COTM125 Hittites Demigod - Final Spoiler - Game Submitted

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
This is the thread where you tell us how you did - win, lose or retire.

Only read or post in this thread when your game is ended and successfully submitted.

No worries, Lord AJ.

My result:

Game status: Domination Victory for Hittites
Game date: 340 AD
Firaxis score: 13305
Jason score: 12163

Nice map!

Interesting,

I thought, that I've won, but the upload shows:

Game status: Diplomatic Loss to Sumeria
Game date: 810 AD
Firaxis score: 3328
Jason score: 1781
Time played: 10:22:04

:confused:

I just couldn't imagine that Sumeria got more votes than me. :rolleyes:

i was on a good path to gain the #1 All time fastest-Diplo-spot, however, could not find the time to finish this. no idea whether it would have counted anyway. with no time at Hands, i clicked through the whole IA, making mistake after mistake, while still maintaining 4t-research. so nothing too bad happened until i forgot the 2nd prebuild, and allying the AIs against the wrong civ. Someone else was 2nd. So I lost the vote, somewhen in the 500s, i believe... not sure. i did not save, and did not submit, sorry.

in my life a few things changed drastically recently, so maybe this is the end of my civ career. i may be around a bit, but i don´t see myself playing a civ game in the nearer future.

best- t_x

Sad to hear this (both - about your RL as well as about your civ career)!

What a strange coincidence: the master and the pupil (t_x and Cotta) both went for Diplo and both lost the vote... ;) BTW, what makes you so sure you would have gained the all-time fastest Diplo-spot? Someone else might also have gone for Diplo and might have achieved a good result...! :think:
(But ok, I might as well report my game too: no, I didn't go for Diplo. I played another quick & dirty Domination. I simply repeated my strategy of COTM124, but built Artemis much earlier this time, which resulted in a lot of points, both for early territory as well as for happy people. In the end I got a very similar result as Piú Freddo with a Domination in the early 300s, but I think I scratched the 13K Jason score. However, could be I'm confusing this with the Firaxis score?! They were both in the same range for this game.)

In any case: the second settler made this game so easy, that the results cannot really be compared to other COTMs. So I think it should not count for any all-time high?! :dunno:

Tech level was set to Regent-like level. I calculated that I could have reached fastest ever Space Victory, but I did not have time to finish. The map was also very good otherwise.

i was on a good path to gain the #1 All time fastest-Diplo-spot, however, could not find the time to finish this.

Tech level was set to Regent-like level. I calculated that I could have reached fastest ever Space Victory, but I did not have time to finish

Speaking of which: what exactly are the dates for the fastest ever wins in the various victory conditions? Is there a table for that somewhere?

BTW: I just tried to find the GOTM main page (with links to the submission page, results and awards pages etc.), but it's no longer available from the "CIV3" dropdown box? (The "Military Academy" is missing. too.)

Kuningas did a pretty good job with a 530AD Diplo win! :thumbsup: So the competition for that one would definitely have been hard, templar.

Last edited:
What exactly do you want from me, Lanzelot? I think my post was clear enough that a) I did not finish and only saw that a really good date was *possible* and b) I did not expect the results of this game to find entry into the Fastest Finish table. So what´s your point, really?
t_x

I have no point. I was just asking whether there is a table somewhere, that lists the current "best dates" for the various victory conditions, as I am interested in them.

(And this interest was sparkled by you and Drazek stating that you were on a good road to a fastest ever Diplo and Space victory, so I concluded that you two must know the current fastest finish dates and can perhaps point me to them. And I was wondering, whether Kuningas' 530AD Diplo win might have beaten the current record, in which case you would not only have had to compete against the current record, but also against Kuningas' submission, which might have added some "extra challenge" to this competition... ;)

As to whether or not a modified game, where we start with two settlers, should be eligible for any "fastest finish awards", I agree completely with you: it shouldn't. That simply would not be fair to all past and future COTM submissions.)

PS: never mind, I found it: lat entry in the "Phanteon of Heros"... (How could I play GOTM for almost 10 years now, and never notice this feature... :hammer2: )

Edit: so indeed Kuningas' 530 AD Diplo win made it into the table -- congrats! :hatsoff:
(However, I do think we should exclude COTM 125 from this competition due to the two-settler start. @Alan, can you do this?)

Last edited:
I noticed that COTM 116 (Byzantium) had three entries in these tables, in particular the ones for fastest 20K and highest-scoring 20K, and I had a vague memory that this game had been modded as well. So I looked it up, and indeed, it adds the following boni to the standard game:

1. New Wonder: "Hagia Sophia", giving 4 happy faces and 10 culture per turn.
  2. Courthouse provides 50% more tax and 25% more shields.
  3. Human player does not play alone, but in a "locked alliance" with Rome (means you have contact with Rome right from the start and can trade starting techs).
  4. An extra Legionary unit as start unit, which can be used to trigger the GA at any convenient point of time.
I think this can also not be compared to a "nomal" game; in particular the extra 10cpt and an early 25% additional production will be quite significant towards a 20K victory... :mischief:
So should we exclude it from the competition as well?!

And also COTM 115 (Austria) was modified a bit, as Austria was in a "locked alliance" with Germany, and the Palace acted as a Hospital. Not sure, though, whether this would be a severe enough modification to justify an exclusion from the "all-time highest and fastest" tables?! What do you think?

Top Bottom