chieftain

Can you post this map again? I'm a lazy, lazy man.

20. choxorn

Probably, Quint has an RoP with them.