Conquests and PTW in the same game

ScipioAfricanus

Chieftain
To confirm...both Conquests and PTW allow multiplayer games. Also, as far as the other features of the games, the units, tribes etc...In a multiplayer game, if one person has PTW and the other has Conquests, can the person playing with PTW use items from Conquests and vice versa?

Totius vobis frontem tabernae sopionibus scribam

no, if one person has PTW, and another C3C, then they have to play by the PTW rules

Otherwise it would be a bit unfair gaining all the Conquests content just by playing online!:mad:

yes

The fan scenarios from PtW won't be in C3C.

True, true :(

OTOH, you can easily get any of those on the web.

Originally posted by kring
The fan scenarios from PtW won't be in C3C.
Of course, if you pre-order it, you'll get the best of them with the bonus CD, anyway.

Most of the Play the World Scenarios were incomplete at best, so its not a big deal. The only problem is for people with slow connections (they might want to pre-order Conquests)

Originally posted by Conditional Zenith
If I have PTW and am planning to get Conquests, should I try and sell PTW?

You could try.

HA, now I don't feel like a complete idiot for not buying PTW. Patience pays off I guess!

Originally posted by Zoke0
HA, now I don't feel like a complete idiot for not buying PTW. Patience pays off I guess!
No it doesn´t. We who bought PTW could enjoy a year more of exelent civin. If it wasn´t for PTW I properly wouldn´t be playing today.

Exactly. Now you'll be trounced by the people used to playing online. You'll be used to playing against a dumb computer....

MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Zoke0

Not in the least. For a very small amount of money a year ago, those of us who bought PTW have played an enhanced version of Civ3 for a year. Easily worth the price in my opinion. In fact, I wouldn't have 'not played' PTW and gone back to only playing vanilla Civ3 permanently if someone offered me $50.

I think it was a good idea for Firaxis to do this though, because now most people that were foolishly detracted by the negitive reviews made by most websites (i.e. me) who didn't buy the game, then because of disappointment in the game stopped playing. So now I have a chance to get back into it and get the whole thing anyway.

As for the whole year extra of game improvements, the whole year I didn't play the game anyway, so any improvements wouldm't have ment anything. There's being killed online, ha, it doesn't matter if I train for three decades or pick up the game I'll still play the same and that's... horriable. I have a bad trend of being bad online.

Why I used the word patience though, I have no idea, oh yeah, I was being rushed off the computer, stupid mistake didn't mean to offend anyone.

the worst is to buy the US civ3 game and the french PTW game... they can't work together... :( that's what i did... so i'm waiting for the US version of C3C...

Top Bottom