1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cultivating a dose of Anglophilia!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Cam_H, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Cam_H

Cam_H Deity

So ... what happened?

My only game was a passive Religious-Corporation focussed one that got me into Space. I bombarded Boudica and Zara Yaqob with Confucianism and gifts, and then founded Mining Inc., Cereal Mills, and Civilized Jewelers (two of the three in my Shrine - Wall St. city) and spread them into the Mayan and Portuguese lands. As for espionage, it was all defensive; Spies fortified in all cities and Security Bureaux in most - I'm sure that I missed the point!

As for Trash Game #6, it sounds as though we can hold off for a while. In time, if and when we get there, I'd prefer to go back to the old Trash format though; 'Best Ball' was chosen because of the Cultural goal this time, but I think that the Trash format is better from a learning perspective for other victory targets.

2. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

With regard to espionage, I played a test game on Prince, where I teched direct to Alphabet and then put the research slider to 0% for the rest of the game. All techs then had to com via trade or espionage. It was really easy to stay in the tech lead actually.

3. cabert

cabert Big mouth

about a BtS trash game, let me put it in simple words : this thing isn't even available here ! I don't have BtS yet.