[C3C] Conquests of Might and Magic 3 Preview Thread

Great, You have the City and Palace view screens completed.
The Game Testing is generally the most time consuming, especially when more adjustments are desired.
Yes, one could "mod forever" unless the mod is said to be finished at some point. That said, there seems to always be other additions or at least some Tweaks to do after a release.
Take your time and enjoy what you have created as you Game Test. After all your efforts perfecting your work there is no need to Rush the release over a few days.

Hi tom2050, just had an idea.
If you have a relic or symbol important to your mod you could use the city view to do something dramatic to one specific city.
You could have a piece of symbol imposed over the city view and add components by building a chain of mutually dependent wonders. The last wonder could enable a game changing event.
It has very little practical use but may add something to the narrative.

I have been using Quintillus v1.09 editor. He has done a great job on it. As long as certain items don't get too complex with unknown / special features, you can switch back and forth from his to Firaxis editor just fine without losing anything.
You did a great job in mod too

Your right, I don’t know about anything in this area.

I’m assuming that the background image for the city view is a standard layer and when you add improvements it adds the building images in layers over the back ground or as a collection of tiles in the same layer. The idea was; In addition to the building you could have an image appearing to be in the foreground (same image file as the building) that works as a countdown.

I’m probably wrong but if you pitch a bad idea it can still lead to a good one.

Thanks Chickenx.
Vuldacon: LOL. Sometimes I feel that way also!
Oni, I do kind of see where you are going. Like one wonder or improvement is a requisite to the next, and there is a line of them throughout the tech tree. And as you build them throughout the game, the city view unfolds a graphical story. I think that could work well, and be pretty cool. Like a WW2 Scenario could alter the city view images to kind of show the war path. I used a map of Antagarich in this one, seemed to work pretty well for starters. Certain buildings built will show around the map as you complete them.

Testing is completed.. I am doing the uploads now (in zip and rar format). After work today, or tomorrow, I will get this posted.
The size is pretty large, on par with CCM. If anyone requests, I can try to make a slimmed down version (without all the extra graphics/videos/etc).

Thanks Chickenx.
Vuldacon: LOL. Sometimes I feel that way also!
Oni, I do kind of see where you are going. Like one wonder or improvement is a requisite to the next, and there is a line of them throughout the tech tree. And as you build them throughout the game, the city view unfolds a graphical story. I think that could work well, and be pretty cool. Like a WW2 Scenario could alter the city view images to kind of show the war path. I used a map of Antagarich in this one, seemed to work pretty well for starters. Certain buildings built will show around the map as you complete them.

Testing is completed.. I am doing the uploads now (in zip and rar format). After work today, or tomorrow, I will get this posted.
The size is pretty large, on par with CCM. If anyone requests, I can try to make a slimmed down version (without all the extra graphics/videos/etc).
No problem, Im also making a big mod in civ 3 conquest I'm also happy to test your mod when I get back to Georgia by Sunday

Top Bottom