Custom District shows up in loading screen but not in game

IISMRSACK

Chieftain
I've recently created a new custom civilization, and everything is working except for my custom district. My custom district is a replacement for the Holy Site called the Religion Getter. I see the information for my custom district in the loading screen and diplomacy screen, but the Astrology tech still shows the Holy Site, and when I research it I can only build the Holy Site. Not sure why this is given that my UU is available to build just fine. I have included a text file that contains the SQL for my unique district. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• ui_sql.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 43
I'm faily sure the issue is due to the name. It's too unoriginal and refuse to be seen in public. :lol:

I'm half kidding. That being said, may I suggest using something else? The only other unique district in the game is named after a type of monastery. You could follow the same route and call it an Abbey. Or use Bulgaria as inspiration. Here is one of the first paragraphs of the wikipedia page:

The Constitution of Bulgaria designates Orthodox Christianity as the "traditional" religion of the country, but guarantees the free exercise of any religion.[6] Bulgaria has not experienced any significant ethnic or religious confrontation, unlike the case in former Yugoslavia in the 1990s. The religious communities in the country coexist peacefully. In fact, the capital Sofia is known for its so-called Square of Religious Tolerance; the St Nedelya Church, St Joseph Cathedral, Banya Bashi Mosque and Sofia Synagogue are located within metres of each other in the very centre of the city.

Personally I would play on that. Maybe Square of religious tolerance is a bit too cheesy. But Religious Center. Religious intersection. Square of religious tradition. Religious Community Square. I don't know what would be the mostinteresting for you but I do feel there is something in there that can make a more inspired named than Religion getter.

Just my two cents.

Top Bottom