Crash crash crash

Archwizard

Chieftain
Is it just me or does Civ5 crash more in 1.0.0.62 than in 1.0.0.20?

New turns crash, loading the game crashes, civilopedia (still) crashes.

I've experienced 5 crashes in 2 games (one only at turn 51) since patching, which is more total than I experienced playing 1.0.0.20.

Anyone else have this happening?

I haven't, but I've only played 160 turns in.

Then again, I think I had two crashed pre-patch (once loading the game, which didn't repeat itself and once consistently when I was about to discover one tech until I changed to a different tech, let a turn pass, and then switched back to get it). Neither of those circumstances happened in other games, so I can't reproduce them to find out whether they would still crash my game or not.

Oh sure, it crashes a lot on me too.... Into 300 odd turns, 1 min in between turns, and registering 2gb of RAM used.

Small size, 6 civs, 12 CS, and countless cities...

I have given up hope on future patches.
Geez... Civ5 really killed my appetite towards the late games.

I've crashed once, and my computer's pretty crap.

Turn speed is horrible sometimes though.

Yep, when loading saved games I crash a lot. If I have to get up from the comp and dont get back to it within 30 minutes then it crashes pretty much guaranteed.

Yep I get some end-of-turn crashes in .62, didn't have any at all prepatch

Annoyingly I can't load around them

Mine crashes constantly, even more after .62 than .20

Btw, I have a more high end computer (dual Xeons w/16 cores, 12 gig of ram, etc) so it's clearly the game.

Crashes happen more in higher difficulty and larger maps so if u play prince/standard maps and/or rushing , u won't really get any crash.

Not for me -

I don't much like the V gameplay - but crashes are one problem I haven't really had.

Even better since the patch -- and in fact, I spent most of the weekend really pounding away at the game with some mods and scenarios to playtest some things, but haven't had any crashes at all.

YES - I am playing on King difficulty with larger maps and epic time scale.

But it's still ridiculous that crashes are happening at all.

Top Bottom