Conquest of the World

Won't nukes ruin his reputation?

Who cares?:lol:
It's fun to see stuff go boom.

Sure, you can use it.

If it was the stone age, they wouldn't have muskets, would they?

They wouldnt have any of that stuff in the stone age :lol:

Or did they?
:shifty:

"Conquest of the universe", eh?

That would be cool, like playing on different maps you find online for different planets, and then the story can go on forever!

Yes! 42 modern armor roaming the countryside. Nice.

Well, most of them are actually on city defence duty, but there's a few roaming the countryside.

Been slogging through 80 chapters over the course of about 3 days... my head hurts

Still at least I'm able to subscrbe to this now, even if most of the action does appear to be over- mind you, you never know what might happen in the Americas

Welcome to the story! America might do a bit of damage, and probably will destroy quite a few Modern Armor in defence, but I'm afraid the action is mostly over. Never know though, America might patch up relations with Sumeria and trade for Marines and Flight, and - if Sumeria gets there in time - Tanks. I doubt that will happen though.

Doesn't that American Worker's insolence want to make you launch a nuke or two at Texcoco? Yes... Press the button. You know you want to... :nuke: :evil:

You really want to see nukes, don't you? Even though they're entirely unnecessary.

Yay! Great updates. That conquest of the universe would be VERY interesting. Hey... that would be an interesting world map. Okay, anyway, I think there are slightly over 50 turns left (if that is the limit), so considering the rate at which Quint captures, I think the world could be conquered. Um.. . also, I think a request for a save file was made. That would be pretty cool. I mean, I don't want Quint to fell pressured to do this, but it would be cool... ;)

We're at the beginning of 1998 IIRC, so 52 turns left. I think we'll have everything conquered by then, especially since we've already made good progress on the islands.

I'll eventually post a save file, but with the game near the end I don't want to post one too close to the present year.

Don't you mean exciting :ar15:, warmongering :ninja:, agressive :evil:, misanthropic :scared:, tyranical :whipped:, super-advanced :scan:, sencient beings? Is that even posible on a computer? :rolleyes:

Preferably benevolent aliens. Sentient is fine, super-advanced is fine, we just don't want to be destroyed.

Who cares?:lol:
It's fun to see stuff go boom.

The Greeks are a highly honourable people, and will not nuke people for no reason. Furthermore, nuclear strikes would tarnish the lands we will one day control, and we do not want that. Our environmental record is not great, but we will not intentionally do permanent damage.

"It's called a metaphor, kids" (to semi-quote a line from Civ 4 BtS; Afterworld.)

Anyway,

Don't you mean exciting :ar15:, warmongering :ninja:, agressive :evil:, misanthropic :scared:, tyranical :whipped:, super-advanced :scan:, sencient beings? Is that even posible on a computer? :rolleyes:

No. That would be the EWAMTSAS Program. It just doesn't roll of the tongue like the SETI Program. Seti. Setti. Setty.

And it's sentient :p

The Greeks are a highly honourable people, and will not nuke people for no reason. Furthermore, nuclear strikes would tarnish the lands we will one day control, and we do not want that. Our environmental record is not great, but we will not intentionally do permanent damage.

Boom not happen? Make D0MINATRIX mad. He like boom.:gripe:

Nukes, at this point, would be sheer overkill. no Tactical or strategic use would be worth the secondary damage they would cause.
now, if he is going to ruin his reputation before the end of the game, I would recommend a right of passage Sneak attack on America, moving troops into position and sneak attacking while the RoP was still in effect with America.
that would be the most effective way to spend his reputation this near the end of the game.

still, overkill is fun sometimes. ^_^ KABOOOM!!!

Yeah, they lost the santa hats a few days ago.

I don't really care about using nukes, but I agree that using overkill is fun, or I wouldn't have turned China into a desolate wasteland with them in my story, or nuked Chichen Itza.

Water tiles cannot be polluted, as it would be impossible to clean them up (there really should be water pollution, though, and a sea unit that can clean it up). You can pollute them in the editor though, as proven by CivRulesAll.

And I demand you give me credit for that quote in your sig! :p

Yeah, I think so. Wait, Er, no. Well, there was that one time...

Okay, so the Civ 4 team quoted that from EWAMTSAS what-it.

Sentient, Sencient. Potato, Potahto.:D

Hey, the ol' smileys are back... :) ;) :(

This is the funniest and most random post I have EVER seen at CFC, and if I knew how to single post stuff I would link to it in my signature.:lol:

Hey, if I remember correctly Spain controls the New World side of the Bering strait. I say destroy them/ RoP them/ or whoever is there, get transports up there, and just send them across the pacific at that point. Within a few turns you should get all your armies landed in mayan alaska to get a beach head and continue conquest.

In my games, I always try to find the narrowest ocean between two points for transport purposes. It makes things go faster.

That would be cool, like playing on different maps you find online for different planets, and then the story can go on forever!

Yep lets just make Quintillus play the same game forever until he is old and grey slaving on the story for our amusement :lol:

I have played a couple of nuke overkill games out in the past. It just gets boring. In a couple of them I'd accidently built about 40+ nukes and had enough to hit every AI city a couple of times as well as all their resources, as a first strike with more nukes in production. Followed them up with transports laden with modern armour and workers. After that it was just a matter of airlifting. Fun for the first couple of times, then it got boring.

This is CONQUEST, he'll kill Spain. And yeah, rush some transports over there. You can get that Korean city in Alaska too, and later, wipe out the English, Aztecs, Persians, Koreans, and possibly Hittites in the space of a few turns!

This is the funniest and most random post I have EVER seen at CFC, and if I knew how to single post stuff I would link to it in my signature.:lol:

Err, your welcome? And to link to singles, just click on the post number in the upper right corner, in this case, it's #1115. So go right ahead and link it, so long as you give me credit. :D

choxorn, I do give you credit. :D

You know, Qu, that you haven't had omnipresent peace since before you decided to crush the French, and even then you had a war you were finishing.
And to think that the next time your game will see peace is when the whole world is a nice lime green...and you get all the credit!

To whom do we credit these credits rolling by?

Who the f*** is Stormrage? I'm choxorn!

Yes, it's cool. I'll go call off that Spec Ops Elite attack that was heading towards you. :mischief:

Top Bottom