Convert Civ5Map to Picture

SirRobo

Chieftain
Is there a way to convert a complete Civ5Map to a picture file (jpg, tif, bmp, etc.)?

If you use the steam overlay to take the screenshot instead of the print screen key, it will already be a jpg.

In addition, MS Word, Office, and Excel each have their own ability to take a screenshot of any active program window.

Converting the whole map to a JPEG -- not just what happens to be on the screen -- would be of great interest to me!

I want the entire map converted at once... Pasting screenshots together doesn't work with the perspective view.

I want the entire map converted at once... Pasting screenshots together doesn't work with the perspective view.

I only see three options:

1. Take normal screen shot, but crop it to the overview section in the bottom right.

2. Switch to strategic view and zoom out as far as possible and then cut and paste.

3. Even back in 1994, it was possible to combine maps that had different perspectives together via ESRI's Arc Info with a mini computer. Step one was writing an Arc Info script to convert the maps to the same perspective. So its definitely possible to do this, but you would need to buy a commercial product and learn a lot about the product (and along the way learn more about computer maps than you ever wanted to know.)

Better would be some utility that could open the game file. Copy/crop will be very tedious and error prone. So I think the answer to OP question is simply, “No.” I guess I am a little surprised!

You could save the map and open it in the worldbuilder if you've downloaded the modding tools. It would only be strategic view but it would be easier to get the full map that way.

Tried this with the worldbuilder, and screenshots yield such a poor resolution. Has there been any progress on this front in the last 5 years?

Top Bottom