Conquest of the World

Quint you have to update your downloadable stories thread with all the new chapters. I was only able to read to 30 on my 12 hour drive to Phoenix over vacation.:(

Even though I've already read it, it's the best Civ-story ever, and I'd read it thrice.:goodjob:

I'll look into updating that. I wasn't sure if anyone was downloading them so I hadn't put any new sections together for awhile. Might be awhile, though - don't have much free time left.

Hey, the ol' smileys are back... :) ;) :(

They are?

1998 AD - Strangely enough, the Hittites did not attack at all last turn. So we advance.

Bursa falls quite easily, so we go on to Edrine.

Two for two! It's but a small fraction of the Hittite troops we have defeated, but we have now conquered all of the original Ottoman territory. The distances to the remaining Hittite cities are too great even for Modern Armor, so we merely advance to strike them next turn.

Babylon will not be so lucky to have until next turn to prepare a defence. The city of Babylon itself it being attacked this turn.

Nineveh is also attacked, by three armies. It has many poor defenders, but that is not enough, and it too falls.

With a shiny new Modern Armor, we then attack Eulbar in the western Sahara.

Their defenders are good, but not good enough. Eulbar is destroyed. Babylon is left with one city, Akkad, in western Africa.

Korea is next on the list for this turn - at Vilcabamba. A Transport recently brought Ulysess there, and now the city is to be ours.

Ulysess does well, but Korea's fourth defender denies him the city. It's unlikely that will occur again next turn, though.

1998 IBT - The Hittites launch a counterattack on Bursa.

It fails.

Renew the peace treaty? Not today. We enter war with Spain. :ar15:

Oh no! We're terrified! Not really. The Inca are far too busy with the Hittites to even think about actually attacking us. It's actually kind of nice - now our diplomats are almost all retired, since we're at war with the entire world less America.

The Inca are doing so poorly against the Hittites in fact, that Cuzco has fallen. Apparently that's why the Hittites weren't attacking me.

America also expanded last turn, taking the city of Calakmul, in northern Canada, from the Mayans. Their progress remains slow, but at least it is noticeable now .

WOW! i have been following this thread for a long time but i just joined CFC
so i can post now:),anyway this is one of the best stories about civ
ever!!:cool:

Welcome to CFC! [party] I can't tell you how many times this has been said in this thread. :rolleyes:

I just started reading the other day and just now finished part 22. Excelent story so far. Most people say they prefer the literary Civ stories, but personally, I enjoy actual retellings of games much more. Anyway, keep up the good work. Will there be a sequel?

Welcome to CFC, civdude! [party]

Chox's right... it Has been said a lot.

And nice pic Chox, but how come you haven't reached another continent yet?

Looks like a map thats player made, judging by the same ammount of units in each city, the exactly 1 pop in each city, and that there are no improvements other than roads anywhere.:lol:

Yep, I made that map for the sole purpose of taking that screenshot, and possibly some future screenshots. I even renamed Alexander to Quintillus. :D

Mac may be more reliable, but Windows gets more features!

And that's Industrial Greece- I made both of them start at the end of the Middle Ages (And he got a free tech)

YAY WINDOWS! anyway cool pic choxorn.

*Energy Swords Tasslehoff*

Windows Editor>Mac Nothing :p

Top Bottom