Critique to the Congress System - Please Read and Discuss

Client states would also make the world congress more purposeful. You could try and get some territories for your clients states or expand your influence via your client states. For example, if you couldn't expand into Asia becouse every other civ there would attack you, you could take a city from a mutual foe and give it to your client state. Also, I think it would be a good idea to include diplomacy in the congress

I am against this feature, primarily because it doesn't make any sense. It randomly picked one of my founding cities and gave it away to a nation that had nothing to do with me. Perhaps only have it work on colonies or after wars that last x amount of turns?

The feature is still being ironed out. I don't think anyone wants it to go away, really... just that they want it to work in sensible ways. It's been getting better and better.

I'm not sure if this was suggested, but perhaps if we include a diplomacy penalty for refusing a congress, that penalty should be A: lessened or B: removed all together if the person refusing was invited to but did NOT go to the congress, thus making the 'boycott the congress' feature actually worthwhile, as right now it just seems to remove your say alltogether, of course I haven't gotten to a congress yet with this feature, so I'm not really sure if there are other uses.

So you can't decline to go to a congress and become immune to losing cities? Dang, I was hoping that was a way around this madness.

I wholeheartedly agree that the system doesn't make sense. Egypt just asked for (and received) a city of mine in north-central Europe, where it has no interests at all. Persia successfully got one of mine in the vicinity of Antioch, which did make more sense, but I refused on that one (and got half the world declared on me due to the state of entangling alliances).

If refusing is so volatile, why in the heck do I see civs refusing resolutions all the time in Apostolic Palace votes? They never get declared on them for that. I understand it is apples and oranges, but I would like to see consistency between the consequences of these two actions.

Top Bottom