Culture Icons

j51

Blue Star Cadet
I understand why from a UI standpoint they switched to generic culture icons that last through the whole game, but I hope they allow you to switch that off and still use the more specific culture icons they had been making,

Nah, the icons are needed, the colour alone isn‘t enough. Maybe combining the two could‘ve been an option, but maybe that would be too cluttered. There‘s nothing against having the option though in any case, I‘m sure they‘ve done the graphics. :)

Reactions: j51
I'd rather have the culture specific icons too, leader and colour name remain constant. In the full game I imagine it will be better with AI leaders with actual names rather than 'player 5'.

To be fair, it doesn't really bother that much which icon would be there but I prefer the culture specific ones if I had to choose.

Can you give an example?
I think he means these ones.

Spoiler :
Babylonians.png
Egyptians.png
Germans.png
Nomadic tribe.png
Nubians.png

Honestly that's something I would turn into switchable UI option, as it isn't very hard to do (they even had those icons made), heavily depends on a personal taste, and both options have great advantages.

Personally I would prefer cultural icons, players can be remembered by color anyway.

Top Bottom