@$!& Cowboys!

Louis XXIV

Le Roi Soleil
OK, I have no idea what the post limit is, so I'm breaking this into several posts. Its an attempt to explain why, as an Eagles fan, I consider the Cowboys to be our greatest rival (or why Philly fans in general do, since I wasn't alive through most of this). Sorry if it ends up formated funny.

"They got labeled 'America’s Team.' Our players didn’t much like that. Then, the Cowboys started being televised everywhere, every week. You'd see them on TV with the cheerleaders and that Coach Landry and their smug attitudes. That stuff made us hate them more.
"You know, I've got nephews here in Philadelphia who became Cowboys fans. That’s ridiculous. I try not to invite them to my house."
--- Harold Carmichael, American hero

The worst year of Harold Carmichael’s life? It came in 1984, when he was released after 13 glorious seasons in the green-and-silver. Not quite ready to give up on the game, the four-time Pro Bowl receiver waited for an offer from another NFL team. It finally came – from Dallas.
Carmichael assured himself that, if the Birds didn’t want him any more, he might as well play for their enemy. And he was okay, until…
“…until I had to put my head between those stars on that helmet. I looked in the mirror and said, ‘Harold, this is too much.’ Sure, (Eagles coach) Marion Campbell had cut me, but it still felt disloyal.”
Carmichael spent a half-season in Dallas, playing in just two games. When he was released, he says, “I packed up as soon as I could and got out of there. I never looked back.”
Sports rivalries may not mean as much as they used to (just witness Allen Iverson showing up for a home game in a Boston Celtics jersey!). But, Carmichael came to learn, you spend a few years in Philadelphia and you’ll discover that the Cowboys are held in the same esteem as the tax man, the prime minister of Iraq, and Beelzebub himself.
No franchise draws venom from the Philadelphia faithful like the Cowboys. Fools may regard them as America’s Team – a name treasonously bestowed by a local, NFL Films Vice President Bob Ryan. But in our town, where America really started, they are Hell’s Team. They will always be known to us as the Damn Cowboys, the Stinkin’ Cowboys, the Bleepin’ Cowboys.
Stand by the Delaware River some night and whisper over the water the word, “Dallas.”
“…Sucks,” the echo comes back.
Funny because, by all logic, the Eagles’ top rival should be the New York Giants. The two teams play at opposite ends of the New Jersey Turnpike. They’ve been scuffling the same division since 1933, when the Giants welcomed the Eagles into the league with a 56-0 pasting. They’ve inspired classic moments – from Chuck Bednarik’s forearm shiver on Frank Gifford to Herm Edwards’s Miracle at the Meadowlands.
But while the Giants may have sparked a few 700 Level brawls over the years, they never filled Judge Seamus McCaffery’s Vet Stadium courtroom like the Dallas Cowboys.

So how did it come to be that way? Why would a team stationed 1500 miles away become the Big Poison for Eagles fans? Why not the Giants or, for that matter, the team at the other end of the Amtrak Corridor, the Washington Redskins?
To understand our loathing, you have to look at several factors. Start by considering the dreadful years between 1968 and 1978.
Eleven seasons.
Twenty-two match-ups.
Twenty Eagles losses.
Several, by the way, along the lines of a 45-13 pasting in Dallas back in 1968. Eagles coach Joe Kuharich plotted to stop the Cowboys’ potent ground game by employing a soft, three-man rush. Tom Landry countered by ordering quarterback Don Meredith to keep passing the ball – even with the Cowboys up 25 points with two minutes to play.
“Well,” Kuharich offered afterward, “I forced Landry to change his game plan. I didn’t change mine.”
Those were hideous years for Birds fans. The team went a decade without a winning record. Meanwhile, the Cowboys appeared in four Super Bowls, winning two. The better the Cowboys played, the worse the Eagles seemed – and the more we all simmered in hatred and frustration.
Most of us, anyway. Eleven years of bad football takes its toll. While the faithful Birds fans dreamt of long-term revenge, others just surrendered. The weak of character succumbed to the dark side. Kid brothers and schoolyard wimps declared themselves loyal to the infamous Star helmet. Those who couldn’t hang tough instead bought into “Roger Staubach, American icon.” Contrarians among us adorned their bedroom walls with posters of those silicon enhanced cheerleaders.
In short, they bailed.

Back then, the Cowboys Broadcast System (also known as CBS) stuck those starred hats in our faces nearly every Sunday at 4 p.m. When the NFL’s draconian rules blacked out the Eagles, the hearty of character listened to the game on radio or went outside to rake leaves. The weak-willed genuflected to Bob Lilly.
Even today – an era in which the good guys routinely pound the Boys – the root of the rivalry remains the same: The hatred is less between the cities or the players. It is between Eagles and Cowboys fans here in the Delaware Valley! Consider a 2002 poll conducted by ESPN. The survey found the Cowboys to be the most-hated NFL franchise among Philadelphia sports fans. They were also, however, second in popularity, behind only the Eagles. A full eight percent of football fans in this area said they prefer Dallas.
One in 12. The fungus among u.
“Who knows why?” ponders Tom Brookshier, a hard-hitting cornerback for the Birds in the NFL’s prehistoric days. “I’ve heard it all – the helmets, the cheerleaders, the appeal of guys like Staubach and Meredith and (Bullet Bob) Hayes.”
Brookshier parlayed his seven-year NFL career into a longer one as a broadcaster. For years, he was partnered with Pat Summerall at CBS – often announcing Cowboys games. “In a sense,” he concedes, “I guess I’m to blame as well.”
Actually, Brookshier was there was a player at the beginning of the rivalry. In 1960, the Eagles won the NFL title. The Cowboys, an expansion team, went 0-11-1. But you wouldn’t have predicted that watching the season’s second game.
“We went down there to play in front of 18,000 fans.” Brokkshier recalls. “The Cowboys were brand new. Their players didn’t even know each other. I swear I saw two of their guys introduce themselves and shake hands.
“They’re shuffling in three quarterbacks, a new one every play. We’re laughing, thinking we’re gonna win huge.”
It didn’t turn out that way. The Eagles trailed most of the game before a late bomb from Sonny Jurgensen to Tommy McDonald gave them a 27-25 win. The real hero of the game was Eagles safety Bobby Freemen, who blocked two of Dallas kicker Fred Cone’s extra point attempts, the second one with his face.
“Broke his nose, blackened his eye, split open his whole face,” recalls Brookshier. “Best play he ever made.”
It wasn’t the last time an Eagle had his face busted up by the Cowboys.

On November 6, 1966, Eagles halfback Timmy Brown broke two kickoff returns for touchdowns against the Cowboys, tying an NFL mark. Cornerback Aaron Martin also returned a punt all the way, as the Birds won, 24-23.
One year later in Dallas, Brown ran out on a pass pattern, turned around and watched Norm Snead’s throw sail over his head. As Brown slowed to a stop, Cowboys linebacker Lee Roy Jordan slammed his elbow into Brown’s face. The elusive halfback crumpled, his brain concussed, his jaw dislocated, his teeth scattering on the ground. Wrote the Inquirer’s Frank Dolson, “The elbow cleared out Timmy’s teeth the way a bowling ball knocks down a row of pins.”
Jordan drew a 15-yard penalty, but no matter. The Eagles had lost their best weapon. The Cowboys won, 38-17.
Heading home that night, the Eagles’ chartered plane had mechanical problems and was forced to land in Wichita, Kansas. The players were told to wait at the airport gate, but Brown – confused by the concussion or the pain medication he was given – wandered off. Thinking he was already back in Philadelphia, he hailed a cab.
When it came time to re-board, Brown’s teammates realized he was missing and began frantically searching the airport. The cabbie, baffled by Brown’s instructions (“Take me to Germantown Pike”), called the cops. As the legend goes, the Wichita police, who had not been told of the Eagles emergency landing, didn’t buy Brown’s story of being an NFL player. They called local mental institutions to see if a patient had escaped.

A similar Dallas dirty trick occurred 12 years later. The six-foot eight Carmichael developed into a star for the Eagles and eventually set the NFL record for consecutive games with a pass reception. The streak was at 127 games on Dec 8, 1979 when Carmichael ran a routine sideline pattern early in a contest against the Cowboys.
“The pass was overthrown,” Carmichael recalls, “so I started to slow down. I was about to step out of bounds, looking up at the ball, when Dennis Thurman nailed me. He knocked me on my butt, and I hit a nerve or something. It took me awhile to get up. After that, I could run straight, but I couldn’t cut.”
The Cowboys cornerbacks realized that the big man couldn’t move laterally, so they crowded up to play bump-and-run. Carmichael couldn’t push past them. His record receiving streak ended. The Eagles lost the game.
Was Thurman’s hit a cheap shot? Carmichael defers, calling it “borderline.” (He does boast that he “got Thurman back” a few times over the years on cut blocks.) Certainly, Eagles fans saw it for the dirty football it was. Another brick in the wall of our odium.

Through the years, Dallas coach Tom Landry seemed to particularly enjoy rubbing the Eagles’ noses in it. Consider, for example, a 56-7 Eagles loss in 1966. Up a mere 42 points with two minutes to go, Landry replaced starting quarterback Don Meredith with backup Jerry Rhome, just so that Rhome could get his chance to throw a touchdown pass against Philadelphia’s porous defense.
“Landry was such a huge factor in the rivalry,” says Brookshier. “Players come and go, but he was there forever (actually 29 years). And Philadelphia fans could never stomach Landry. He was such a dry, close-to-the-vest type. Sort of a plastic man. Definitely not a Philly guy.”
While Dallas had its coaching giant through the ‘60s and ‘70s, Philadelphia trotted a quintet of midgets – Nick Skorich, Kuharich, Jerry Williams, Ed Khayat, and Mike McCormack. Eagles players would look at their own coaching staff, gaze across the field at Landry, and know they entered a contest trying to crawl out of a hole.
“When I got to Philadelphia, we’d play hard, but we could just never beat them,” says Stan Walters, the huge offensive tackle who played for the Eagles from 1975 to 1983. “A fluky play would cost us the game, or Staubach would do something at the end to steal it. The difference was that the Eagles were hoping to win, but the Cowboys expected to win.”

The turnaround began in 1976, when Dick Vermeil was hired as Eagles coach. From his first training camp, Vermeil set his sights on Dallas. He told his players that nothing else mattered until they could smite their evil rival.
“We would run wind sprints,” Walters recalls, “and then Vermeil said we needed to run an extra half-hour to catch up to the Cowboys. We’d stay another hour at practice, focusing on Dallas. He told us one time, ‘Gentlemen, we’re going into uncharted space.’ We knew what the target was.”
Vermeil still lost to Landry the first six times they played. After each loss, he would face his team and ask, “What is it going to take to beat Dallas?” Non one seemed to have an answer.

But, by 1979, the worm had turned. On Nov. 11 – the evening before a Monday Night Football battle in Texas – Vermeil called his troops together at the team hotel. He started by going back over the losses. Then he asked the proverbial question: “What’s it going to take to beat Dallas?”
He looked around the room. Silence.
“Gentlemen,” he said, “it’s very simple. Here’s what it’s going to take to beat Dallas – just 24 more hours.”
Vermeil then turned on his heels and left the room.
The players sat in silence for a moment. Then middle linebacker Bill Bergey, the team’s vocal defensive leader, echoed his coach.
“Now is the time,” Bergey said. “Tomorrow night is the time.”
The players joined in, chanting, “It’s our time. It’s our time.” The chorus, Walters recalls, grew so loud that he figured it could be heard at Texas Stadium more than a mile away.
The Birds went out the next night and whipped Dallas, 31-21. Starting quarterback Ron Jaworski got hurt, so backup John Walton came in and hit Charles Smith with a long touchdown. Tony Franklin set a team record with a 59-yard field goal.
Things had changed. It was, indeed, our time.
The Eagles only split in their next eight games with Dallas. But they convinced themselves that the mountain was scaleable. No longer were the Cowboys invincible.

The all-time highlight, of course, came on January 11, 1981, in the NFC championship game.
The windchill factor was minus-17 in Philadelphia that afternoon, with gusts up to 30 miles per hour. Television footage of the games shows 70,000 Eagles fans, most wearing green-and-white Santa hats, huddled under blankets, their breath streaming through mufflers and mackinaws. The cold, however, does not chill their manic enthusiasm. Even on the opening kickoff, Brookshier and Summerall have to raise their voices to be heard over the chant: “E-A-G-L-E-S – EAGLES!!!”
“When we came out and heard the unbelievable noise from the fans,” Jaworski said years later, “that’s when I knew – and I really mean knew – were going to win.”
The Cowboys go three and out on their opening drive – highlighted by Eagles linebacker John Buntin snuffing Ron Springs for a six-yard loss on a screen pass. Danny White’s weak punt lands at the Dallas 42-yard line. Jaworski throws one away on the Eagles first play from scrimmage, and then …
“…I-Right-46-Slant,” recalls Walters. “A play designed to go behind me (the left tackle) from the I-formation. It didn’t work out that way, though, did it?”
Jaworski hands running back Wilbert Montgomery the ball five yards behind the line of scrimmage. Montgomery starts left, toward Walters, but then spots an opening to the right, where tackle Jerry Sizemore has just pancaked Dallas defensive end Ed “Too Tall” Jones.
On television, Summerall, understated as always, calls the play:
“Wilbert Montgomery now as the deep back in the ‘I’. And it’s Montgomery with the ball. Montgomery, with room to go, and he might go. Wilbert Montgomery, touchdown, Philadelphia.”
Just 29 words to describe our greatest moment in the rivalry.
The Cowboys replaced their middle linebacker with a safety on the play, expecting Vermeil to follow through on his pre-game vow to pass on early downs. The call caught Dallas’ defenders flat, and you see them flailing backwards as Montgomery sprints by. They dash right through the end zone, and into a security tunnel, where they are engulfed by cops and joyous Vet Stadium workers.
The Play is indelibly etched into the minds of all Eagles fans who watched it. The other lingering memory from that frigid afternoon?
“Oh, the noise,” says Merrill Reese, who has called every Eagles game on radio since 1977. “I haven’t heard a crowd like that in all the years to follow. It was a fever pitch from opening kickoff to the final gun. The Cowboys all went home with headaches. But to the Eagles, it probably sounded like beautiful fireworks.”
The crowd was so loud that the players couldn’t hear each other. “It was the only game I can remember when I could see the guys’ mouths moving, but I couldn’t hear them,” says Walters. “Jaws was right next to me in the huddle, but all I could do was read his lips.”
The game was far more lopsided than the 20-7 final score suggests. Montgomery ran for 194 yards, and the Eagles defense held Dallas’s Tony Dorsett to 41 yards. Yes, our team went on to lose the Super Bowl to the Oakland Raiders. But even that could not detract from the franchise’s greatest win in more than two decades – going forward or backward.

Vermeil left after the 1982 season, replaced by the inept Marion Campbell. And the Birds again became the Cowboy’s personal plaything.
Until 1986. That’s when Providence came to town in two words: Buddy Ryan.
Say what you want about Buddy – a personal favorite of these two authors. He was arrogant, obnoxious, and not as crafty a game-day coach as, say, Joe Gibbs. He failed to develop talented quarterback Randall Cunningham and chronically ignored his leaky offensive line.
He did, however, understand one thing: The way to win the hearts of Eagles fans was to beat Dallas. Twice a year. As thoroughly as possible.
When Buddy first came to Philadelphia, he hosted a weekly radioshow from the now-defunct Rib-It restaurant in Center City. “My first show at the Rib-It, I saw a young lady wearing a T-shirt,” he recalls. “It said, ‘I root for two teams: The Eagles and whoever’s playing the Cowboys.’ I learned right then that this rivalry was a real special thing here.”
In his first season, Ryan split with the Cowboys, losing at the Vet and winning in Dallas. The next year, things got very personal between Buddy and Tom Landry. It led to one of the greatest escapades in franchise history.
It all started during the month-long NFL players strike. In a foolhardy attempt to keep the league going, NFL owners hired scab players – late-round draft washouts and Canadian football refugees – to wear the uniform of our heroes. Some cities took to the imposters, but Philadelphia would have none of it. The only scab game played at the Vet drew 4,074 fans – the lowest attendance of any game in the league that season.
Ryan, too, wanted no part of this farce. He hardly coached the pretenders who were brought in for him. And while other coaches urged players to cross the picked line, Buddy told his men to stay together.
“Buddy’s message to us was to do whatever we felt was right, but do it as a team” says former tight end John Spagnola, the player’s union representative during the strike. “I’m sure part of his motivation was to be a burr in [owner] Norman Braman’s shorts. Buddy loved annoying Braman. But the result was that it engendered a terrific loyalty from the players to Buddy.”
The second scab game was in Dallas, where many star players had crossed the line. While the Eagles boasted the likes of Guido Merkins and Topper Clemons, the Cowboys used Tony Dorsett, Danny White, Too Tall Jones, and Randy White. The gam was a farce. Dallas rolled up the score, while laughing at the faux-Eagles’ ineptitude. Landry even put his regulars back on the field late, just so they could have more fun beating up the frauds in green.
Ryan seethed and vowed revenge.
Fortune had it that the first post-strike game was at the Vet and against the Cowboys. The Eagles played brilliantly with their regulars back, rolling up a 30-20 lead. They got the ball for the last time with a minute to play. Cunningham took the knee twice, Dallas used up its timeouts and the crowd anticipated one more kneel to end the game.
Except on third down, Randall faked the knee, stepped back and threw a floater toward the end zone for Mike Quick. Dallas’s stunned secondary scrambled back, drawing a pass interference penalty call. On the next play, Keith Byars bulled it in from the one. The game ended 37-20. Even under Landry’s unfashionable fedora you could see his neck turning red.
Rubbing it in? You bet. Meaningless touchdown? Now way. That one was for Timmy Brown. For Harold Carmichal. For every Eagles fan who suffered through every humiliating loss over the years.
In the post-game news conference, Scott Palmer of Channel 6 asked Buddy, “Don’t you think you opened a can of worms?”
“I’d say Landry opened it,” Buddy drawled. “I just put the lid back on.”
More accurately, the scab game opened a can of karma for the Cowboys. Regardless, Ryan never again lost to the Evil Empire, winning seven in a row. “The Cowboys knew we were going to beat them,” he now says. “They just didn’t know how.” He takes particular pride in never losing a game to Jimmy Johnson.

And those weren’t just games in the Buddy versus Jimmy era; they were crusades. The contests earned titles – “The Bounty Bowl” and “The Snowball Game.”
Consider 1989. Before the Thanksgiving Day game in Dallas, Buddy reportedly promised a $200 reward to any player who put a licking on Cowboys kicker Luis Zendejas, whom the Eagles had cut a few weeks earlier. Buddy denied the scheme, but during kickoff, Birds linebacker Jesse Smalls placed a leg-wobbling wipeout shot on the little man.
Zendejas hired four lawyers and threatened for weeks to sue Buddy. He insisted he had a tape recording of Eagles special teams coach Al Roberts warning him of the bounty, but never produced it.
What he did, by squawking endlessly, was whip up Philadelphia fans, so that when the Cowboys came to town in mid-December, the stage was set for ugliness. Zendejas wore a mouth piece for the first time in his career and taped shut the earholes of his helmet. That may have cut down on the noise, but it didn’t protect him from the snowballs that rained down that day.
They came from the Vet Stadium seats. They were aimed at Cowboys players, frightened officials, outraged CBS announcers (“This is worse than Beirut,” blustered Verne Lundquist) and, most especially, the impeccably coiffed hair of Jimmy Johnson. One fan with an impressive arm and sardonic sense of humor even managed to clip Johnson with a roll of Bounty paper towels.
“These people have no class,” Cowboys linebacker Eugene Lockhart said afterward. “I never want to come back.”
And that was sort of the point. If the Cowboys feared Eagles fans as much as they feared the Eagles, they would never win in this town.

One other moment from the Buddy era deserves mention, although it involves neither Ryan nor his players. Stan Walters had retired as a player and was working as an analyst on Eagles radio broadcasts. During a game at the Vet, Cunningham was nailed four feet out of bounds by two Dallas defenders. Walters, infuriated there was no call, ranted that the Cowboys general manager Tex Schramm “has those officials in his pocket.” He went on to call Schramm “the commissioner of scab football.”
Schramm, a powerful member of the league’s competition committee, was told by his spies of Walter’s remarks. He rushed to the window of the radio booth, pounded on it and pulled out his pockets to show Stan there was nothing inside. Walters nearly broke through the glass to throttle Schramm.

The rivalry went back and forth through the 1990s. The Cowboys dominated during their Super Bowl seasons, and the Eagles took control late in the decade. Andy Reid versus Dave Campo? That was like Joe Frazier versus Pee Wee Herman. At least Bill Parcells, hired as Cowboys coach in 2003, portends to be a worthy adversary.

Still, there is talk today that the Cowboys have become irrelevant; that the Giants have replaced them as our No. 1 nemesis. Don’t believe the hype. The traitors among us may have stored away their Emmitt jerseys, but they’ll emerge from the mothballs as soon as the “Boys” luck into another victory. Like the Asian flu or the seven-year cicada, the outbreak of rampant Cowboy stupidity comes back every few years, just to remind us that, really, all men are not created equally.
Don’t forget Tim Brown, or Harold Carmichael. Don’t forgive Tim Landry, or Tex Schramm. Say a prayer for Buddy Ryan and wish the best for Andy Reid.

For as long as there is evil in the world, the Cowboys will have their fans.

The previous was written by Glen Macnow and Anthony Gargano in a book called "The Great Philadelphia Fan Book". If you were ever interested in Philadelphia sports or their fans, I'd highly recommend it. If you live in Philly, its a must have.

Since it was written, the Cowboys have once again risen to national success. Furthermore, the traitor that is Terell Owens has left the Eagles and joined the Cowboys. Because of these things, October 8 will show everyone that the Eagles rivalry with the Cowboys is alive and well for forseeable future.

The Cowboys have won the Super Bowl too many times to support them. Only a tool backs the champion. It's not in the interest of FOOTBALL for the Cowboys to win all the time. The only exception is if the Cowboys are your geographic team -- if you live in Dallas or are from Dallas or it's the nearest Football City then it's okay to root for them.

Same goes for SF and Pittsburgh. All three have won the SB enough -- it's time to share the prize.

Mojotronica said:
The Cowboys have won the Super Bowl too many times to support them. Only a tool backs the champion. It's not in the interest of FOOTBALL for the Cowboys to win all the time. The only exception is if the Cowboys are your geographic team -- if you live in Dallas or are from Dallas or it's the nearest Football City then it's okay to root for them.

Same goes for SF and Pittsburgh. All three have won the SB enough -- it's time to share the prize.

NO! We haven't won a playoff game since... errr..., so we are back for more playoff wins.

As for the Iggles, you still are only our 3rd rival. :p

1) Redskins
2) Giants
3) Eagles
4) Steelers
5) Cards
6) Niners

The idea that the Cardinals are anybody's rival makes me ill...

Unless you meant MLB's St. Louis Cardinals

Louis,

well done dude! excellent! :clap:

it's all very, very accurate and i must admit - this stuff is all true!

and people wonder why we cheer when a dude like michael irvin goes down on the old infamous Vet Stadium turf...easy! we hate him (and still do - espn, get rid of that crack smokin clown already!) :D

@pboily: They use to be in our division, but if it makes you feel better, you can assume I mean Saint Louis.

@El Justo- Cheering for injuries is just plain disrespectful. Also, there is much more satisfaction in beating an opponent at full strength.

Irving is a disrespectful jackass who deserves the hate he recieved. But Philly fans were out of line with their celebration. While they didn't know how hurt he was and had every right to cheer when he got hit, we should have quieted down when it was clear that it was a serious injury.

He still should be off ESPN, though.

TO is the new Irvin, and he deserves to be hated, as does every Cowboy player.

i was actually at that game when irvin went down. tim hauck was the eagles player who hit him. i remember it clearly. while almost everyone was hooting and hollering around us, i didn't necessarily "cheer". however, i didn't really care whether that idiot got up off the turf or not. bottom line is that irvin is a 'deek - plain and simple.

more anti-dallas scuttlebutt: rumor has it that bledsoe is getting benched in favor of romeo! ha! say it ain't so tuna! :rolleyes:

El Justo said:
i was actually at that game when irvin went down. tim hauck was the eagles player who hit him. i remember it clearly. while almost everyone was hooting and hollering around us, i didn't necessarily "cheer". however, i didn't really care whether that idiot got up off the turf or not. bottom line is that irvin is a 'deek - plain and simple.

more anti-dallas scuttlebutt: rumor has it that bledsoe is getting benched in favor of romeo! ha! say it ain't so tuna! :rolleyes:

Hopefully sooner than later, Romo just has a lot less of a presence than Bledsoe.

Bledsoe isn't getting benched...

His back was hurt in Jacksonville, though. I don't know how serious it is.

Hahah, Bledsoe getting benched...thats just the Dallas media going overboard in one bad game. Truth is, Jacksonville had the perfect defense for our offense (good passrushing linebackers and up the middle) and our defense did not stop Jax when we had too. Now, if he continues to play bad...there might be some credence to the idea.

I do not buy spreading the wealth, this isnt baseball where the Yankees have won 27 world championships. Screw spreading the wealth, I want another 3/4 run like in the 90's :p

If it makes you feel any better though LLXerxes, I hate the Eagles more than any other team in professional sports :D Something about them makes them more hateable to me than either the Redskins or Giants.

Azale said:
I hate the Eagles more than any other team in professional sports :D Something about them makes them more hateable to me than either the Redskins or Giants.
as Jeff the Drunk would say - "niiiiice --- clk-clk" :yeah:

Azale said:
Hahah, Bledsoe getting benched...thats just the Dallas media going overboard in one bad game. Truth is, Jacksonville had the perfect defense for our offense (good passrushing linebackers and up the middle) and our defense did not stop Jax when we had too. Now, if he continues to play bad...there might be some credence to the idea.

I'm glad at least some of the Dallas fans recognize that. Parcells after the game said that Bledsoe "didn't face that much pressure." Thanks, Bill. If anyone's creating the QB controversy, it's him for saying something like that other than "Drew had a tough time against a very good defense, we'll regroup and see what we can do against the Redskins."

tcjsavannah said:
I'm glad at least some of the Dallas fans recognize that. Parcells after the game said that Bledsoe "didn't face that much pressure." Thanks, Bill. If anyone's creating the QB controversy, it's him for saying something like that other than "Drew had a tough time against a very good defense, we'll regroup and see what we can do against the Redskins."

If Bledsoe gets time he is a deadly passer, of proven ability.

And by the way... WELCOME BACK tcj :cool: .

Top Bottom