Contacts

Black Heart777

Chieftain
Why is that I can only make relations with 8 of civilizations as opposed to all of them? Is there something certain I need to do?

Do you mean once you've met the civ?

If so, control click on a face of another civ leader (F4 screen) and a menu of the other civs appears. Choose one and repeat .

Yeah but I mean I can only contact 8 civilizations. Even though I have met all of them. What do I do?

I think it's shift, then right click. Just do this on one of the other rivals portraits than you can select another civ to put in that place instead. What I do though is Shift-D, or hit the little 'd' (for diplomacy) that's in the lower right hand corner of the normal map screen.

You can reach them all via the trade advisor, too.

I usually like to use shift+d, but it's good to be able to see who is at war or has a RoP or MPP with a particular civ, so the foreign advisor isn't obsolete.

I can remember playing games where I could see the information you mentioned: who was at war with whom and who had ROP etc. Now, all I can get is my own peace/war (only) info with other civs. I have clicked [all] for what I want to see.

Is this from the patch or is there something more I have to do to see how others are getting along?

On the right side of the foreign advisor screen, there are buttons to display who has RoPs, MPPs, etc.

I checked those on the screen and it does nothing. It will only show my information. If I have RoP or war or peace -- that is all I get.

I can remember playing games where I could see the information you mentioned: who was at war with whom and who had ROP etc. Now, all I can get is my own peace/war (only) info with other civs. I have clicked [all] for what I want to see.

You have to click on their portraits to see who they are at war/peace with. If you hold shift and LEFT click on each picture you can see all at once. If there is one that isn't showing any lines with anyone else he probably doesn't have an embassy with anyone or it's a bug. I had this happen with the Americans after they got wiped from the continent and were then stuck on a little two-city island.

Shift-D will pop up a menu to contact all the civs you have contacts.

Also in F4 screen, you can change the civs appeared by shift-right click on any civ pic.

Still i feel that the foreign advisor screen should be able to show all 16 civ´s. So i can see all relationships, pacts and wars at once.

Hope Firaxis will 'fix' this once...

Top Bottom