Conquests Beta Patch Now Available

Originally posted by Gogf
Once I download the patch, will it affect the games of mine I started in version 1.00, and 1.02?

Thanks for posting this everyone!

My overall corruption in a continued game went way up. The FP city was extremely corrupt as were the cities around it.

As a test, i abandoned the FP city. This showed that the FP is working, since it made 'everything' worse. However, the FP is not acting as a second palace should. Corruption is only reduced, not eliminated in that city.

Overall... pre 1.12 has less corruption.

Don't want to be a partytrasher, but with the new patch I already experienced two crashes:

1) As a world seed I tried my birthday (13111975) and the game crashed back to the desktop.
2) When I reloaded a 1.00 game after pressing F3 the game crashed to the desktop.

Possible fixes:
1) Perhaps the seed was to high
2) Don't load 1.00 games with the new patch

Greetz Jurimax

Originally posted by Chieftess

Try a new game. It's very well possible that the old save data could be "corrupt" now.

Yes, this very well could be the case and is why i am not complaining, only stating observations ;)

I am going to continue the game as a 1.00 and wait for others to report on the patch for new games. If reports are positive, then i will start a new one as 1.12

Not to harp on anyone, but keep in mind this is a BETA patch, and thus we should expect some problems. We all get to be beta testers, in a way, so perhaps we should start a sticky thread soon with bugs from the patch. ALready the one with Jurimax entering his birthday in the random seed and it crashing seems to be one (if it can be reproduced on another machine) Anyways, my 2 cents!

Originally posted by Jurimax

1) As a world seed I tried my birthday (13111975) and the game crashed back to the desktop.

:hmm:
For birthdays and alike, maybe the game likes the month/day/year format better...
:D

Um... If I'm in a succesion game started without the patch, what would happen if I loaded it with the patch? Ruin to file for everyone? Is there a way to load it without the patch?

Um... If I'm in a succesion game started without the patch, what would happen if I loaded it with the patch? Ruin to file for everyone? Is there a way to load it without the patch?

Probably best not to apply the patch or to make 2 installations, 1 for each version.

The easy way is to do the following:

1. PRIOR to patching, create a folder called 'Release' in the Conquests root folder <civilization III\conquests\>.

2. COPY all of the root files (NO FOLDERS!) into 'Release'

3. In the 'Release' folder create a folder called 'Text'

4. Copy the contents of the Text Folder (conquests root folder\text\) into the 'Release\Text' folder

5. Install the Patch

6. In the Conquests root create a folder called 'Patch'

7. Perform Steps 2-4 but use the 'Patch' folder in place of 'Release'

6. To switch between them Enter the folder for the version you want to use, then press

Ctrl-A (select All),
Ctrl-C (Copy Selected)
Backspace (Go Back a folder)
Ctrl-V (Paste Stored)

7. Say 'Yes to All' at the Overwrite message.

8. Repeat steps as necessary to switch between versions.

I will verify the answer to the SAVES question, but I believe you must start a New Game.

Also, I'm trying to post individual language versions but its not as easy at it should be! Hopefully they will be available tomorrow.

Happy Holidays!!

Jesse

Jesse, alot of players(including me) are having problems with the install. There is a conflict with igl.dl. I solved it by closing out every running app and it worked then. There must be some other program that uses this, any ideas?

CS

Is it just me or am I the only one who has messed up labels in the game?

Things like "shift Up" (when you have a long list of units) becomes "Are you sure you want to exit game" or the like. The bottom right text where it would say "democracy" or whatever is also messed up.

I just downloaded this patch to 'My Documents'... Uhm, where should I put this patch? In the Conquests folder? Together with scenario, blablabla...?

Sorry to sound so technologically ignorant...

Thanx a lot, Firaxis!

I wont have time to download and test the patch in the next few days. To all you testers out there: Please keep the rest on us posted on whether the patch actually fixes the problems (most importantly: corruption).

Happy holidays to everyone, btw

There are two bugs that bothered me:

-The FP / corruption bug
-the PBEM cheat bug (load opponents turn from a solo game)

The 2nd has not even been addressed. I was called fixed in PTW1.21 or so, but it is not.

The FP bug, according to Watorrey, wasn't fiexed either:
My overall corruption in a continued game went way up. The FP city was extremely corrupt as were the cities around it.

As a test, i abandoned the FP city. This showed that the FP is working, since it made 'everything' worse. However, the FP is not acting as a second palace should. Corruption is only reduced, not eliminated in that city.

Overall... pre 1.12 has less corruption.

The offered solution 'start a new game', won't help for my already started c3c PBEMs.

Thanks for nothing

And the show goes on:

A new test, done in a 1.12 started game, shows us the FP corruption bug is simply not fixed at all.

Originally posted by Stapel
There are two bugs that bothered me:

-The FP / corruption bug
-the PBEM cheat bug (load opponents turn from a solo game)

The 2nd has not even been addressed. I was called fixed in PTW1.21 or so, but it is not.

The FP bug, according to Watorrey, wasn't fiexed either:

The offered solution 'start a new game', won't help for my already started c3c PBEMs.

Thanks for nothing

Remember, it is a beta patch not an official release = we're quality assurance this time round.

Top Bottom