Contributions to Forum

Forster

Prince
I am surprised at how few people are contributing to this thread and that there is no current input.

I think it's a combination of OW still being not as widely known and played as e.g. Civ6 or HK and it's depth, balance and good AI. I have now more than 100h OW played...and I'm still feeling like a beginner. It is much harder to post about sucessful strategies or just give helpful tips, if you still get hammered by the AI or subtle mechanics surprise you every couple of turns. The good balance and the interwoven mechanics add to this, as it is much easier to point out how to min-max something which already feels broken like e.g. maximing the rewards for plundering in Civ6 by doing this while running the corresponding policy card compared to discussing whether and if when and how to lay waste to the battlefield in OW.

There's a lot of active strategy discussion on the Old World Discord channel, which probably reduces the amount that happens here.

There are more posts on Steam forums than here. Probably CFC is more niche for Civ players, whereas Steam forums also attract players with little Civ experience.

I think it's a combination of OW still being not as widely known and played as e.g. Civ6 or HK and it's depth, balance and good AI. I have now more than 100h OW played...and I'm still feeling like a beginner. It is much harder to post about sucessful strategies or just give helpful tips, if you still get hammered by the AI or subtle mechanics surprise you every couple of turns. The good balance and the interwoven mechanics add to this, as it is much easier to point out how to min-max something which already feels broken like e.g. maximing the rewards for plundering in Civ6 by doing this while running the corresponding policy card compared to discussing whether and if when and how to lay waste to the battlefield in OW.
I kind of wish people would post their bad games as well as the ones they successfully stomp the world.
I also think watching someone make their decisions after surprises or considering strategies would be very helpful to players, especially new players.

There are more posts on Steam forums than here. Probably CFC is more niche for Civ players, whereas Steam forums also attract players with little Civ experience.
I am on Steam quite a bit, but there really isn't much on that either. It's too bad games don't have links to the forums that cover the game.

I am on Steam quite a bit, but there really isn't much on that either. It's too bad games don't have links to the forums that cover the game.

The Old World start screen has a button to go to this forum. We endorse its use - but we also have to recognize that forums aren't the main way for people to interact online any longer. Most Old World activity is on our Discord because that's where players flock to these days.

The Old World start screen has a button to go to this forum. We endorse its use - but we also have to recognize that forums aren't the main way for people to interact online any longer. Most Old World activity is on our Discord because that's where players flock to these days.
I never noticed that, but I do visit here quite often. I guess I will have to go look at discord.

And one CFC posts contains more sense and more positive vibes than the whole steam OW forum. :)

Top Bottom