CTD every few turns - Failure to allocate video memory.

MakaveliTheDon

Chieftain
Hi I posted this in the FfH forum but was unable to solve the problem. The game ran fine up until around turn 400~ and then it crashes every few turns. Every time I play I can get a bit further but the crashes come more frequently the farther in the game I get. The error I get is:

"Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings.
File:\main\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs \NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9VBManager.cpp, Line:1019"

I'm using Fall From Heaven 2 mod and I've also slightly modified the python so huge maps are 1.5 times larger. The map I am currently playing that crashes frequently has 20 civs on it (I think 19 or 18 now). My computer is well capable of handling a map this size and my directX and graphics card driver is updated.

Any help is appreciated!

If it's a ATI graphics card, you're done for, buddy... worse situation here ¬¬'

Had the same problem with two of my computers, same save.

MAFs generally mean your computer simply can't handle rendering the art. You are playing on two large of maps, and also FFH2's art isn't optimized as far as I know, there are probably a few very high poly models in there. Anyway only real solution is just to play on smaller maps. Of course updating your drivers as Ori suggests may help though.

Top Bottom