1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crashing due to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TextShaping.dll?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Jiska, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Jiska

Jiska Warlord

Hello all,

further attempts to debug my mod (https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1511414164) have been showing a pretty consistent crash. Instead of the game just ctd'ing without errors (can sometimes find an error when VS is hooked to the process, sometimes not, but my questions about that will be a dif thread), I'm getting a "Runtime Error", and then references to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TextShaping.dll in VS when hooked to the Civ 5 process. Just wondering if anyone can make heads or tails of this / any idea how to fix it.
    crash1.png crash2.png crash3.png

2. Jiska

Jiska Warlord

This is starting to happen consistently to me. Nobody has any ideas? WHoward? LeeS?

3. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Pretty sure the people who could help you with hooking Visual Studio into system dll's are long gone - ls612 and ilteroi spring to mind