Cultivating a dose of Anglophilia!

Öjevind Lång;5708611 said:
I'm late again - sorry! But since this is the end of the line, I hope no one minds... I'll play the save today, and, if anyone is interested (and I don't make too much of a mess of things), post it here.

So ... what happened?

On BTS, has anyone tried Apostolic victory? I've tried it 3 times now and won.

I think KMad will love this victory. It's all about spies and diplo.

Cam, the espionage gets better with a few games. Most useful, incite riot - no culture defence. Influence civics is pretty good too.

My only game was a passive Religious-Corporation focussed one that got me into Space. I bombarded Boudica and Zara Yaqob with Confucianism and gifts, and then founded Mining Inc., Cereal Mills, and Civilized Jewelers (two of the three in my Shrine - Wall St. city) and spread them into the Mayan and Portuguese lands. As for espionage, it was all defensive; Spies fortified in all cities and Security Bureaux in most - I'm sure that I missed the point!

As for Trash Game #6, it sounds as though we can hold off for a while. In time, if and when we get there, I'd prefer to go back to the old Trash format though; 'Best Ball' was chosen because of the Cultural goal this time, but I think that the Trash format is better from a learning perspective for other victory targets.

Top Bottom