Consentient's Deity & Immortal VidLPs

Hmm.. Turn 0 is ofc interesting, so we can get soem different starts. Maybe some turn just before you start a major war to see if anyone is just as effective as you. (My warfare really isn't all that great so it would be nice with some 'benchmarks' i.e. turns where I can see that you take a city etc etc)

Live streaming is great IF you can interact with the chat at the same time. Streamers who don't care about their audience is pretty lame. So if you can pull that off, then absolutely. Go for it! I'd watch it

Re: the saves and the streaming. It might all help me slow down, play better, commentate better, etc.

Maybe I can have the chat window on my iPod Touch so I can see messages when they come through and immediately respond to them. I'm in Central Europe, so a typical time when I'd be able to have a streaming session would be 12.00pm GMT +1. Not sure how good that is for the Norteamericanos but for most Europeans (a fair % of CFC) it should be possible to follow me.

If at least 2/3 people agree to 'tune in', I'll do it, and happily respond to all chat messages.

I'll try my best to be there. Just pass us a stream link =)

Twitch chat works fine on my phone, so it should work just as well on a pad I believe

Here is a video showing you three maps I generated with the Ottomans. Please could interested viewers let me know which (if any) they would like me to continue with, or if I should roll another?

How does the twitch stream work for the general viewing public, is anyone free to use comments and chat and everything or you need real cash money for it?

Also, I was all kinds of busy up until about 2 hours ago, not only did I not see this announcement, but wouldn't be able to participate anyways, sorry about it

I have no idea how it works. Just waiting for someone to show me the ropes. But the chat room was up and ready. I think now I'll wait for the next DCL and try to schedule a time when a few others can join me.

How does the twitch stream work for the general viewing public, is anyone free to use comments and chat and everything or you need real cash money for it?

Also, I was all kinds of busy up until about 2 hours ago, not only did I not see this announcement, but wouldn't be able to participate anyways, sorry about it

Twitch is completely free, unless you want to subscribe (sponsor) a certain streamer. There are options for streamers to set the chat to be allowed either for everyone or for subscribers only. As long as it's set to allow everyone to chat, then you can fire away freely! You will ofc need a twitch membership to do so (once again, it's free).

@Consentient:

Can you please give a link to your twitch so I can follow you? That will notify me by email once you go online. As for broadcasting: I only use OBS (PC) for recording but I do know that a lot of ppl use for twitch streaming too. Not sure how that works tho..

I have OBS and Twitch. The link to my twitch place is in post #43 of this page. If you and Stormtrooper412 and maybe a couple of other people will agree to watch my game, then I can schedule it for a time when everyone can make it. Maybe next weekend is best, since this one is nearly over :(

If you agree on a timeframe, send me an e-mail or PM, this weekend has been absolutely hectic

I've watched a few of your videos, and they're very good, consentient, well done.
I won't be watching any of the immortal ones but would be very interested when you move up to deity.

I've watched a few of your videos, and they're very good, consentient, well done.
I won't be watching any of the immortal ones but would be very interested when you move up to deity.

It's OK, nicky, I'm not doing any Immortal ones anymore. The fact that I'm almost certain I can win every map makes me sloppy and lazy. It will be Deity only from here on in. It won't be 'moving up', since I already play and win most Deity games, but I hope that making Deity LPs will force me to play more carefully and thoughtfully....in other words, 'better'.

The next one I'm going to play is an Iroquois Pangaea game, where I'll provide the NC finish turn save for anyone who wants to 'play along'. I've almost completed Honor so it will be for anyone wanting to play that. Plus the Iroquois are wholly without benefits so if you can warmonger with them, you can warmonger with anyone.

I'm not under any illusions that players of a better caliber can learn from my videos, but maybe they can give me a few useful tips so I can be better?

Here is the save.

Additional information:-

Spoiler :
The intention is to hit XBs then start to war against GW when the DoF runs out, having gotten him of course to start aggressing against the others. On this save you have 8-9 Archers, most of whom have some promotions. And money is coming in, for those upgrades when the time is right. Any other questions about the map, please use spoiler tags.

[EDIT: I've decided to take a break from CFC and from Civ 5 for a while. I've been suffering from depression the last few weeks at least and need to reconnect with other stuff. Absorbing myself in this game hasn't worked.]

Attachments

• Hiawatha_0092 BC-0575.Civ5Save
    961.3 KB · Views: 132
I've checked and can't find the save for the Iroquois or the Ottoman games. Gonna have to start from scratch. So I'll do a Twitch broadcast, maybe next weekend, if at least a couple of people will agree to show up and watch/chat?

I've checked and can't find the save for the Iroquois or the Ottoman games. Gonna have to start from scratch. So I'll do a Twitch broadcast, maybe next weekend, if at least a couple of people will agree to show up and watch/chat?

Hey man. Sorry to hear you've been down. Happens to the best of us. Civ almost definitely isn't the way out of depression (but doesn't mean you need to stop playing hehe). But it does help postpone feelings and distract you.

Anyway, I'd be up for going on twitch at the weekend if we organise a time....

Also saw you'd recorded a Deity LP. Had a brief look in my lunch break and looks interesting.

Yeah, announce a time and I'd make an effort to attend but don't hold it against me if I end up a no-show, because it most likely won't be my fault

Got an exam on saturday, and another two during the following week, so I won't rly be able to attend I'm afraid. Would've loved to though.. =(

Noticed the new LP btw. Your sound's a lot better now. Got yourself a new mic?

@Nicky, ST, Tob

Thanks for the feedback. There is no difference in my setup, so not sure what is causing the improvement.

I think I'll wait until there is a time when all 3 of you can join me. What about Saturday 13th or 20th, anytime between 10am and 5pm CET (Prague) ?

I'll try to make it to either one you end up choosing mate, but I'm afraid I can't really promise anything at the moment. Since I'm at uni atm, I kinda have to work during the summer, and this means that I'll be moving away for some time (work's located at a different city ofc...)

I'm going to start work on the 15'th, so I'm not sure how much time I'll have on the 13'th. Most likely I'll be available, just can't make promises. i'll keep you updated though!

yeah, around 11am CET on a Saturday is the least hectic period, so either Saturday is good for me

Top Bottom