[C3C] COTM138 Germany Emperor - Spoiler

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
This is the thread where you tell us the whole story of your game and how in the end you did -- win, lose or retire.

Only read or post in this thread when your game is ended and successfully submitted.

20k in 1800

Once again, my notes trail off into nothingness early on. I didn't pay much attention at the end of the game, and I was surprised when the final screen told me I had 95k culture empire-wide.

This game played much easier than I expected, and the AI didn't research worth beans. They never researched sanitation or espionage for me; I went back to get them after I had the bulk of the modern age done.

My notes, such as they are:
Worker S, SIP, CB at max, start warrior
road, irrigate. Warrior explores W
Alphabet, improve 2nd wheat
Hut to south = pottery
3050 meet Austria
2nd hut = barbs
buy worker from Austria
20k city to west coast
2270 meet spain
1990 meet france
1830 england
1050 make republic slingshot despite CB first. Dont revolt yet as Colossus is in 4.
975 Revolt 5 turn anarchy
Lose MoM in cascade with 1 turn left. :(
390 ad at war with Austria, bomb and destroy the palace!
490 finally get a MGL

conquest victory in 500ad

i settled one SW
no other early notes left
350 bc i meet the Russians as the last unknown civ
30 ad French gone
270 start my GA with The Great Wall, building TGLight rougly at the same time and having conquered the GLib just before from Spain
310 Spain gone
360 war against Vikes starts
430 Russia and Ragnar are out
470 well prepared attack on Netherlands gets me all their towns in 1 turn
however it takes me 2 more turns to track down their last settler in 490ad.

after the victory screen the game always crashes, so i submit per email as well as per the submit page

thanks for this fun game, very nice set-up including Austria... who were no challenge, however. ;)

t_x

after the victory screen the game always crashes, so i submit per email as well as per the submit page

You have an error, a typo (of my hand, I'm afraid), in your <pediaicons.txt> file. Open it in an editor and correct "atr" to "art" (at least) twice.

thanks for this fun game, very nice set-up including Austria... who were no challenge, however.

It's just a standard Emperor game. The AI is a challenge only at the very beginning of the game. I think in Civ II, the interesting challenge is other players playing the same map, hence this friendly competition. I have no idea whether the AI has improved in terms of being challenging in the later incarnations of this franchise; my impression is that the strategic possibilities have had to give place to fancy graphics and effects. Civ IV and Civ V were so boring.

Sorry if i sounded critical, I absolutely did not mean to. As an Austrian, I always enjoy seeing Austria in the game. And they were close by, so theoretically they could have been a challenge to overcome. But they were tame and easy to conquer... Austria was always better in building dynasties than in warfare. ;)
t_x

Spaceship in 1290 AD.

I reloaded once from the 1120 AD auto-save because of a strange "bug in a bug". Once the submission is closed, I will post the auto-save here and describe what I mean. It is probably the queerest thing I have ever seen in Civ3... (And I have seen a lot...)

Top Bottom