CS-2 - The Sun Never Sets on the British Empire

rex_tyranus said:
Edit: To all. It's a shame. The game is a great idea. I just think the huge earth map with 18 civs is too tedius. I'm honestly tempted to get Chris to restart this one on a standard continents map. (Though I'm a bit tired of England at the moment.)

That's something I'd be willing to do. I love the idea - we could even be a different civ if we wanted - but this map is just too much. I was somewhat worried it might end up like that when I started the game. It's really a shame.

If anyone is up for that I'll try to find some players and roll a start if there's more interest. I'd kinda like to try the fantasy map script. Any idea if that can act like continents except with the weird resource distribution, etc?

Chris, I'd entertain a restart after SGOTM. For now, I'm looking forward to a little downtime after this and RNGod finished.

I was thinking that maybe on a standard map, globe-spanning would be too easy. Most of my games these days end up globe-spanning. Maybe an archipeligo start? Or a large map with only 7 civs?

rex_tyranus said:
Chris, I'd entertain a restart after SGOTM. For now, I'm looking forward to a little downtime after this and RNGod finished.

I was thinking that maybe on a standard map, globe-spanning would be too easy. Most of my games these days end up globe-spanning. Maybe an archipeligo start? Or a large map with only 7 civs?

Ok sounds good. A large map with a smaller number of civs should work out quite nicely I'd think. But, I don't want to make it too easy. Most games do end up globe spanning anymore, as we all get better at the game. We'll think about it later in the summer when the game comes back around again.

chriseay said:
Ok sounds good. A large map with a smaller number of civs should work out quite nicely I'd think. But, I don't want to make it too easy. Most games do end up globe spanning anymore, as we all get better at the game. We'll think about it later in the summer when the game comes back around again.

Certainly wouldn't want it easy. I'd go in for odd variant rules on this, too. Anyhow, when you bring it back, please PM me so I can be sure to get in, Chris.

So RIP on this game?:(

rex_tyranus said:
So RIP on this game?:(

Well not sure yet. We haven't heard from Senwiz yet. If nothing else though, RIP on the variant rules. It seems like none of us have the energy to carry them out at this point. Going for a space or diplo win could still be fun though.

Sorry for not responding sooner. RL has been calling me, and I have had to answer the call. :(

That stated, I would be up for a restart. Just understand one thing: I am in the process of moving, to be started soon. (Read: The beginning of June). I am moving in with my girlfriend, who is living with her father right now. But, he is moving out. So, as his stuff goes, my stuff moves in behind him. LOL So, I'll not be done until mid to late June. So, there might be times I can't play for a few days.

This map is killing me though. LMAO And I have wanted beat up on the English Empire since we started. LMAO ;)

That stated, if ya'll will have me around again...I'd love to play. I think a fantasy map would be cool. But, I'm up for anything, as long as isn't Huge with 18 civs. LMAO Honestly, that's just too much for us to have bit off. But, it was fun trying. :)

Yeah Senwiz, totally would like to have you in when we restart. Let's just call this one as it stands then, and sometime at the end of June I'll start something with similar variant rules, but with a smaller map.

rex_tyranus said:
Is there a British equivilant to Taps? Does anyone have a bugle?

Do chips count? I can get some from the store. LMAO

I do say we call this one a draw. I think we met the spirit of what we intended on doing, if not the geography. I do look forward to the next one though. It has been a lot of fun. :)

@Sprite: I don't think it's a matter of any of us thinking that we can't win. It's really a matter of this game is so big, each turn takes a half hour just to play. That's not counting write-up time.

It just sucks the drive right out of you.

Gaspar~ said:
Yeah. If we restart on a map that doesn't make we want to die I'd be game.

Man, it was hard to keep the coffee in my mouth after reading that. Gotta stop taking sips of beverages while reading CFC posts. :lol:

Alright excellent. I'm thinking I'll start a new game sometime come end of June. I'll be out of town in the middle of that month, and once I'm back and settled in, we'll give it another go. That'll give us all time to finish/start/whatever any other games we want, and let the idea of how much fun such a game can be sink back in.

Mabye for the new game you could select the civs that Britain conquered in real life and have them as some of the oppenents.

That is a very good idea, actually.

That would put India, Americans Indians (maybe Monty, HC, or America), France, China(Maybe??..I'm thinking Indochina myself)

But, I'll leave that up to everyone else. ;) I'll just agree or disagree with whatever choices are made. ;)

Top Bottom