Cruise Missles

mpisani

Chieftain
Not sure if people are using Cruise Missles or not, but I have found them extremley effective vs Enemy Ships.

I was playing pangega with a map that had two seperate continents, France was on one. She declared war and started bombarding my improvements with her fleet of 40 war ships (Iron Clads, Destroyers and a couple of Battle SHips). I found I could build a cruise missle every turn in about 10 of my cities.. So I started pumping them out an started to builld a Navy of Battle Ships.

5 Turns latter I stared Cruise Missling any ship in range (note range way to short on CM) Usually the first shot would bring a ship to half or lower and a second CM would sink her!

With-in 8 turns I had a 8 Battle ships and France's Navy was at the Bottom of the oceans off my coast.

Yes, it´s good they fixed this in the new patch.

However, you could save quite a few missiles by first bombarding the ships to 1 hp with some artillery or bombers. ;)

I loaded them onto Transports before, for kicks. They can cut off roads and railways on the other side of the coastal city you intend to take. Some I left sitting on enemy turf, but they didn't get captured. Can they be?

Originally posted by Ouchgeddon
Some I left sitting on enemy turf, but they didn't get captured. Can they be?

Yeah, they can be captured... I've even "won" a few after taking a city. :lol:

I like this feature. With railroad several cruise missiles can easily defense your coast. Also, throw two or three before attacking enemy cities garrisoned by infantries will greatly reduce your casualty. Consider cruise missiles are much cheaper than tanks, it's a very good deal.

But, Ouchgeddon,

how do you load cruise missiles to a transport? I tried to load onto transport, sub, nuke sub, and never succeded.

I love cruise missiles. I always use them during the last war of the game. Modern Armour rules but Mechanical Infantry in a large city sure can do some damage. Take your time move in the cruise missiles start pounding the city then move in with your tanks to mop up the wounded MIs.

IIRC you have to move CM's onto transports rather than load them. I think there was another unit that required that too.

Top Bottom