Consentient's Deity & Immortal VidLPs

Update: I'm going to have to cancel this streaming date, and sadly won't be able to play any more Civ 5 for a while, I think.

To cult a long story short, I'm trading in my MacBook Pro for an iPad. I travel on foot and by bus for my job and carrying my MacBook has clearly been taking its toll on various muscles throughout my body, despite me being in good enough shape to have run a half-marathon on Sunday.

The MacBook barely copes with Civ 5, but the iPad has no chance.

So I will continue to visit the forum and post, but won't be playing any more games for a while, until maybe I stay in one place long enough and save enough dosh, to buy a real iMac.

The trade-in will probably happen on Thursday morning, which means that the DCL #29 and ICL #28 will be my last. :(

[EDIT: This is now obsolete. Let the games proceed...!]

Best of luck mate. Would just like to point out btw: I have a friend who plays Civ 5 on a pad, works surprisingly well. Not sure what tablet it is though, I'm afraid, just wanted to tell you it MIGHT not be impossible to play on a pad.

Really? I checked the specs and it seemed impossible. I suppose I could give it a try. I won't get my hopes up though :)

Google something along the lines of "Civ 5 for touch pad" and hopefully you'll find some sort of solution! Best of luck mate! Btw, when will you be leaving for China?

Good news! I dug deep into my pockets and shelled out for the iPad WITHOUT selling the MacBook. So my Civ 5 play can continue. We're back on for the 13th.

@Tob: I'll leave for China late August, but I'm leaving Carlsbad in about a month, going to England for a bit to see my family.

OK I'll confirm the full details later, but the Twitch link is:-

http://www.twitch.tv/thebloodthirstyone

I'll have the Twitch chat open on the iPad while I play so I can chat and so forth. If someone would like to help me do a Test stream this Sunday, 6 days ahead of the live game, I'd appreciate it.

Whatever time you can make...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've made a video demonstrating worker steals and CB rush with the Zulu. Will post it as soon as the videos are rendered.

Sorry this is off again. I have to work :(

Sunday is a possibility. I'll see how I feel after work on Saturday and post back here. Don't wait around on me. Go ahead and make alternative plans etc. I appreciate the support and enthusiasm and I really want to make this happen. Just very swamped right now.

Sweet :D

If you do make it, post an announcement here so I don't forget about it.

alright: the only thing I'd have done differently (other than fail) would be Settler first and then Granary instead of Pyramids because every time I tried to pull that off, completing or not , I end up a bit behind. The worker baiting thing seems ungodly strong and you're well on the way to clearing out a neighbor and finish NC before turn 85. With some effort, I might pull that off as well however the buck stops there as my follow through remains beyond terrible. Hopefully you'll keep playing the map

I won't keep playing the map because the landmass is appalling and I'd rather play more enjoyable shapes. But more than anything I wanted to make a worker stealing video cuz I was more than sick of "I can't do it" threads clogging up S&T.

Once I get to China, I'll be working 1/2 the amount of hours I am now. There may even be time when I'm in England in between here and China, we'll see...

LP for England DCL is coming along OK. That will have to do for now. I really want to stream with the live feedback of other players. It's just about finding the time in between work/packing/tying up loose ends, etc.

Top Bottom