Conquests COTM01 Speculation Thread

Sounds dodgy to me ;)

I'll be screwing up from turn one, and keeping with the run of mistakes... :p

My prediction: The game is Warlord, but our entire starting continent is Desert, Hills and Mountains aside from the little Plains-forest region along the river just to our east. Better than Sid on a similar map!

I have my tactics worked out ;)

I don't know where the nearest AI are going to be, but I suspect it's some way off. This will make trade by harbour more important, strain science spending, and so on.

Barbarians will be a threat if it's a big desert region.

I think it's going to involve a lot of scrounging pennies, and continuous scouting, until the age of sail...

This month the information is given step by step!
Very hard for the beginning! Well We have a scout in order to find the best location for the 1st city. I don't remenber if the scout can use it 2 moves inside a forest ?
LeSphinx

Of course he can't. Though if your scout is in the forest in the beginning of the turn and you move out him to the clearing you still can make second move with it.

..........Deleted at the request of the original poster..........

ainwood said:
You can have the gaqme in about 3/4 of an hour (as soon as I get the pages uploaded etc). :)

Don't forget to mention what to download if playing first time with vanilla 1.29f and from where :)

Thanks in advance

Random fan said:
Don't forget to mention what to download if playing first time with vanilla 1.29f and from where :)

Thanks in advance
I get the feeling that woody is busy, so allow me to re-paste these instructions from the request of the last new GOTMer :lol::

Welcome to GOTM! :wavey:
I think this will help you get started:
If you have not previously recently played and completed a GOTM game, then download the "Gotm21 Total Install" first and then add the Add-On packs for Gotm22, Gotm23, Gotm24 and then add on the Gotm25 game pack that matches your software... Please pay close attention to matching the game pack versions to the software version that you are playing as this will eliminate 95% of all the errors that have been observed in the past games.
These files are located here (scroll down to 2nd and 3rd posts):
GOTM reference thread

have fun!

o_O a lot of stuff to download

thanks for help :)

The files are pretty small, and they're very easy to install.

Anyone else think Ainwood is waiting to upload the files to see how many people he can get constantly refreshing the page for updates?

Stone Wolf said:
The files are pretty small, and they're very easy to install.

Anyone else think Ainwood is waiting to upload the files to see how many people he can get constantly refreshing the page for updates?

Count me in as one of the refreshers......
I was hoping to get a quiet hour of civving done before the kids are getting back from kindergarten!! :lol:

um judjing by the way the gotm page is wavering it could be the hittites instead of england people :)

Random fan said:

Thanks in advance

Please note that the game that has just been released is a C3C (Conquests) game. It does not need any download packs to play.

Those download packs will be useful for the Classic GOTM starting in two weeks. :)

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but don't you think a little notice about the need for Conquests would have been appropriate? I haven't bought it for the sole reason that the GotM doesn't support it. Now, having stayed up late to get a quick peek and maybe a couple turns in before I get my 3 hours of sleep before work, I get to find out that I won't even be able to load the file.

damn I think I am going to visit that store after all ...

Top Bottom