Council Vote - Confirmation of donsig for Provincial Governor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaitan

der Besucher
This Vote is to confirm donsig as Provincial Governor of the SouthWest Province. All Department Leaders should respond with a vote of YES, NO or ABSTAIN.

This vote will remain open until an unbeatable majority is formed (4 YES or 4 NO votes) OR a quorum is met and at least 48 hours have passed. In the event of a tie I will cast the tiebreaking vote.

This thread is for votes by Department Leaders or applicable Department Deputies. Any discussion on this topic should be taken to a discussion thread.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Eyrei should return before this poll expires, but I feel I should at least cast a provisional vote in the event that he does not. Of course, if he returns in time, please disregard this vote in favor of his.

As acting head of the ministry, I say Yes.

Science Department Votes

NO

Fionn should get the first provinces. He is a proven govonor and has been Domestic leader already. He deserves it more that anyone else.

I urge everyone to vote no also has Fionn deserves this poistion now.

Military Dept.

Votes - Yes

Yes

Originally posted by FortyJ
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Eyrei should return before this poll expires, but I feel I should at least cast a provisional vote in the event that he does not. Of course, if he returns in time, please disregard this vote in favor of his.

As acting head of the ministry, I say Yes.

Well, this is probably going to lead to a judicial review, but my vote is No. While I have the utmost respect for our other appointees, Fionn was elected by the people and should be placed immediately into a governorship of an existing province near the capital.

Originally posted by eyrei
Well, this is probably going to lead to a judicial review...
As I stated in the other poll, I hope not. I hereby withdraw my previous vote due to Eyrei's timely return.

Posting, and an apology to the cabinet for entering your voting room, because of references to potential judicial review.

Two quick points:

1) Any such formal request for review should be made in the judicial thread to avoid discussions here.

2) My view is that there is nothing to review. The laws clearly state that the nominees are the President's call to make. The laws are equally clear in stating that the cabinet gets to confirm those appointees. There is no provision, implied or otherwise in the laws that would give Fionn preference.

However, rather than a judicial review issue, I see it as our government in action. Should you block these nominations, you will in effect apply pressure to the President compelling him to give Fionn a new province sooner rather than later. Obviously the President can be just as obstinent should he so chose.

I don't know if that is good, bad, or indifferent, but it certainly is within the rights of the cabinet and the chief executive.

Bill
Chief Justice

As 48 hours has passed and a quorum has been reached, this vote is closed. donsig has not been affirmed as Provincial Governor and I will put forward a new candidate. The summary of votes is:

Strider (Science) - No
Falcon02 (Military) - Yes
Eklektikos (Domestic) - Yes
eyrei (Foreign Affairs) - No
Padma (Culture) - No
BCLG (Trade) - Absent

2 YES, 3 NO, 1 Absent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom